Lost appetite in the evening

kelthevet

I finished my W30 with great success last week. My main goal was to increase energy levels and this morning I made it to the gym at 6am which is unheard of for me. I haven't started my proper reintroduction schedule yet, and am just carrying on eating in the W30 style for the next month, then I plan to challenge myself properly.

This evening is the 3rd night in a row where I have absolutely no appetite for meal 3. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Saturday my eating was a little out of whack as I had a big cooked brunch (bacon, eggs, spinach, mushroom, tomato) and didn't have a distinct Meal 1 + 2.

Sunday I ate normally - meal 1 = country captain chicken from Well Fed and extra veg, a kiwi fruit and black coffee

- meal 2 was 3 egg omelette with spinach and tomato and some mango. I also napped in the afternoon which isn't normal for me (but I have been making myself get up an hour earlier than usual each day).

Today I cut back a little on amounts/per meal, meal 1 was 1 fried egg, one rasher bacon, some sauté veg and 1/4 avocado and a protein shake post work out, and meal 2 was a smaller than normal country captain chicken and veg, and a few cherries. I haven't snacked. Its dinner time and I have no interest in eating yet again. I need to lose about 15 kg, so this lack of appetite is not like me! Saturday and sunday night I forced myself to have a protein shake for meal 3. 

I feel good otherwise, energetic, enjoying working out, happy to eat meals 1 and 2, getting through the work day with ease. I am like a new person when compared to my life pre-W30.

Any ideas? 

• Moderators

I'd say that after completing a W30 you're pretty safe in listening to your body. Eating fewer than three meals a day is not a crime. Eating only when genuinely hungry--once hormones are balanced--seems like a good way to live. I find that my hunger changes from day to day and more often than not a light day of eating is followed by a day of heavier eating, when I'm paying attention.

Weather changes can affect my appetite -- it got way cold here last week and that tends to make me feel less like eating. (at first --- I adjust and am back to lots of eating soon enough  :lol: )

You ain't just a woofin' there, Kirkor.  -26 below zero and wind chill factors will boost the old metabolism.

1655858_740964125928370_584837071_n.jpg?

Thanks for your comments. I'm still feeling the same way in the evenings but not too worried about it at this stage. One of the things I learnt during my Whole30 was about listening to my body - previously I don't think I knew what hunger was, if it was dinnertime, I ate. Now I am more attuned to what I need and what I don't. MeadowLily that photograph is incredible! The cold is definitely not my problem, it is heading towards summer here in Australia and was 35 deg C here today (not sure what that is in your terms). Never in my life have I seen snow like that! The only time I've ever seen it in my 33 years was when there was a light snowfall when I was on holidays in Toronto in 1992!

Thanks for your comments. I'm still feeling the same way in the evenings but not too worried about it at this stage. One of the things I learnt during my Whole30 was about listening to my body - previously I don't think I knew what hunger was, if it was dinnertime, I ate. Now I am more attuned to what I need and what I don't. MeadowLily that photograph is incredible! The cold is definitely not my problem, it is heading towards summer here in Australia and was 35 deg C here today (not sure what that is in your terms). Never in my life have I seen snow like that! The only time I've ever seen it in my 33 years was when there was a light snowfall when I was on holidays in Toronto in 1992!

US26287WindRiverLakeWest.jpg

Archived