ring worm, meds, and reintroduction

Ok, so crazy enough I picked up ring worm somewhere, tried to self treat (oops), and ended up with enough spots for my MD to put me on a oral antifungal. I am on day 28, but my meds make me feel vomitous, so I am thinking I won't get a clear read if I introduce anything new. Should I just push out my whole30 to like a whole45?

Yeah--I actually haven't been around any new animals--my cats are 8 and have always been indoor only (and less then 3% of the human cases of ringworm are caused by cats--and its not really worms, its a fungus--silly names). 

I actually have NO idea where I picked it up--my best guess is actually that I got it from a client (I am a hair dresser) or from *cringe* a less then clean nail salon (not the same place as where I cut hair).  Funny thing is that all the homeopathic stuff I read it seems like the whole30 would be ideal for keeping fungus at bay--low sugar, etc. but it exploded, so my doc went nuclear and gave me the super strong stuff.  I am carrying on with plan until I finish the meds--lucky for me, most of my family is paleo--so even the holiday shouldn't be off plan.

Would you like to hear something bizarre?   

My cousin picked it up from a grocery cart in her hometown.  How did they know?   Because she never touches the cart with her hands, she always braces her wrists and forearms on the cart.   That's where it showed up on both arms and doc said someone who had it touched the cart and then she did.  It's quite catchy.   

You never know, could be most anywhere.  Now, she wipes her cart off with wipes left by the door or she uses the grocery store flyers left by the door.   She wraps them around the cart.  :D 

Ugh! It's like the whole world is out to get us ;-)

Don't eat any sushi,  Hanna.   :D    I just read an article about parasites and sushi.  :P  :lol:  Ringworms, tapeworms and parasites.  :o 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2768117/Sushi-lover-s-entire-body-left-riddled-tapeworm-parasites-eating-contaminated-sashimi.html

Archived