Life After Whole30 - Gluten Free

JessicaThompson

I have completed a couple rounds of Whole30 since I was introduced to the program at the beginning of the summer. I try to make smart choices between Whole30s and to keep up as much of it as I can. On the rare occasion I eat pasta, would you recommend whole wheat pasta or gluten free pasta? I bought a package of gluten free pasta at the store and the only ingredients are %100 corn flour and water. Just wondering if I'd be better off going with wheat or corn flour. Thanks.

It really depends.  It depends on how your body reacts.  Regular pasta leaves a lump in my stomach for hours.  Whole wheat pasta is painful, and anything with corn is just very uncomfortable and explosive within the hour.  But this is me.  You will have your very own reactions and only you can deem weather the consequences are worth or not.

For me none of the above really work. For me Rice pasta is about the only one - and that one still give me issues - albeit minor ones.

The only true pasta I will eat is in the form of my MIL's homemade lasagna.  She only makes it special occasions.  Usually I will eat a small piece of it and accept the consequences.

You might want to make sure you eat organic corn. Most corn in the us has been genetically modified where they are injected with a toxin that creates a leaky gut in the insects that try to eat it. Unfortunately when we eat it, it causes leaky gut in us as well. You can't guarantee that your corn is GMO free so you may want to avoid it all together.

The problem with bad gluten is that it affects some people in their gut but others in their brain. The problem is you can't tell if it's inflaming your brain until you get an auto immune disease like MS, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's etc. All people with auto immune diseases have problems with gluten.

All people with auto immune diseases have problems with gluten.

Not accurate.  I am someone living with MS and I also happen to be diagnosed as gluten sensitive. I know plenty of other people living with MS who don't have a problem with gluten.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived