Nov 20 Start

clairezip

Hello, I've done 2 consecutive whole 30's and have never felt better.  I took a 10 day break where I ate 75% or more whole 30 but want to recommit to another 60 days, i've been trying to do mostly Whole 30 but finding a lot of old habits slipping back in.  I want to re-experience that clean eating, energy high, healthy feeling so I figure I need to recommit to this!   Anyone starting this week? 

Hi Honnete - yes let's keep each other on track.  I already bailed today and need to start tomorrow.  I've been struggling with depression this week (ran out of my supplements, diet changed back to crappy, etc) and have been doing depression eating - and I didn't think anyone was starting with me today so I wasn't keeping myself accountable.  But I feel like crap eating all the yucky stuff again and I miss feeling so good and healthy.  Yes let's do this!!  So you will be a day ahead of me :)  

Welcome Kirkor!  Way to go!  Is this your first whole30? 

nope - not day 1 in the bag yesterday unfortunately.  And there are some sandwiches in the fridge from supper last night that look so tempting this morning.  But I have to start sometime, or I'm not going to start.  

Honnete - you still here?  HOw was your first day? 

Hi Utahk - I'm glad you noticed a difference so quickly!  Is this your first whole 30? I can't believe how many things improved for me on my 2 back to back whole 30's.  I wrote a list of negative symptoms to start with - anything I perceived as a negative regular or semi-regular symptom and I can actually say that all of them went away in the 60 days.  That is why it is so frustrating to me that with 2 weeks off I'm finding it so hard to go back to this.  I am in a depressive episode right now but I know that even that will be fixed up by improving my eating.  I've done 98% whole 30 these past two days but haven't been a 'no slips, cheats or excuses' kind of mode yet.   Let's keep each other on track.  Yesterday I had one bite of a lefse (norweigan flat bread) and today I had cream in my tea.  But that's it - I am committing to all of you to have NO MORE SLIPS, TASTES or CHEATS for the next 30 days.  I felt too good to not keep at it! 

Calabash - I'm glad to see more people committing.  Is this your first whole 30?  I just know you are going to feel great doing it!  I'm so glad you are committing!  I don't know what inches I lost, but I know that my jeans which hurt to do up are too big on me now!  yay!   :D   

You each want to check in every day and let us know how you are doing?  

Hi I feel great! This is my first whole 30 and I would love to check in daily to keep me on track and honest. I Made it through day one without too much trouble. Can't believe you can actually survive without sugar and soda but I did it with the clear cut directions I found on the whole 30 site. I actually cooked too! For someone who specializes in take out that's a major accomplishment.

I do have a bit of a cold but don't think that will set me back. Are there any throat drops I can use on the whole 30 or maybe some type of tea to ease the sore throat and clear up some congestion in my head?

All Input would be greatly appreciated!

Let's rally and live another healthy day together! Don't give up and don't give in!

If you can stomach raw garlic - it really helps with colds.  Just chop up 1 clove 3-4 times/day and swallow it like little pills.  Or if you can find some oil of oregano, you can talk a couple of drops or put it in your salad or even on your feet - both of those things are anti-viral and anti-bacterial.  Gargle with salt water is always an old stand by that helps a lot.   If you are coughing - chop up an onion and leave it in your room while you sleep, takes the cough away, and you can try eucalyptus oil as well for that.  Though I personally find the onion more effective.  I know most of those are stinky options, but they really do work, in my opinion.  

Here's to a healthy day!!  I will not give up or give in today, that is my pledge to all of you!! 

Way to go cooking when you are used to take out!  I find having a few really good simple meals handy helped me to stay on track.  One of my easiest meals is whole 30 approved deli meat sauteed with a bunch of vegetables and oil and salt.  Very simple and very good.  You can change the flavour with spices - add cumin and chili powder for a mexican flare, or add salsa and top with quac at the end for  a mexican flare.  Or buy coconut aminos (like soy sauce, except approved whole 30) and have an asian flare.  

Hey clairezip

How is it going today. I got up with energy despite this dastardly cold. Will sure try some of your suggested remedies for this beast. I don't want to inadvertently mess up my whole 30 journey. I don't feel like going out today so I ordered online from pureindia website my ghee and coconut oil. Can't wait to get it! For breakfast I prepared the sweet potato hash I did not add an egg but may enjoy one later in the day. For lunch I have tuna and veggies planned. Sure wish I had an avocado available. May call a friend to pick one up for me. Don't want to be a germ machine in public. Too many immune sick people out there to worry about.

