Marianne's 1st Whole30 11/25 Start

mlevy0715

Today was Day 1. It was surprisingly easier than I thought. I know there will be harder days ahead, so I'll take this one.

Goals - lose weight, change my eating habits, tame the sugar dragon, improve relationship with food. I'm tired of unorganized eating, feeling guilty when I eat "bad" food.

B: black coffee, 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites scrambled. Used compliant coconut oil spray. Spaghetti squash.

Got hungry around 10am and was out running errands so had a Lara bar, then 10 almonds. Going to try to eliminate this snacking going forward.

L: plain burger and green salad with olive oil and vinegar.

D: chicken breast (which I made in my new sous vide for the first time!), baked sweet potato, 1/2 banana.

I've felt great all day, slight headache for most of the day but passed in the evening. Ready for a great nights sleep!

Day 2 went well. Stayed on track. So far I feel good. Energy level is even throughout the day. No headaches. I feel like I might be experiencing the kill all the things phase early, since I've had zero patience for my poor kids and husband the past 2 days, so hopefully that goes away soon. Today is Thanksgiving and I'm confident that I'll make it through the day. I'm so proud of myself for getting through the first 2 days despite some real temptations - I baked cupcakes with my kids yesterday and stayed 100% on track. Not even one little taste - just smells, cause smells are free :) hopefully this excitement will get me through the day. 

What I'm enjoying the most though is that I have don't have that inner dialogue before I'm about to eat something. The one that goes - I just want these oreos, it's no big deal, I'll just eat 2, ok 4, ok 6, but I deserve it, I'm tired, blah blah blah. Right now, it's either yes or now and that's it. I can eat it or I can't. It will make me feel good or it will feel bad. I can stay on Whole 30 and feel proud or I can cave and start over (hell no!). There's no room for negotiation and I'm liking that. 

Onward to a Thanksgiving Day 3! I'm thankful I started Whole30!

I made it through Thanksgiving! I never in a million years thought I'd make it through a family holiday gathering without a drink but I did it. And this morning I'm glad I did, no groggy feeling, since I always feel bad the next day, even after 1 glass of wine. I had 2 meals and both were compliant. My mother in law thankfully makes a very plain sweet potato casserole. It's just mashed/whipped sweet potato with no butter or sugar. She did add marshmallows to the top, but I just made sure to get sweet potato from the  bottom. So I had turkey, sweet potato, and salad. I brought my own Tessemae dressing for the salad. Second stop was my mom's house. My mom made filet this year in addition to some turkey, so I had an amazing meal at her house - filet and salad. She had put out a lot of cheese, crackers, hummus, etc which is always so tempting to me. She had also put out some guacamole. I read the label and it was compliant so I cut up some cucumber slices and snacked on that. I was so hungry so that helped tie me over until dinner was ready.

Feeling good so far. Haven't exercised yet so I'm looking forward to going for a run this weekend.

On to day 4!

Today is day 6. Past few days have been good. I feel good, not tigers blood good yet, but not bad. Sleeping well. It's becoming easier to pass up wine, non compliant food. No major cravings. I think I'm still riding the excitement that I'm actually doing this. I'm going to have to start digging into some recipes because I'm getting a little tired of eating the same foods. I'm hoping to get in my first workout today. I haven't worked out mostly because I've been busy with Thanksgiving and family in town, but also because I wanted to make sure I adjusted to the change in diet. We were on the road a lot yesterday so I had to use my purse stash and have a lara bar and a few almonds (portioned into a ziplock so I don't overeat) and an apple. I'll start tracking what I've been eating and post it at the end of today.

The past few days I've been away from home without food for lunch only the snacks in my purse. That's resulted in basically snacking away my lunch, which is not good.

Today:
B - black coffee, leftover chicken and vegetables

L - lara bar, almonds, pineapple, and apple with almond butter - all eaten between 11am-4pm while I was out running errands. not good, way too much fruit.

D - 4 slices of TJ's prosciutto and a bowl of homemade butternut squash soup.

I had some cravings today and never really felt satisfied. Probably because I didn't have a real meal with enough protein for lunch or enough green vegetables. The cravings weren't enough to want to go off plan, but I just never felt satisfied or settled. I'm planning out tomorrow's meals so that I hopefully have a better day.

Day 7:

B - 1 egg + 3 whites scrambled, 1/2 banana, asparagus, 1/2 avocado

L - 1 1/2 compliant sausage over green salad, oil + vinegar, and a bowl of compliant homemade butternut squash soup

Snack - 1 apple with almond butter, lara bar  :unsure:

D - shrimp sauteed in olive oil, lemon and ghee with green and red peppers

Day 10. Still going strong. The past few days my eating was compliant, but not really organized into meals the way I would have liked.

B - 1 egg + 3 whites scrambled, sweet potato, 1/2 banana

snack - apple

L - trader Joe's langostinos and zuccchini sauted in olive oil, ghee, and lemon

D - burger patty and green salad with oil + vinegar

• 2 weeks later...

Archived