Compliant Deli Turkey

laurenjessany

I've seen a bunch of Whole30 recipes on line that include compliant deli turkey - it would be SUCH a huge help to have access to a protein that doesn't require preparation.  Any recommendations for brands or stores with compliant turkey?  I live in San Francisco, and would be happy to order online if need be.

• Moderators

ingredients vary by region even in national brands, so I'm afraid you will have to read labels until you find one. One tip, though: the packaged turkey is more likely to be non-compliant (usually containing carrageenan). The turkey at the deli counter (even the same brand) might be ok. Ask the deli counter-person to let you read the ingredients on the big roasted breast they slice from. good luck!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Whole foods has roasted turkey breast at their salad bar.  The ingredients are listed as turkey, salt.  Its not sliced but rather cubed.  However, for the $ its actually cheaper than sliced packaged stuff (like Applegate, which isn't compliant anyway).  If you really wanted to be sure you can ask at the counter I guess.  

Archived