reintro two groups at once or end whole30 a day early?

jais

My whole 30 ends the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. My absolute favorite meal of all time is that Friday, and includes corn and dairy. I am willing to eat whole30 compliant for Thanksgiving, but not on Friday. So, should I reintroduce dairy and grains on the same day, or do a whole29 so I can add just one group at a time? I know it will still break the reintro rules to have two groups on the same day that Fri, but this way I can still add gradually.

I haven't ever had any noticable gut issues, and my heritage (northern European) suggests I am probably correct in my feeling that dairy and I get along great. I have been off the SAD before when living abroad and did whole30 to eat healthier and help my husband ID his sensitivities (he has had gut issues). The program has really helped with my sugar addiction, though =)

I am also thinking that we should maybe do a second whole30 in January since I know the holidays will probably allow our old habits to slip back.

Will a modified reintro work, or should we just aim for a 2nd whole30 to reinforce new healthy habits and do a standard reintro then.

Also what about wine? It doesn't have a day, so is that up for whenever? We generally only drink on special occasions and socially once every several weeks.

The risk with intro-ing two things at once is that you end up feeling bad and don't know which of the two things were to blame. In this case, you wouldn't have enough time to clear that irritation out of your system before the second re-intro anyway, so I would just do your 30 days, then have the corn and dairy on Friday. If you feel terrible, go ahead and eat whole30 style until symptoms subside then try one at a time at that point.

Alcohol should get it's own day. Actually, I would separate red wine, white wine, hard liquor, beer--whatever you like to drink. In this case I wouldn't plan a day to have red wine with every meal  :o . I would just wait until the occasion comes up where I wanted a glass of wine. I would avoid introducing anything else new on that day and then pay attention to the effects. 

Thanks, that is what I was leaning toward. If I feel bad after the meal, I think it is still worth it. I'm probably going to need to do another whole30 in January to detox from holiday sugar so I'll retro more carefully then if needed.

Archived