The end of snacking!!

Mich

So it seems that it's not sticking to Whole30 foods that's my biggest challenge but snacking. Just finishing Day3 and I have snacked on nuts everyday, usually mid afternoon but today in the evening as well.

I'm really keen to make changes so have decided from today I'll stop the snacking, I'm really intent on making changes. I'll up the protein intake for my lunch and add some carbs, i.e. sweet potato to make sure I'm really satisfied. Hopefully that will stop some of the mid afternoon snacking. I'll also make sure that I distract myself from snacking, i.e. get up and do something instead of continuing to sit in front of the tv when I'm bored.

Hopefully that will help.

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Moderators

Good for you! Another route is to ban snack foods and only eat complete meals - protein, fat, and veggies. I ate 5 to 6 times per day when I started eating the Whole30 way and took almost 2 years to work down to 3 meals. I was a bit slow. :)

I've been confused about when folks are eating these snack foods bc I thought that whole 30 mandated always putting together an actual meal. I have been following the approach of not letting myself be hungry, so if that comes up I eat a beef jerky and a few carrots (mini meal). Then, i make note of which meals werent satisfying and bref them up next time. What I've found is that that stopped happening by then end of the first week. It s the first time in my life that I've stopped being hungry between meals. Feels like a major breakthrough.

Bridgedurso, I bet it felt good. Thanks everyone for the advice. I still a bit uncomfortable eating that amount of fat and meat but I think I'll get used to it over time, I have probably been a little light on with the fat so will ramp it up.

Archived