Maria's Whole30

mkarpova

Day 1

Breakfast: expresso with cashew milk froth, omelette with 2 eggs, handful of spinach, two cherry tomatoes

Lunch/Snack: kale chips (kale, sea salt, olive oil)

Snack: medium banana

Dinner: homemade crockpot chicken soup (chicken, potato, kale, carrot, spice), handful of raspberries and blueberries

Lots of water!

Day 2

Breakfast: americano, 2 hard boiled eggs, two half sour cucumbers, small banana

Lunch (late): homemade crockpot chicken soup

Snack: 1/2 clemintine, 1/2 mango

Dinner (late): hard boiled egg, small handful snow peas, 2 slices bacon, glass of orange juice

Lots of water/tea

• Moderators

Hi, Maria! I'm a little concerned that you may not be eating enough. I know sometimes people come to Whole30 from a background of counting calories and limiting their intake, but here, we want you to focus on eating plenty of healthy, nourishing food to ensure that your body has all the energy and nutrients it needs to function at its best. 

Please review the meal template and try to have three meals a day that fit the template. A serving of eggs is as many whole eggs as you can hold in your hand -- for most people that's 3-4 eggs. If you are hungry between meals and need to eat something, you'll have the best results if you have a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables. When you have fruit, you should have it with a meal, not on its own (this is addressed in this discussion, or google Whole30 fruit for more information).

(And just to be clear -- I'm not saying you've messed up your Whole30, just that I think you could make a few tweaks which might prevent you dealing with hunger or lack of energy down the road. Two days in, you're probably still in the new and exciting phase of this, but in a week or two, if you aren't getting enough food, it may catch up to you.)

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the info, especially the egg portions. I definitely didn't feel like I ate enough the first day. I'm trying to adjust to whole30, I just need some time to get it right. I will be making my meals bigger to stop snacking!

Day 3

Breakfast: bowl of beef bourguinon

Lunch: small bowl of beef bourguinon, fried potatoes, tomato onion salad (w salt, parsley, olive oil), kale salad

Dinner: tuna salad (canned tuna, avocado, cherry tomatoes, garlic, spices, olive oil), mango

Day 4

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, handful of snow peas, lots of green beans satayed, 2 guava fruit, glass of cashew milk

Lunch: tomato onion salad with parsley, salt and olive oil, small handful of nuts (Brazil, cashew and pine)

Dinner: beef burgundy stew, glass of orange juice, lots of water, chamomile tea

Day 5 (didn't have time to post yesterday)

Breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg, huge plate of steamed veggies, cup of butternut squash soup, tea, water, orange juice

Lunch: dragon fruit, 3 bacon slices, pine and pistachio nuts

Workout: crossfit :D mostly legs

Dinner: bowl of butternut squash, chicken breast cooked greek style, fruit (half dragon fruit, half mango, two guavas), roasted pumpkin seeds

Archived