Do I need to worry that this seems like a whole lot more food than I am used to? I know eating crappy you eat less but usually for me it was one unhealthy meal a day with tons of junk food. The choices on this plan are seemingly endless.

Well gotta go but remember we want to be healthy more than we want to taste and regret any food out there that is not whole 30 approved.

Hi guys! 

I'm a Whole30 newbie and started my first one last Tuesday... I only managed to find the forum now and while I'm a few days ahead, as it's my first one I'm delighted to hear that there are some people going through this process with me.

To be honest, I found this forum because I really thought I was going to give up today... The headaches weren't as bad as I thought, but I did load up on avocados and vegetables on those days. I'm not sure what feelings have hit me that last two days, but they certainly haven't been physical.. I'm just really tired and extremely irritable!! Also, I feel really sorry for myself.. Rather than celebrating the fact that I'm FINALLY going to free myself from cravings and sugar addition, I am missing the food (and dare I admit it - the binges!) I know I feel immediately worse after eating chocolate and sugar in general, but there was something nurturing and comforting in tubs of ice cream and m&ms.

So instead of heading down to the supermarket, which i am incredibly tempted to do, I thought I'd find some people who may be going through what I am... Or else have some experience of this and can help me through it?! I'm sure it will pass - wouldn't it?!?!?

Even though I'm a newbie, and still haven't finished 'It Starts with Food' (the first few chapters scared me enough to start immediately!), and thanksgiving is around the corner, I'm really hoping the determination I had last week will return. I feel like I had more motivation and energy after my god-awful binge on Monday before I started.....

Anyway, hope we can all support each other through this.... Tomorrow I will be 1/5 of the way through and I need to keep focusing on that.

Sorry guys... yes. I am still here. Day? 4. I've been eating Paleo mostly on and off and feel so much better eating this way. If I don't eat after dinner I feel better in the morning too. Sometimes that means I go to bed at 7 pm to avoid eating... but whatever works,  How are you doing Claire?

Thanks so much Honnete - I'm still here. Clocking into Day 7 now and feeling really proud that I made it through the last few days! I know the hardest isn't over, but with every day done I feel better and stronger in my commitment! It's a good feeling!

I too was largely paleo before coming to this - but I think I was using Paleo to justify eating bread and pizza and cake!!! It was just a guilt-free way of having what I wanted... And even within Paleo, as I said in my previous post, I was bingeing on sugar and chocolate at least every week/10 days - part reward, part starvation!!!!

I agree with the early to bed trick - it really helps and it also means your getting more sleep! It's win-win, although it does require serious discipline!!!

I'd love to join in with the group. I am on day 21 of my first Whole 30 but I've already decided to do a 60-ish day program. I have such a horrible "addiction" to sugar and bingeing on goodies. I know that I would immediately return to my former way of eating so I'm hoping to stay on plan a little longer to try to really train myself not to rely on goodies.

Hi Everyone, I'm sorry I've been MIA!   

Sineadmom I'm glad you found us.  The first whole 30 has a time frame of a week or two where it is really hard, you feel very tired and grumpy about everything, but all I can say is IT IS WORTH IT!!! Push through.  Have you seen the whole30 timeline what to expect?  I'll find it and post it here. 

How is everyone else doing? 

My biggest temptation is the eggnog my husband keeps buying.  I so badly want to make a cup of coffee and pour some eggnog in.  

It's been hard having depression this go round, I'm so used to soothing my depression with sugar.  

Does anyone want to share some favourite recipes? 

Also you can sign up to get the replies in your email if you haven't done that. 

Honette - thanks for asking about me. 

WElcome heather.  Just before this whole 30 I did back to back whole 30's - I would say whole 60 except I had one glass of wine in between the two, so I can't say it was really whole 60. :)  I love it and felt so good.  I have more weight to lose and I want to keep my negative symptoms GONE so I'm sticking with a few more rounds of whole 30. 

If any of you are American and want tips for making it through Thanksgiving, I'd be happy to help as we had Canadian Thanksgiving during my two whole 30's. 

Archived