Quiche with Sweet Potato crust

aubs0624

http://www.thefreckledfoodie.com/tomato-bacon-and-arugula-quiche-with-sweet-potato-crust/

Day 6 here! I'd like to try this recipe, but not sure if the sweet potato crust violates the spirit of the rules. The closest comparison I can think of is cauliflower pizza crust being out, but quiche is certainly not a no breaks food like pizza is for me.

I'd love to try something new, but don't want to break any rules, and will happily make it a frittata (one of my go to pre-whole30 clean out the fridge there's nothing in the house meals)! What do y'all think?

It this were mashed sweet potatoes with coconut flour or almond meal to make a "pastry-type" crust I would steer clear, but it looks like just shredded sweet potatoes. You can have that  :)

ps. I would draw the same line with "pizza" if you have smashed cauliflower with tomato sauce and oregano as a side dish, I wouldn't cry SWYPO, but cauliflower cooked and squeezed and mixed with egg and grain-free flour to make a "crust" would be SWYPO pizza.

Oooo, I have been looking to make this exact recipe, but it takes so long for breakfast. Please post and let us know how it turns out and if it is worth the time/effort!

Happy eating!

Archived