Eating the same things everyday?

Charlsye

Not sure which part of the forum to put this in.  Is it okay to eat the same things everyday (sometimes multiple times a day)?  For the most part, I try to switch it up at each meal but I definitely eat eggs and sweet potatoes every single day.  I have a three egg scramble for breakfast each morning and I'll sometimes have hard boiled eggs (two) with lunch.  As my favorite source of healthy carbs, I usually have sweet potatoes at least once day, sometimes twice.

Is this okay?  I vary everything else but these two are staples.  I just want to make sure that I'm not entering into "too much of a good thing" territory.

Thanks for your help

As a Newbie, it might work for a few days...but you will become bored  with the same two foods.   I wasn't much of chef when I started but I have added a new recipe at least 5 times a week.   It really makes it pleasant and enjoyable.   I think you'll want to break out of minimal cooking very soon.  :D 

Yeah, I definitely make a lot of recipes.  I tend to make two new recipes a week (I'm actually on day 28) so everything else I'm eating is definitely varied.  Even with the variation, I still tend to eat eggs and sweet potatoes at least once a day and I just wanted to make sure that that's okay moving forward.  As long as boredom is the only potential negative, that's fine with me.  But if there's a point where I could be over-eating these foods, I just want to be careful.

• Moderators

As long as you're getting a variety of other vegetables and meats as well, you're probably good. When you should be worried is if you find that you're having sweet potatoes so much that you're not getting a variety of other vegetables throughout the week, or having eggs so often you don't have a variety of other proteins throughout the week. 

Yeah, I definitely make a lot of recipes.  I tend to make two new recipes a week (I'm actually on day 28) so everything else I'm eating is definitely varied.  Even with the variation, I still tend to eat eggs and sweet potatoes at least once a day and I just wanted to make sure that that's okay moving forward.  As long as boredom is the only potential negative, that's fine with me.  But if there's a point where I could be over-eating these foods, I just want to be careful.

Are you a runner?  I think many runners use these same two foods for pre/post workout items.    

I eat the same breakfast (3 eggs, kale, sw pot, coconut butter) and lunch (big bucket of salad/veg, can tuna, 1/2 avocado) 95% of the time.  It makes life simpler.  I know that meal will keep me full until the next meal.  I like these meals.  I don't have to think about what to pack for work.  It takes enough effort to plan, shop for and cook a wide variety of dinners for the family each night so I really like not having to think about the other meals.  I have been working at this since 4/1/13 and have had these same meals since the beginning.  And I'm not bored, yet.  Everyone is different, though, so do what's right for you.

I am a creature of habit. I have been having scotch eggs with carrot slices and nut butter for breakfast since mid 2013, and frittata for lunch (with varying protein and veges) since August? or so? 

Works for me. I get the certainty of knowing that they will fill me up, I don't have to cook often, and I get variety with dinner.

Archived