Pretty Cool Journey!!!

mtnmama

So this is day 5 for me on my first Whole30 and I can proudly say so far so good!! It is pretty cool how everything is falling into place and how precisely the days have been following the timeline. The bad days were fortunately not too bad so far nobody is dead, although I did have it out with the hubs the other night when he was giving me a hard time for my dinner. Today I woke up feeling amazing. The first morning in a really long time that I actually felt rested and refreshed and clear headed!!! It was awesome. I don't know if I have lost any weight and I'm not really concerned with that but I am already feeling better and it is only day 5!

When I came into the office this morning there was tray of cookies sitting on the table and where I would have usually grabbed one immediately they didn't even phase me today! It just feels too good feeling good, so why sabatoge it? This weekend will be the real test for me. We just recently opened a cafe and I work there on weekends, yummy coffee drinks, really good donuts and bagels and my husband make a mean egg sandwich, guess I'll just have to do without the english muffin part. I can get through the morning but the weekends are usually when I take a break from cooking and everyone just sort of fends for themselves, I'll have to get more organized and concentious of what I'm doing and eating, but I have faith in myself. I've got this!!! Lucky for me my two kids are huge supporters!!!

My biggest hurdle of this whole program, which i have struggled with my whole life is I am not a huge veggie lover. I like the basics, onions, peppers, carrots, tomatoes, Kale has been a new discover for my but I like it raw, prefer that over spinach. Love sweet potatoes and just recently just discovered Butternut squash. The problem is that a lot of veggeis like kale, spinach, broccoli, etc, the green ones, leave me feeling bloated and constipated (sorry tmi) but when I'm trying to eat better and  I run into hurdles like that I'm not sure what to do?? Help...

• Moderators

For the bloating and other digestive issues, sometimes it helps to cook the vegetables rather than eating them raw. You might also try fermented foods (kombucha, sauerkraut, kimchi, for instance) or adding probiotic pills. Also, many people go through a period of feeling bloated in the first couple of weeks of their Whole30, it may resolve on its own. And if you're relying on nuts for a lot of your fat servings, those can also contribute to bloating for many people.

Also, be sure you're drinking enough water, sometimes that will help with the constipation. Aim for 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight -- so if you weigh 120 lbs, 60 oz of water.

Keep trying new vegetables, there are so many out there, you're bound to find more that you like. And if you try one and don't care for it, sometimes trying it prepared a different way can change that. My go-to method for cooking vegetables I've never tried before is roasting -- almost all of them seem to taste better that way to me.

Archived