Roll call: November Whole30s!

ladybugger14

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, my name is Jo I live in Ireland and I am on day 2 of my 2nd whole 30. I only finished my 1st one in September but I quickly fell to the sugar cravings and went totally bonkers this past few weeks,totally binging out on anything sweet. Now the thing is when I completed whole 30 number 1 I felt like I was 18 again (I am 38). The energy I had, the amazing sleep, no headaches,no stiffness (I have rheumatoid arthritis,the best form I've ever been in and no foggy brain, so the question I have is WHY did I go back on the sugar??????? So from feeling 100% I felt myself slipping down to 90 then 80 until I was at about 55% and because I have had a glimmer of what 100% feels like I knew what I had to do, get back on the whole 30 and try again to slay the sugar dragon and I mean slay it this time not just put it to sleep. Hope to find lots of whole30 buddies this time cause didn't really have that support last time and think it will make it all the more enjoyable.xx

KayKay - That is amazing! Oh how I was my in laws would be open to eating better. I do have friends that I've told about Whole30 and are really excited. It's always fun to share this with others who are willing to listen! 

Angledge - I personally think you should put yourself first in this situation. We too often DON'T do that....which is how we all get unhealthy, extra pounds, and have to deal with the sugar cravings in the first place, right?! Your house guest will understand. I agree that it's great chat time or maybe you can even get your guest involved and help. Good luck!

Hi everyone! Day 5 is done. I did crossfit for the first time and i was the only female in the class which at first was a little intimidating:) But I did it and really enjoyed it. I am not going all out this month with; two days a week and then whatever I feel like doing. I used to feel obligated to workout but I am trying to let go of that mentality. I am just trying to do what makes me happy and let everything fall into place. I have learned that I need a big breakfast to set me up with the day...and if I am eating eggs I need a little meat with it. I used to have small breakfasts and count calories and use coffee/tea to make it through the day. I was always tired!! I tried whole30 and made it to day 8...those eight days were horrible! I was not sleeping and so bloated!!!! But after that I used that time to get my body used to this way of eating so when I officially started on Monday it didnt feel that different except for my coffee/tea which I love and thought I couldnt live without:) But when I really thought about, THAT was what I couldnt live without? Kind of a reality check...

P.s. probiotics have made a HUGE difference for me. I used to always feel bloated even before whole30 but now, nothing. Keep going everyone...we all can do this!

Anyone else worried about the weekend?  Its pretty easy during the week, when you have very structured days.  This is my first weekend on Whole30 and I am visiting my in-laws tomorrow.  I will bring my own food, as my mom-in-law (whom I love!) just doesn't get it.  Day 5 is going well, but the thought of starting over again is depressing.

So, when do you start sleeping normally again? Just wondering!

I didn't realise what a grazer I have turned in to!  Now 3 meals a day feels great, :D and I don't mindlessly eat at my computer station any more, big win.

Praxisproject, I am dying at your dream.  That is too funny!

Angledge, could you please share your mama's spaghetti sauce recipe? I have never prepared spaghetti squash either so any tips would be appreciate.  And, I say take care of your self and your partner by prepping tomorow.  Maybe get up a little early to get rolling.  YOU DESRVE THIS.  Your house guest will be fine. Who knows.  Her or she may even jump in :)

Day 7 almost done.  The weekends are hardest for me because I work graveyard shifts Fri Sat Sun and it gets really tempting to cheat at 3 a.m.  Today a client brought in cookies and cupcakes as a thank you; and someone brought pumpkin spice creamer for coffee.  I have not cheated, nor will I.  If you read my above post in which I told how I accidentally put on the workout clothes I had brought myself as a reward for reaching my goal weight last summer, you will understand that nothing keeps you on the straight and narrow like trying to squeeze a too big body into some spandex.  I threw all my too big clothes away last summer, so I really need to take this seriously until I can fit back into my workout clothes!

