Starting 11/15/14

Catwhisperer

Good Morning, everyone.  My name is Harriet, and I'm a 55 woman living in Upstate NY.  I've had a Fibromyalgia diagnosis for 20 years.  In addition, I'm a classic Syndrome X:  Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, High Cholesterol.  I'm about 90lbs overweight, and carry it ALL in my midsection.  I've had a number of extremely stressful experiences that have left me with a mild-moderate case of PTSD, starting in childhood.  Yes, I'm a mess.  I take a variety of medications for depression, fibromyalgia, etc.  

However, one thing I've never lost is hope.  

My goal is to fix my body, and fix my life.  I have always believed that everything is reversible.  I believe in the body's incredible ability to heal itself.  

A little history.  I was recently on Weight Watchers for about 1.5 years.  I lost 40 lbs in the first 20 weeks, and then ground to an absolute standstill.  Nothing I could do would budge the weight.  So I left there and starting doing some experimentation.  I started a very low/ketogenic diet and after the first two weeks, again, the scale would not budge.  It was then I started experiementing and realized I was eating way too much dairy.  

A friend had done Whole 30 about 6 months ago.  She got rid of her tendonitis, her unexplained but persistent muscle and joint pain, and went from being a painful mess to a runner.  I was sold.

It's taken me a few weeks to get to the point of starting this way of life.  While I've been getting geared up for it, I've also gotten my husband (who has ADD, anxiety and psoriasis) to agree to commit also.

Today is Day One.

Archived