Mo rothar féin

Derval

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling grand today, nice sunny day, got lots done, errands, housework & grocery shopping...and a little just for me purchase - a new mug for my herbal tea :)

054011_small.jpg

7.15am - scrambled egg with smoked salmon & spinach, black coffee

11am - another coffee

12.30pm - mofo salad eaten al fresco

veg - spinach, lambs lettuce, carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes

protein - chicken & some bacon bits I snaffled from the dinner

fats - hazlenut oil, mayo, malcona almonds, 2 baby avo's = too much?

+ balsamic, s&p

Absolutely delicous

55f869c4c23711e2bb4e22000aaa0771_6.jpg

4pm - bp decaff coffee

5pm - few carrots sticks + mayo

5.30pm - bolegnase, zoodles + parm

From 2 weeks of serious off-roading to 3 days of pretty damn clean eating with no(ish) snacks or fruit? Must say I'm pretty proud of myself :)

Omfg what a day I am having!!

7.15am - 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices proscioutto, 5 cherry toms

8.30am - Back to gym. upper body workout. I scaled back to 2 sets rather than 3 & boy did I feel it, I couldn't even finish some!

Then the day took a nose-dive :(

I went to the shopping centre, picked up some stuff, got back to the car & couldn't find my bunch of keys (car, house etc) :blink: The outside side pocket of my bag where I thought I had put them was unzipped. I just thought d'oh they must have fell out & was pretty sure I would see them on the ground once I re-traced my steps. No joy...asked at customer services desk(s), mall security etc..nada.

Re-traced and asked again & again, the panic growing....My parents -in-law live locally and have a spare house key but dh has the 2nd car key with him in work, and it doesn't even have the beeper to turn off the alarm...how the hell was I going to get the kids from

school??!!

Then my friend rang and cancelled our dinner date for tonight :( that I was really looking fwd to ;( Told her about the keys and she said "I'll pray to St. Anthony" I laughed and told her maybe he'd listen to her !(I'm atheist).

So I was just aout to give up & ring dh's dad to get spare house key off him (almost an hour after I'd first realised they were gone)

I was checking under other cars in the car park in case I had dropped them & a car had parked on top, when an elderly couple stopped to help. The lady said have you checked your bag - check it again. I was pissed off because I had already checked it twice - like completely emptied it out on the bonnet and then later at a cash desk - and felt the lining & shook it out.

But I did and they were in the pocket where I thought I had put them in the first place - the pocket that had been unzipped when I went to get them out to go home...

I burst out crying!

So relieved but completely FREAKED!

11am - came home & have a coffee - with milk!- and a cocoa orange nak'd bar. Bad "I deserve a treat after that!" mentality :rolleyes:

12.30pm - So as I'm not going out for dinner I was a bit stumped. I had some bolegnase saved from yesterday for my lunch so I'll have that for dinner. Raided the fridge and put together a entermeze plate :) The ramekin is chimichuri mayo, also had a raw carrot.

a3dd4324c2d411e2928022000a9f3c6c_6.jpg

5.30pm - I'll have zoodles & bolegnase, instead of a 3 course meal with wine, wah wah wah.... :( but at least it will help with post-holiday weight-loss. Was very happy to step on scales this morning to have lost 4.2 lbs since Sunday, only 1lb up since pre-hols now.

Hopefully the rest of the day will be uneventful!

That mug is so cute! I bet it makes the tea taste better :)

I understand completely how the key fiasco would have felt. I have done the exact same thing before - with keys, my phone and even the blood test request form for the test I HAD to do before being allowed to start my eczema medication. Thank the flying spaghetti monster (or should that be the flying zoodle monster?) that the outcome was good :)

argh! so much stress! I'm sorry. :o Reminds me of that time I lost my car at the Mall of America...I was positive it was on a certain floor of the parking garage, so walked around and around and around (while cars slowly followed me, thinking I would get to my car and vacate a spot for them to park in). Of course in the end I was one floor down. Yay for vacation weight departing as quickly as it arrived! and also glad you found your keys... :blink:

What a day indeed! Glad everything has resolved after all. Uff. Nak'd bar was in order I say.

I had same thing with my passport half hour before check-in was closing. I was running in monstrous Shiphol, Amsterdam like a mad woman murmuring - please let me go hoooome :D It was in my bag, of course.

I wish I had lost them!

Just got home from St.James hospital following a horrible car accident. Thankfully we are all in one piece, my Xrays were clear. Very shook and face is so sore. Stolen car, I presume , as he ran off, crashed right in to us at great speed.

My teeth cut up the inside of my mouth pretty bad (impact with airbag) so very swollen - that's the sorest bit right now, but I'm sure my whole body will be aching tomorrow.

I have a photo, maybe I'll post it tomorrow.

The car is fooked, a write-off I say. I don't care though, I'm just so relieved we are not hurt or dead.

Oh Derv...that is the worst feeling! So glad you had a good outcome.

Love your mug. I gave 4 away to Jess when she moved into her new digs last week. Secretly, I wanted to need new ones. I want sweet ones like that. Must go shopping.

I wish I had lost them!

Just got home from St.James hospital following a horrible car accident. Thankfully we are all in one piece, my Xrays were clear. Very shook and face is so sore. Stolen car, I presume , as he ran off, crashed right in to us at great speed.

Woah...I was responding to your lost keys post. I didn't see the car accident. OMG...I am so glad all of you are okay. How frightening.

Well I'm out of bed after f all sleep (shut up brain, just shut up!!!). Just ate for the first time since my 12.30 lunch yesterday - mashed hb egg & mayo - my lips are so cut up & swollen :( and a coffee with lashing of coconut milk , drunk through a straw.

the body is stiff & sore, esp my neck, but the face is the most painful.

Hunkering down with family for a p.j & gratitude day.

Bit of a change from the last pic I posted :(

Yesterday evening

20130522_192927_zpse30267ce.jpg

and looking decidely worse this morning

20130523_092408_zpsd9161ee4.jpg

Oh well, I had no photo shoots scheduled for today anyway ;)

Here's to being ALIVE & unbroken. Have a great day everyone, cos you never know what nutjob is around the corner!

Archived