Kelly Carries On

kelthevet

I finished my first Whole30 5 days ago on 11/11/2014.  I feel so much better compared to when I started. See the bottom of this post for links to my W30 log and success story.  The main difference is in my energy levels. Prior to Whole30, I was taking up to 2 hours from waking to being able to get up. Now I get out of bed within 30 minutes of waking and I have started exercising again. 

I have not started my reintroduction protocol yet, as I am in the midst of moving house. Once I'm settled into my new home in a month, I will look at bringing a few other things into my diet. Until then I will largely follow W30 eating with a few extras. Since finishing, I have tried some goat's cheese in an omelette at a cafe. Within 30 minutes I had to rush to the loo (TMI!). I'm not convinced the cheese was the only noncompliant ingredient and am willing to try it again another time. I've also had a couple of pieces of my homemade coconut and cacao rough that contains a little honey and organic peanut butter, and haven't had any issues with it, and no sign of my sugar dragon appearing - yay! 

I am tracking my food in a paper journal, but probably won't log everything on here at the moment. What I do want to do for the next 30 days is to focus on my sleep. I will turn all electronics off by 9.30pm at the latest, and lights out by 10- 10.30pm. I have 2 alarms set for the morning, 6am and 6.30am. Eventually I want to be rising at 6am daily and lights out by 10pm as this seems to help me sleep through the night. I also want to increase my exercise - next week I am aiming for 4 CrossFit sessions and a swim. This will not only help me sleep well, but also help me continue my weight loss (12 kg down, about 15kg to go).

This is to help keep me accountable!

My First Whole30 Log

A summary of my success in my Whole30

Day 30  Tuesday

TV off at 2110, quickly went into work to check on a patient, read a magazine, room v warm so AC on for 3hr timer, lights out 2230. I didn't wake up when the AC switched off - yay! - and I slept all night. 

Day 31 Wednesday 

Woken by the alarm at 0600, didn't get up until 0700. Feel good this morning.

Laptop off at 2135 (got distracted), lights out 2200.

Day 32 Thursday

Took a while to nod off last night (AC on timer again and wore eye mask), but awoke just before alarm at 0600 feeling refreshed and awake.

1830 CrossFit session.

TV off a little late (2140) but lights out by 2200. AC on and mask and fell asleep quickly.

Day 33 - Friday

Bit weary this morning but slept well. 5th day of 0600 alarm so probably why.

Very tired tonight, lights off before 2100, slept like a baby!

Day 34 - Saturday

I just had a thought that documenting my sleep will reveal what a boring life I lead, lol!

Given my very early night last night, I was wide awake at 0500.

0800 Crossfit.

Had a brunch of bacon, scrambled eggs, spinach, mushrooms and tomato at 1100. This was very filling. Aside from a bottle of Kombucha (delish) and a small 100g tub of cacao coconut yoghurt, I really wasn't hungry for the rest of the day. I forced myself to have a protein shake (whey protein, no issues afterwards) and an apple for dinner. This was unlike me not to be hungry.

Computer off at 2100, read a book, lights out at 2200.

Day 35 - Sunday

Slept really well last night, right up until the birds started chirping at 0500! I read for a bit and then let myself doze for a little longer.

I had a 30 minute nap at 1630 - tried to avoid it but gave in, annoyed with myself.

For the second day in a row, I wasn't hungry at dinner time, can't work out why. I did have a piece of coconut rough in the afternoon, but this wouldn't normally put me off dinner. I really forced myself to have a protein shake so I could have some sort of nutrients going in. Not sure what's going on there.

Computer off at 2120, read, lights out 2200. Took a while to nod off due to nap but persisted.

• 3 months later...

hello everyone! I ´m on day 65 of my whloe30 and I feel great!!! I ´d like to keep eating this way because it has helped me feel like never before. I ´ve always struggled with food and the way I looked. Since Whole30 My mood has changed enormously! Is it ok to continue??  Can I have a whole30 plan forever? 

Archived