Starting December 1st

jessmfunk

Kellysensi -  I do believe W30 can be completed during the holidays but that might not be the best decision for everybody.  You have done great so far and I hope you feel good about your accomplishments.  As long as you don't have medical or psychological issues with a glass of wine and a few cookies, you should be fine. Part of improving our relationship with food is also figuring out what is right for each of us.  We have different bodies and different needs.  Enjoy your cookie experience with your boys

I still can't seem to follow the spirit of the W30.  Eating compliant foods is very easy for me.  I have been mostly Paleo since June.  However, I still have my demons - eating when not hungry, eating too much fruit, not following the template.  I don't need to drop weight but I greatly desire to change my relationship with food. I know exactly what I am doing wrong but I can't seem to get it right.  I guess the only thing I can do is to keep on trying.  I will not give up.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah,I used to have candy every afternoon and then a big bowl of ice cream (or a slice of cake, or 3-4 cookies) every night. Plus bagels in the morning, sugar-filled yogurt, Diet Coke five times a week...Since June I've been completely gluten-free, artificial sweetener-free, mostly dairy-free, and my only treats are a square of dark chocolate a few times a week and some sort of Paleo dessert twice a month. And I eat a ton of vegetables. So I feel really good about how far I've come. I know that a few extra treats around Christmas is not going to send me back to my old ways.

I'm hoping I can reintroduce avocados soon. When I started eating Paleo, I think I ate too many of them, and they started giving me severe stomach cramps. I eliminated them two months ago but plan to try them again after Christmas.

Keep on truckin', everyone!

Kellysensei,

You've made so many changes! Congrats! Enjoy your holidays! :)

I went 6 days without nuts then caved and had a bunch with fruit on Sunday and Monday. I've had an upset stomach and I've been itchy ever since. I think I just need to think of nuts the same way I think of gluten - not an option. When I found out I had celiac a year and 1/2 ago I did not think I'd be able to give gluten up, but I told myself I just needed to make it for 21 days. I did it and haven't had any gluten since (except by accident a couple of times and I was so sick!)! So if I can go from now until January 5th without nuts that will be 21 days. I'm doing it!

Hello everyone! I can't believe it took me this long to remember this awesome forum! 

This is my 4th Whole30 and it's been my easiest so far. I think it gets easier each time. On Sunday I made a big crockpot of NomNomPaleo's Slow Cooker Korean Short Ribs. Heaven. I love her food. 

I'm a runner and have been struggling with bonking 20 minutes into a run. Today I had a hard boiled egg, some sweet potatoes and a half mug of bone broth. It did the trick! I hope I've found the answer! 

We're into Tiger Blood week! How are you all doing? Again, so sorry I'm so late to the party, but I've been on board since December 1! 

Augie - I should probably join you on the no nuts.  I usually don't buy nuts because I have no control.  The only way I can eat nuts is in a salad (when out to eat) so that should probably be my new rule.  On Sunday, I went overboard on pistachios.   Nuts and I can not live in the same home.  Fruit is another food that is not my friend but I am not ready to give up everything.

Day 17 and no bad food or drink choices! And weirdly I'm not worrying about day 30 because I've already decided to do the January whole 30. (going back to the real world with no rules is actually stressful!!!!!)

Obsessed with pureed soup this time around (last night was nom nom paleo's cream of tomato)

discovered my digestive system HATES curry. ( a new, unwelcome development) praying its temporary....

Eyes are bright, mirror says some pounds are gone, I am DYING TO KNOW HOW MANY....

Hormones balancing! ( god bless whole 30 and bio identical progesterone)

Energy is better

But.STILL.zero. drive. to. work. out. :(

I need a whole 30 style exercise plan....

Any specific suggestions , or ideas on what that would include/ or what the program would look like???

Laurie - Yay! I'm glad I have someone joining me on the no nuts! Sometimes it's hard to stay away from them. I did ok today. The fruit is really hard too but I'm discovering that my stomach just doesn't like it. Sigh.

Bethann - The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson has a good exercise plan in it. He's all about not over exercising and he has a toning routine that takes maybe 15 minutes and you only do it a couple of times a week. It's the same exercises that Laurie mentioned (squats, pushups, etc). I've actually never done it because I'm recovering from ankle surgery, but as soon as I get the green light I totally will. It looks really sensible.

Augie - I am adding no fruit to my no nuts.  For both, my only exception will be in a salad outside of my home and I might not even do it - just giving myself the option.  I have eliminated fruit in the past and it must be done again.  The fruit is also hard on my stomach and I am disappointed in my lack of control.  For now, it must be all of nothing - and nothing is the healthy choice.  12/20/2014 is day 1 of no fruit.  I'm not sure what day I actually started the no nuts.

Bethann - Just get the body moving.  Start of slowly and don't worry about hard core exercises.  I do lots of walking and bodyweight exercises.  The exercise helps with my mental state.

Who is participating in the January W30?  There is a large group starting on January 1st.  I'll probably join that group - I imagine there will be lots of support and motivation..  Are people going to continue here or join another group?

Laurie - I'm glad you're joining me on the no fruit thing. I did have a little bit of banana today. I woke up really ill this morning and that has been the only thing I've eaten today besides bone broth. I'm planning on starting my second whole 30 on December 31st and I'll probably jump to the January 1st group. I'm planning on doing AIP and no fruit. Ha. I need to come up with some strategies so I don't eat fruit and nuts. Usually it happens in the evening after my last meal. Sometimes I'm just "snacky" but sometimes I'm just hungry, maybe veggies and guac would be a better option on those occasions. Would you be willing to do some kind of no fruit/nut goal together? I think the extra accountability might help me.

Augie - yes, let's work together on the no fruit and nuts.  We can be accountability buddies.  I can give you my email address; I am not on facebook .  We can also communicate  any way that you find helpful.  I need to buy fruit for my boyfriend.  I am not looking forward to having fruit in my apartment.  I am not tempted by  junk (I can't eat gluten) but the fruit "talks" to me.  I just joined the January 1 group.  Hope you will also join that group.

How is everyone else doing?

Archived