Post-WO ideas

AprilLynne

I have searched the boards for ideas and most consist of protein and some variation of sweet potatoes.  I REALLY don't like them. Especially cold.  Any ideas for a post-wo I can easily eat at the gym (I stay for a message and would get home to late for post-so benefit) that does not use sweet potatoes.  I am ok with pretty much any protein but tuna!

Thanks, April

Depending on the duration, frequency, and intensity of your workouts, the starchy veg may or may not be necessary.  You could try just the lean protein and see how you feel.  See if you can get through the next day's workout.  

That said, sweet potatoes aren't your only option.  How about white potatoes or winter squash?  Next best would be other root veggies like beets, parsnips, or carrots?

Best wishes to you!

The lean protein is by far the most important thing to get in asap because there is a window in which your muscles are more open to re-feeding from my understanding. I tend to make sure I get my protein right away and then have starchy vegetables in my meals following. And yes lots and lots of options other than sweet potatoes. 

Thanks! I figured there would be options to the sweet potatoes.....suggestions??

um, so far people have suggested white potatoes, winter squash, beets, parsnips, and carrots and plantains. Here's a list with a few more: http://www.balancedbites.com/PDFs/BOOK_EXTRAS/PracticalPaleo_GuidetoPaleoCarbs.pdf

ANY of those would work for a post-WO starchy carb.

Archived