Was on trackish!

Tanya K

I finished a whole 30 in September. Messed up royally the reintro! Know where I went wrong so that's ok. I'm on day 8 of second one and it's going along just fine, no issues, no withdrawals, none of the bad stuff thank goodness! But in fairness had been paleo during the weekdays and leaving treats to be had on the fri and sat. I felt the 'need' for another whole 30, felt I needed that focus again. This is something that I hadn't realised after finishing the first. The lack of attention that I actually gave to the quantities of protein, carbs, veg etc at each meal was making me extremely tired and down to be honest! I was not getting enough carbs! Was crying at the drop of a hat fro absolutely no reason! I felt as if I had the baby blues! I knew then that it was my food intake from reading posts here. So I upped my carbs at every meal. Felt better, but still lacked that sense of the 'straight and narrow', the discipline, the focus. It's actually really important. I read here once before that you learn something new with every whole 30 and it's true! I think I shall be readjusting my body a few times a year. I had thought I would never need to do another one, but I feel as if my body is craving it or something?? Anyway, enough rambling just happy to feel that I am truly on track again!

Your post resonates with me! I have completed two Whole30's over the past year and a half. I was seriously back sliding to SAD food the last part of the summer and into the fall. I knew I had to make some changes. I started a Whole30 for 14 days to get to Thanksgiving. I ate my traditional favorite foods without guilt. Today I'm living Whole30 for another 21 days until the next major holiday rolls in. I will stay fairly true to Whole30 while enjoying the next set of once a year foods. I've learned I feel so much better when I eat from the meal template. When I do not my skin, mood and body will suffer.  I can see now how off-roading should work. For special occasions - not for a bag of M&M's on a Monday.

Archived