Not loosing weight!

Holly18

Im on the second week of my whole 30 program. For the first few days i felt great, when day 6 arrived i started feeling dizzy, tired and nauseaus. Now i am feeling much better, but i do not feel like i am loosing weight, i cannot be 100% sure because as the program says im avoiding the balance. Any advice to why i am not loosing weight?

• Moderators

During my first Whole30 I was convinced I was gaining weight the entire time, until the last few days. I ended up losing. It's a 30 day program, not a 10-day program. It's not unusual to have days that you feel bloated or heavier than normal, especially early in the program as your body adjusts to this way of eating. Relax, and concentrate on making sure you are giving your body plenty of healthy, nourishing food, so that it can work at its very best.

Also, weight loss is not linear -- you don't lose x amount every day. Some days you lose a little, some days you gain a little -- it can be water retention, or inflammation, or just volume of food in that hasn't worked its way through the digestive system yet. It's almost certainly not fat. Try to relax and not worry about it.

If you felt dizzy, tired, and nauseous, you may not have been eating enough, many people don't. If you're still having issues with that, please post a few days' worth of what you're eating, how much water you're drinking, activity level, and sleep, and we may be able to help you pinpoint what's causing the issues.

I'm on day 25 and I seriously doubt I've lost much weight, if any, at all.  But this was about a lot more than "just" weight loss for me.  I'm hoping that as I adopt healthier eating habits over the long term, my weight will be easier to manage and/or I'll slowly lose a few pounds.  If I'd wanted simply to lose weight, I'd be severely limiting my food instead of trying to eat more.

Archived