Roll call: November Whole30s!

ladybugger14

Ugh, sooo tired. I know it is normal but ugh. I wish my kids were ready for bed.

Breakfast was southwestern frittata from everyday paleo, 1/2 banana, 2 cups coffee with coconut milk, avocado

Snack was the last of the turkey cabbage with salsa stir fry, 3 cuties, and a handful of almonds

Lunch was cauliflower soup, 2 hard boiled eggs, grapes

Dinner was chicken cacciatore over cabbage (from Wellness Mama) with olives.

I remembered you all today when I thought about giving in. Thanks for being here!

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helloooo  :blink:

I am from Toronto, Canada and today (Nov 3) was my first successful day on W30!!  woohoo! 

I try to live the paleo lifestyle - no dairy and grains and lots of real food - but I don't follow it as much as I would like.  Plus I don't drink much alcohol.

I am doing W30 mainly because of my issue with sugar.  I am a sugar addict.  I don't want to be like this anymore.  I must get my cravings under control! (It makes me feel out of control :( )  And I worry that if I continue on this path that I'll become very sick later on in life (or maybe sooner you never know!).  

I am committed to do whatever it takes... if I have to do Whole 60 or Whole 90 ... or longer!   I'm going to do it.  I want to be healthy, happy and in control now and for years to come  :)  

Also, I don't really have support right now.. which is why I'm on here hanging out  ;) It's nice to know that I'm not alone!  This forum is such a great idea!

Hello!  My name is Christa and I am from Michigan.  My husband and I started our first Whole30 today.  Neither of us has any major health issues, we just want to feel better and set a good example for our kids, though our 2.5 year old gladly already eats salad over macaroni.  Today wasn't too bad but I have been slowly replacing the junk in our house over the past week in preparation so we weren't hurting today.  I am looking forward to checking out the recipe suggestions from those who have been through it already.  

Started the day with a Broccoli Egg Bake and finished the day with Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup.

Walked a couple of miles this morning and then worked out on the hotels gym this evening 70a-barbell.gif.

Slight headache as the day wore on but not a pounding headache.

Day 3 and I've developed a love of Coconut oil, fantastic for cooking and put a little in my coffee in the mornings.  

Surprisingly even though I've been eating what I was mainly eating before when attempting a Whole 30, I find myself hungry more than normal.  But the good news is with previous attempts and THIS success I'm loosing weight and my sweats are loose... the bad news is GAH!  MY SWEATS ARE LOOSE and I have to buy more >.<

Just decided TODAY to start Whole 30! Hope you all will forgive me for being a few days late.  I visited my friend Annie this weekend who has always been fit but eluded the final "10 lbs" and who happens to be two weeks into Whole30...there is a noticeable difference in her size and complexion.  She looks GREAT.  I've been eating 80% paleo (if one can say that) and while it has granted me a stable lower-than-I-historically-weigh weight-- there's still room for improvement.  I want to escape my addiction to sugar.  I also want to do something dramatic to kick old ways of living to the curb outside of eating, which I hope to do through Whole30.

A little about me: AZ girl living in Nashville, TN. Married to a wonderful man with two adorable little baby girls and a baby dog.  In my mid 30's (yikes! how did that happen?!).  Work full-time in business development for a fantastic interactive marketing company (high quality video, animation, web).  

Glad to be doing this with you all!

I'm starting my first Whole30. I started on November 1, so I'm on Day 3 now. I thought I had been handling things well until I just totally raged on my husband for coming home late (think PMS squared), so I figured some support was in order.

About me and why Whole30... I'm 34,happily married for nearly 10 years, & a mom of a 1 year old. I chose to do this because I have PCOS. I read a success story of how starting to follow the Whole9 lifestyle helped turn life around for a PCOS'er, and hubby has wanted to do this for some time. We decided it was time to make a change, and we finally agreed on the method. We're both 350+ lbs, and we didn't get here without unhealthy habits and relationships with food. This is going to be a huge challenge, but we're up for it. It took 7 years for me to get pregnant with my son, and I don't want to wait another 7 years or risk not being able to have another child at all just because of my poor food choices. I'm doing this for me, for my husband and son, for the hope of my son's future brother or sister, and to be around long enough to enjoy a healthier life with all of them.

Jess C, you are doing well, hopefully your husband forgives you and you forgive yourself.  When quitting things the rages do happen, we just have to look past them at the goal which you seem to be doing.  

If you need to rage at someone yell at me *HUGGLES*

Just starting day 4 here (no desire to punch anyone in the face just yet LOL). Yesterday was better, headache not so bad and I felt happier. I struggled with my workout ( 30 minute DVD) but had lots of energy for my 2 hour dance class not sure why that was.

Breakfast was eggs with bacon and a banana

Lunch paleo chilli and baked sweet potato and a Sharon fruit

Dinner steak, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and kale

After dancing grapefruit and coconut milk.

Not so many cravings yesterday hope today's ok.

I fought the snack dragon today, exhausted but won at least. My depression has been rearing its ugly head the last couple of weeks, and is currently demanding snacks to be assuaged... Can't wait until the kill all the things stage NOT!

Day 4 had usual veg and eggs for breakfast, lettuce wraps for lunch, and my husband is cooking me garlic and lime fish with sweet potato wedges and asparagus for dinner at the moment.

