Japanese Sweet Potatoes

At Whole Foods, I picked up a Japanese sweet potato, located next to the regular sweet potatoes. It tasted so sweet and good that I have to ask if it's allowed on the auto immune protocol as regular sweet potatoes are. White on inside. Here's a link with a description: http://getfit.jillianmichaels.com/japanese-sweet-potato-nutrition-1285.html

I LOVE japanese sweet potatoes!  Boil them and run them through the food processor with some unrefined coconut oil, ground cinamon, salt and pepper.

Makes an awesome mash with great texture and flavor!  Puts regular sweet potatoes to shame...

I LOVE japanese sweet potatoes!  Boil them and run them through the food processor with some unrefined coconut oil, ground cinamon, salt and pepper.

Makes an awesome mash with great texture and flavor!  Puts regular sweet potatoes to shame...

Wish I could find some of those, they sound delish, fab and tasty.   Great to hear you're doing so well.   

They also make great hash browns. I just grate a couple small ones and saute in coconut oil until brown and crisped. They are a little drier than yams or Jersey white sweet potatoes so they carmelize really well. So good with fried eggs!

Archived