New and starting Nov 23, 2014

Luv2camp

I used 1-2 teaspoons of Macadamia Nut oil in the beginning...with nutmeg, cinnamon or any spice you like.  Sometimes I added a dash of cayenne or black pepper, too.  

140x140macnutoil.gif

MacNut Oil has the ideal ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids. That is, 1:1 or equal amounts of each. That ratio is precisely what Mother Nature intended. Because of processed foods and vegetable oils, we are now bombarded with huge amounts of pro-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids and that imbalance aggravates inflammatory conditions like heart disease, arthritis and allergies. The healthiest people are those who have learned to balance the 6/3 ratio in their diets. MacNut Oil takes care of the balance of fatty acids by helping you lower the amount of Omega 6 and balancing it perfectly with Omega 3. 

Best of all, MacNut Oil has a smoke point of 410ºF. That is a big improvement over olive oil, which is best used cold. You can use MacNut Oil to cook, sauté, bake, stir fry or however you would want to use oil. There is no danger of those deadly trans fatty acids and free radicals forming as they can with other cooking oils. 

I still use MacNut in my one cup of coffee.  I've also added a teaspoon to my favorite tea in the afternoon.  After a short time, check out your elbows, arms,  and heels.  I apply directly to the face as barrier from the high winds/snow blasting against skin.... when I go outside.   

Welcome!! I am a big coffee and tea drinker but I like milk and sugar in mine. I use coconut milk or cream but mix it with the coffee in a blender. It makes it frothy and creamier. I have gotten used to it without sugar but somedays I do crave the sugar :) Also try drinking it black... I do that if I dont have access to the coconut milk. I never ever thought I could do it but I actually have enjoyed it. Before with milk or sugar, I immediately wanted another cup. But now, I can have one and be done. But make sure you eat first! If you were like me, I had coffee first thing but it suppresses your appetite and messes with blood sugar so you will end up hungrier later and that just throws your body off for the day. Sorry for the long answer but coffee is serious business :)

Hi, I'm starting a few days after you - Nov. 28. (I want to try my Paleo Pumpkin Pie recipe on Thanksgiving, LOL). I've been following a Paleo diet since June, but I still am having sinus issues and a chronic cough that I'm hoping to get rid of.

I'm also a big coffee and tea drinker (1-2 cups a day). I've found canned coconut milk to be an acceptable substitute for coffee creamer. I also love making Bulletproof-style coffee with ghee, though I'm considering removing ghee from my Whole30 diet since I know I'm sensitive to regular dairy, anyway...

Archived