Inspire Me!!! - TJ's first challenge

tj2650

Life is kinda boring and repetitive lately.. I am open to new techniques, new spice blends, etc. I want to learn how to do the chopped kitchen stuff.. Take what I have and make something magical... So link me up to your favourites and teach me where to go...

Ok, here's the challenge for today...

Ingredients available for use: Must use:

Freezer Marinated Steak (uncooked) - Note, the marinade is Whole30.. Think it has coconut aminos, garlic, ginger, etc.

Purple potatoes - only starch available - hubby would kill me if I didn't include a starch

At least one of these veggies:

Mushrooms

Zucchini

Frozen Broccoli Cauliflower blend

Peppers (red and Yellow)

Brussel Sprouts

Carrots

Onions

Also available to you is:

Almond Milk

Canned Whole Fat Coconut Milk

Apples

lemons

Limes

Oranges

Bananas

Salt

Pepper

Olive Oil

raisins

dried cranberries

coconut

cashews

pecans

Every possible herb and Spice you can think of

There are probably more ingredients... So let those creative Juices Flow!!

The challenge is, what is the best supper you can throw together that will transform the mandatory ingredients. 

Post Links.. Type out Recipes... Just go with it...

• Moderators

So, it's probably too late for tonight, but what I would do with all that is:

Grilled steak topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions

Roasted potatoes (you could also roast the carrots along with them)

and then add one or more of these:

Grilled zucchini slices (slice them long ways, toss with a bit of oil so they don't stick to the grill, put them on the grill for just a couple of minutes each side, just enough to get hot and have grill marks -- if you still need a bit of fat for the meal, drizzle with evoo before serving)

Roasted brussel sprouts (they use evoo for their oil, it's best not to cook with that -- you could use coconut oil, avocado oil, lard, ghee...)

broccoli-cauliflower soup (this recipe calls for fresh, but since it's pureed, I think frozen would work well. If you don't have as much broccoli & cauli as it calls for, just use less broth and maybe less garlic)

Archived