Keep it up all of you!

Day 3 done.  I had a horrible headache all day but I'm not sure if it is Paleo related because I get migraines occasionally. 

Today I tried a recipe out of Mediterranean Paleo cookbook.  I tried their easy falafel, which is basically cauliflower fritters.  My husband can't stand cauliflower so I ended up eating most by myself.  It was ok but not great.  I can't say that I particularly like cauliflower either.  Roasted grated cauliflower is good for cauli-rice.

Otherwise made beef stew.  And de-skinned almonds in anticipation of making almond milk.

Well Day 4 is coming to a close here in Australia and so far I haven't actually punched anyone in the face, however I was quite stroppy with the hubby and kids tonight... helping my 7yo with his homework when he has no attention span whatsoever is not fun after a long day at work then cooking dinner!

Cravings wise today has been the worst too, with Melbourne Cup on here and all the lunch things going on in the office, I was glad I had taken a lovely lunch along with me and just tried to ignore the festivities! I was also training a girl at work who loved sweets and chocolate so snacked constantly and the smell was driving me insane..... oh dear.

Time for a nice herbal tea and off to bed - after I put some breakfast chilli in the slow cooker ;) Hopefully hubby will be able to finish off with some poached eggs for breakfast and let me have a sleep in, fingers crossed!

Hope you are all going well too, my sinuses are still loving this, I so want to jump on the scales though, just feel slimmer through the waist or something?!

Starting day 4 and feeling great. I'm particularly looking forward to my face clearing up...last month's birthday cake and ice cream has caused a terrible break out.

Looking ahead, I have two dinners out planned this month and I'm already getting worried. I didn't eat out on my first W30, so this will be a new challenge. I'm not a big fan of grilling wait staff about ingredients and cooking methods.

So awesome to see this group of November Whole30ers! What a great way to support and encourage each other when the rest of the world thinks we're a little crazy. 

I'm Keely and started Whole 30 yesterday, November 3rd. I'm excited and ready to do this. I own a business, just got married to my amazing husband, 3 kids (with 4 legs), just got my Masters degree, training for a marathon, travel all the time and oh yeah, we're also building a house. So, I have a little bit going on - all great things - but a little bit going on that's made our lives a bit crazy lately. I eat fairly clean so this should only be small adjustments for me. However, the most difficult will be no mexican food or the occasional bowl of ice cream that sends my stomach/digestive system in to a tizzy and knocks me off track so fast!

So, here's to an awesome November, all! Cheers!

Hey everyone. My name is Cheryl and I started my W30 Nov 1st. Doing well so far. I did a trial run in July for 26 days before my beach vacation began, but I didn't omit the stevia from my coffee nor did I get to reintroduce foods into my diet. This is day #4 without stevia and going strong.

My health is pretty good for 55 and after having a liver transplant in March of last year from a rare bile duct disease called PSC. My cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar are great. My BP could be better and I could stand to lose 20 lbs. My bones are on the brittle side thanks to meds, genetics and menopause. In fact, I am healing from a broken wrist now. I'm very active and love to ride my motorcycle and hike to waterfalls with my husband.

Got a LOT of cooking/cleaning/prepping done this past weekend. I love the hot plates, tried the golden cauliflower soup, and the mayo. I like mixing the mayo with balsamic vinegar for salad dressings.

Wishing everyone success to better quality of life!

I've seen several comments about having headaches. I have occasional headaches, too. I try to prevent and treat as naturally as possible. I have found peppermint essential oil to kill my headaches so quick! You can mix with a bit of coconut oil or not. But rub peppermint oil in to back of neck, temples, behind ears, wherever it feels good. I hope this can help!

Day 4 is here and I really just want to sleep today! Hopefully, drinking lots of water will help. I too have been using Peppermint oil for the headaches.

I am really missing chewing gum today, but I guess by this time next week, I will have broken the gum habit! 

How is everyone else doing? 

PS: I took my hideous before pictures yesterday. That's motivation, I tell ya. 

Day 4 has started well.  I keep meaning to do my "before" pictures, but basically they're the exact same "before" pictures as last year because this summer I put the 20 lbs back on that I had lost.  Which is embarrassing because when I went to the gym the other day for the first time in months, I grabbed the workout clothes that I had bought myself as a reward at the end of a series of successful whole30s.  Talk about trying to squeeze myself into a bunch of lycra!  Wasn't going to happen, but boy did it show me how I had backtracked.  That's the hideous picture I should take!

I am so motivated to finish this whole30 successfully!

Starting today, November 4th!! I attempted a Whole30 last month but caved to some m&ms about a week in.... Alas! I've decided that the lack of accountability lead to the sugar dragon taking over. So this time around, I plan on adding a post to this lovely forum daily, I subscribed to the newsletter, and I taped a calendar to my fridge to X off every day that achieve Whole30 goodness. I do plan on "cheating" for Thanksgiving - not wanting/or intending to dive off the deep end, but I will be eating a reasonably sized serving of sweet potatoes with marshmallows as dessert. I might also have a glass of wine. However, black friday I will go back to treating my body like a queen! Good luck everyone!!     

Archived