Introducing Myself - DAY 3 (intro and snack idea question)

MartialArtsMama

Hi all,

This is my 3rd day on the Whole 30 and I'm enjoying it so far.  I joined for a few reasons. (1)  I have an autoimmune disease (vitiligo) and am trying this dietary change with the hope that it the answer.  (2)  I suffer from much digestive distress (IBS, bloating, huge stomach distention by the end of the day).  (3)  Trying to lose a few post partum lbs.  Would love to lose a few lbs as a nice side effect.

Wish me LUCK!

Oh quick question:  I'm going to an amusement park and wanted to see if you guys had any good portable food advice aside from hard boiled eggs, sweet potatoes, larabars. Thank you!

How long will you be at the amusement park...are you traveling there over Thanksgiving?   Is this a weekend stay at the park or were you only going to be there a few hours at a time?    If it's an afternoon event, you can leave the Larabars at the store.   They're only for true emergencies.

My definition of a true emergency is being stranded on Donner's Pass in a raging blizzard.

• Moderators

You might find this pdf Whole30 Travel Guide useful, although obviously not all of it will apply.  If you can carry a cooler, you could take chicken or tuna salad -- even without a cooler, you could take tuna or salmon in a can or pouch. Carrots, celery, snap or snow peas, and jicama might all be good vegetable options, sliced. And if you can find some Wholly Guacamole in individual serving size containers, it makes a good fat source -- check the labels on it though, I've found some flavors that are compliant and some that aren't. You might also try googling Whole30 to go or Whole30 travel for more discussions that might be helpful.

Archived