Where do you get ox bile digestive enzymes and kombucha?

Marti

I'd like to get a headstart instead of waiting a week to get these in the mail.  Are these common enough to find them in a health food store?  I live in a small town but there is a small health food store.  And if you order them online, where?

• Moderators

Not sure about the ox bile digestive enzymes. My local health food store carries kombucha, but you can also google GT's kombucha and they have a Locate button to show what stores carry their product -- you might be able to find something near you that way. GT's is probably the biggest national brand, and as far as I know, all their varieties are compliant.

• Administrators

If you're interested in kombucha and want to save yourself a lot of money, start making your own! I have a post on my blog that outlines the process from scoby procurement to brewing to consumption! It's extremely easy!

http://fittyvsfatty.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/home-brewing-kombucha-you-should-do-it/

Never heard of ox-bile digestive enzymes, sorry!

Thanks for the link ladyshanny.  From reading here, I gathered that kombucha was a drink but I didn't know it was fermented tea.  Sweeteners bother me so I guess I won't do that for awhile.

I also read about ox bile digestive enzymes here too and am not really sure what they are either except they are recommended for people without gallbladder.

• Moderators

Digestive enzymes in general are recommended to people who have trouble digesting fat and protein. I'm not really sure about the ox bile part. But, my guess is if you call or go by your local health food store, they can tell you what they have. Do check the ingredients and make sure they don't contain anything off plan like soy, carrageenan, or sweeteners.

If you were looking at kombucha as a source of probiotics, there are other options. you can take probiotic pills (again, watch for off plan ingredients). Or there are fermented foods like sauerkraut, kimchi, and fermented pickles. Look for versions of these items that are in the refrigerated section and that say they have live active cultures. Bubbies is a brand that makes pickles and sauerkraut, and Wild Brine makes sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, and I think salsa. For both those brands, check the labels -- some varieties are compliant, but some aren't. There are probably other brands as well, those are just two that I'm familiar with.

Archived