Smallbutmighty's Whole 30 Log

smallbutmighty

Oh, GOALS. Yeah, I guess I should talk about goals.

I'm a healthy weight and have good numbers in all the areas that count, but I am a sugar fiend! It's embarrassing! I steal Halloween candy from my stepkids. I eat cookies for breakfast. There are days I consume no real food.

I am a fairly serious runner and love the feeling of being at race weight (about 5 - 10 pounds under my current weight) and being fit and fast. I want that feeling back! 

I also want to model decent nutrition for my stepdaughters. I don't want them absorbing awful eating habits from me and thinking it's OK just because I look healthy and fit. No self-respecting human being should eat the way that I do.

• Moderators

Your breakfast fell way short of what we ask you to eat - protein, veggies, and fat. The composition of lunch and dinner looks okay, but it is not clear if you ate enough overall. We recommend a lot more water than you drank --- 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight per day. Three glasses is not enough. 

Review the meal planning template to see what we recommend - http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Thanks, all.

I am going to have to build up to the water requirements--I really dislike the sloshy feeling of being full of water. My water glass is BIG, and I keep it full and drink when I'm thirsty.

Breakfast is going to be tricky for me. I work out in the morning at my workplace and then go straight to work, so breakfast needs to be portable and desk-friendly. In the past, I've grabbed pastries at the coffee bar because they're easy. As long as I can NOT do that, I think I'm on the right track. Finding the right go-to breakfast will likely take some experimenting. I'm not typically very hungry in the morning, and I dislike traditional breakfast foods like eggs. Tomorrow I'll likely have the leftover salmon from tonight's dinner.

I'm just realizing that sounded really defensive. I'm sorry! I know y'all are trying to be helpful. Thank you for that.

I got through a whole day with no added sugar or processed snacks, and that is freaking amazing! That literally has not happened in years, I'm telling you. And I felt pleasantly satisfied all day. I may not have hit the ideal minimums, but I ate real, good food and steered clear of the bad stuff, and I'd really like to focus on celebrating those wins.

I am a small person and a slow and picky eater. I basically have the palate of a four-year-old. So please be patient with me. I am going to give this thing the very best that I've got.

Archived