Today was eggs and sauteed mushrooms for breakfast; beef stew for lunch; and asparagus/bacon/spinach soup and beef stew for dinner.  Apple for snack.  No exercise today.

My team went to a new cupcake shop as a reward today. I looked at at the pretty cupcakes, ordered a black coffee, and wasn't tempted at all. And then two people told me the cupcakes weren't that great. Yay!

Tomorrow -- day 8! -- is a movie with the kids and their friends and then pizza, or in my case, another black coffee and then shredded chicken salad.

Today was another good day. Paleo pad Thai for lunch, yum! I think I only had two pieces of fruit today. Also I have noticed that now when I get hungry my blood sugar doesn't take a nosedive like it used to. That was no fun. I can actually ignore the hunger pangs if I don't have access to anything that is on-plan.

Saturday morning, the week end ! This is the crunch point for me, staying on the plan at the week end will be a turning point. I have not managed it for a while now ... I am going to take it an hour at the time. The headache is really gone away. Not much other aches and pains either, so that's good.

I wish a fabulous week end to all of us!

Day 8 just beginning here in the UK I didn't eat anywhere near enough calories yesterday. I can only eat soft food because of my jaw and even eating soup is painful so I had a banana for breakfast, soup at lunchtime and I went to my mums for dinner. She had cooked chicken breast and veggies I ate all the veg but only picked at the chicken. I had scrambled egg before bed. Dinner at mums was ok she had put Yorkshire puddings on my plate which I gave to my childrenand poured me a large glass of diet Pepsi which again the kids shared and I drank peppermint tea. Today I am going to concentrate on getting more calories so coconut milk with everything and maybe some cashew nut butter. The pain feels a little better today but the meds are working. I feel slimmer so theirs a bonus. Have a great day everyone.

Offically starting on Monday but I started 2 days ago as I felt I was ready. I'm generally healthy enough but I'd would like to loose a few pounds on the way. I made the olive oil mayo last night from the book, have to say it's soooook good! I'm also having only one coffee a day (before noon) with coconut milk and it's so creamy! Can't wait to experiment with all the other recipes and looking forward to engaging with everyone here. It's great to have such support :)

I'm in Ireland by the way :)

Good Morning Everyone!

It's Saturday morning of Day 7 and I'm feeling pretty great. As I mentioned previously, weekends are always the most difficult and tempting for me. But, last night was no big deal when I made the chicken, cauliflower, and veggie stir fry that I had planned and it was AMAZING. I'm still feeling motivated and determined to keep going. Yesterday, I experienced my first cravings. I just wanted anything sweet. I just shut my mind off and had to forget about it. Plus, we have NOTHING sweet in this entire house. I also had a great 6 mile run yesterday where I felt strong, fast, and didn't want to stop at the end of 6. I just love runs like that!!

Today my husband and I are headed to the city to go shopping for our new home. We're building a home so have a lot of stuff to pick out today. It's also going to be my first time eating out during this Whole30. It makes me a little nervous to eat out for the first time. Not because I'll be tempted to get something unhealthy but more because I'm afraid I'll order something that I THINK is compliant but really it's not because of hidden ingredients. I also plan to take food with me so that will be an option too. 

Anyways, stay strong all! I've seen so many of us say that weekends are the hardest. But we can do this. Get on this forum when you need strength, follow Whole30 on Instagram and Facebook so they are there every time you check it. We can do this!

Day 3 and still calm. Felt a little tired doing my 5 mile walk this morning but reasoned that I've burned all the free floating sugar and now must work a little harder for energy i.e.: fat.  Hoping special attention is paid to those nice juicy hip morsels.

My solution with struggling with the scale was to have my husband put it in the attic. I don't have problem with not measuring but I do grab a too tight (ok maybe its more like a what the heck are you thinking) pair of pants and try them on. I know from past experience that it will take about 2 weeks for me to see a difference but I try them on anyway. 

Cleaned out a shelf in my closet yesterday and getting rid of clutter really does help. Time to make room for and pull the winter stuff out for my own mini Christmas. Will finish it today.

Motivation is key and we have that in spades. As others have said: "We can do this!" Thank you for being here and allowing me to join in. 

Drat: Just read about no comparative measures.  That's ok, I got this.

Help! Looking for input. Don't ask how but somehow I thought potatoes were on the good, ok to eat list. So now I'm on day 8 and figured out I wasn't really compliant, even though I thought I was. So, do I need to start over? Or do I keep going since I did not cheat on my self? Today is my husband's birthday and I know if I have to start over I will end up completely falling off today. 

Frankie

Day 6 halfway done.  Our local grocery store had amazing sales on produce this week so I stocked up today.  I'm hoping the baby will allow me some time today to do some food prep.  We have friends coming over for dinner tonight but they are very aware of what we are doing with the Whole30.  They are bringing meat to grill and we are making sides so we can all eat together.  I'm glad we have friends who know how we are eating and still want to hang out with us :)  I bought my son one of the few Larabars that aren't compliant today and he handed half of it back to me.  The chocolate chips were staring me in the face but I managed to resist, wrap it back up, and save it for him for later.  

Did some food prep today, made tomato soup, lamb chilli and sunrise scramble from well fed 2. They are all soft so hopefully I can eat now. Pain meds are making me sleepy this evening they are kind of working I can tell when it's time to take them anyway.

Tonight we went to a firework display and I asked my husband to get me soda water with a slice of lime he got me lime cordial. It was the tiniest dash when i asked him why he had done that he said what I was doing was stupid and it didn't matter anyway. I drank it to keep the peace I will tag extra days on the end. My husband doesn't agree with paleo or whole 30, he is sat eating crisps (potato chips) as I type this. At least I know why I am doing this and have you all for support and my MFP friends.

Did some food prep today, made tomato soup, lamb chilli and sunrise scramble from well fed 2. They are all soft so hopefully I can eat now. Pain meds are making me sleepy this evening they are kind of working I can tell when it's time to take them anyway.

Tonight we went to a firework display and I asked my husband to get me soda water with a slice of lime he got me lime cordial. It was the tiniest dash when i asked him why he had done that he said what I was doing was stupid and it didn't matter anyway. I drank it to keep the peace I will tag extra days on the end. My husband doesn't agree with paleo or whole 30, he is sat eating crisps (potato chips) as I type this. At least I know why I am doing this and have you all for support and my MFP friends.

That's too bad he isn't supportive. Is it safe to say he's insecure about himself and projecting that by sabotaging you? Don't let him! Be strong. You're making the right choice for you! If he can't get on board, even as just a supporter, then it's his loss.

Sorry, but that really frustrates me. I hope he comes around. You have enough going on right now to deal with that on top!

*HUGGLES*

Day 7 coming to a close. Hubby has knee surgery yesterday and has to be on crutches with no weight bearing for 6 weeks. Things have been busy, busy, busy for me as a result! Still going strong, although a bit irritable and having really BAD right flank pain. Reduced me to tears this afternoon. So I laid down for a while and it improved. Praying it dosnt come back. Going to try Natural Calm tonight before bed. I have read som controversial stuff about it. Any thoughts?

Guest Becky1971

Hi everyone! I'm Becky from Oregon. 

I just finished It Starts With Food today, I have been making changes a long the way and it's been great! I'm starting my fully committed 30 days On Monday the 10th.

I have been eating a lot of restricted things due to food sensitivities and allergies and other health issues that have all came up in the last three years, after eating rather healthy (as much as one can with the restrictions I ended up haviing) for five years and losing 60 pounds I crashed and turned back to junk food, made my issues all even worse. My focus now is to not worry about the 20 plus I gained back, but just to really be and feel healthy again. I love that I am able to let go of counting calories, weighing, and measuring. I am thrilled to have new ideas of what to eat, and look forward to more.

Archived