Mo rothar féin

Derval

Friday's Log

7.15 am - boiled egg, 2 slices Seranno ham, half an apple

9.15am - Chalean Extreme Lean Circuit 3, pws chicken mini fillet & a smear of pate

11.45am - coffee w' coconut milk

12.30pm - same as yesterday

3pm - some nuts & sultanas, tsp of coconut butter

5.45pm - zoodles with chicken, garden peas & (shopbought :o ) pesto

8.30 pm - going to a birthday party where I will partake of some booze

My friend and her husband are doing thier first w30 in October, considering doing another one too...I want to get the daily emails :)

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely Renee, I have heaps more energy during the day, and have got into a great habit of actually doing housework, always an issue for me.

good for you Derval, it's so satisfying when you can quantify something positive, especially when you've worked hard on something....

I'm on the other side of the fence when it comes to housework - I have never been formally diagnosed with OCD, but if things aren't 'just right'(which only means, exactly as "I" want/need them to be), then I knock myself out getting things in order. There's a definite balance in there, but I sway so far the other way, I don't give myself the opportunity to experience getting there. It's not fun way over on this side, I would never wish this on anyone!

Well it's a colour me red kinda day today :rolleyes:

8.30am - boiled egg, coffee with coconut milk, apple & almond butter

11am - low fat capp

12.30pm - fry at mother in law's - bacon,sausages, tomatoes, egg...all prob cooked in "vegetable oil"

5.30pm - honey glazed gammon, mixed veg w' butter, 2 small hassleback potatoes. 2 glasses red wine, handful of potato chips. Blueberries & coconut butter

I seem to be making up the my absteeming at the party last night. I got a mini bottle of wine at the bar (200mls? €5.50 :o ) and it wasn't very nice and it was a shocking price so I just drank water the rest of the night. But I still felt hungover this morning! - just from the alte night I guess (got to sleep at 1am, still got 7 hours, but I'm used to more!)

Dh did the Dublin half-marathon today - in 1:24:29 :o:wub: coming in 151st place out of 8000! And I was the one who started him running 3 years ago, he's left me in the dust :lol: I reckon it's all the paleo dinners I've been giving him ;) I asked him if he wanted to do a whole30 in ocotober with me, he declined.

Sunday 16/09

8.30am - boiled egg, coffee w'coconut milk, apple & almond butter

11am -

ouch ouch ouch

1pm - lunch out. Ds (9) had his first cross-country race of the season today (good result - 6th out of 26 and earned 16 league points for his A.C) and wanted to go out for lunch as a treat. We went to GBK, a nice burger place, I got a burger with streaky bacon & avocadeo, the bunless option of course! this came with a side-salad and ther "homeslaw" which was nice - fine red bcabbage with mustard vinagerette. There was probbaly some non-compliant ingredients in there somehere and I did steak 2 of the kids chunky chips.

6pm - Yummy dinner. Slow roasted shoulder of lamb, roasted celariac (a first for me, not a big hit with family) and brocolli (w'butter). Glass of red wine. I had the little lambies shin with the little hoof. I played chasing across the plate :D

6d06bdbc001f11e28dfe22000a1cfdcd_6.jpg5052529c002111e291e622000a1cd14c_6.jpg

Also whipped up this weeks mayo, and egg loaf for the weeks - 8 eggs, pork with sausage seasoning, sweet potato, zuch, and mushrooms

d1cffb92002811e2968922000a1cf73c_6.jpg

Dh did the Dublin half-marathon today - in 1:24:29 :o:wub: coming in 151st place out of 8000! And I was the one who started him running 3 years ago, he's left me in the dust :lol: I reckon it's all the paleo dinners I've been giving him ;) I asked him if he wanted to do a whole30 in ocotober with me, he declined.

I didn't see the DH part of the quote until you started talking about 'him' and then I had to re-read. I thought you had rocked a 1:24 half!

That is awesome he cranked out that time! Even crazier is the fact he was 151st... did the rest of the runners have motorized bikes for the race. Congrats to your man.

Howdy folks

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

9.15am - 5k run & foam rolling. No pws because my chicken had turned, bleurgh.

11am - cinnamon w' coconut milk

12.30pm - great salad - leftover roast lamb heated up, salad leaves, avo, cherry tomatoes, with shawarma mayo

66a9458800bb11e294a422000a1e8aa6_6.jpg

3pm - the rejects from kids lunchboxes - salmon & cucumber was not a hit!

c28e6c3a00d311e282fd22000a1e8a9e_6.jpg

6pm - Nom nom paleo green chicken - wow SO tasty, not strictly w30 as we can't get the red boat fish sauce over here. Avocado & sweet potato fries.

5981298400e811e2829522000a1de782_6.jpg

will have some berries & coconut butter later....

So far this morning I have (after normal school run stuff)

• Volunteered at school library
  • Cleaned bathroom
  • Hoovered all the upstairs, stairs & rugs downstairs
  • Mopped all the floors
  • Prepped dinner
  • Made a batch of beef jerky
  • Sorted out a donation to bring to a homeless charity tomorrow
  • And then sprayed the clean kitchen with coconut milk (lid not on shaker properly) :o

Paleo has given me so much energy!!!

Now I have almost 2 hours to relax before school run :)

Todays log - trying to stay as clean as possible this week coming up to the race

7.15am - egg loaf, black coffee

exercise rest day - but did all of the above!

11.30am - cinnamon coffee w' coconut milk

12.30pm - salad as yesterday , changed veg up a bit - had mangetout & cucumber today. Blueberries & coconut butter

3pm - few pieces of jerky, a clementine

5.45pm - Garlic balsamic pork tenderloin , sweet poattoes I roasted beside the meat, broc & mangetout (w' butter)

ha ha looking at this pic you'd think I have ginormo palms :lol:

1d74524a01b011e2b13b22000a1e9e60_6.jpg

Weds 19th

7.15am egg loaf & black coffee

11.30am low fat cappuccino & 70% truffle

1pm leftovers from last nights dinner plus some smoked salmon/avo/cucumber/mayo rollups

5.45 pm bolegnase with zoodles & spinach, bit of parm

Very busy morning and didn't get to go for a run but leg feeling twingey anyway.

Not such a good day :-/

7.15 am egg loaf & black coffee

9.30am great run :) 4k of the 5k race route and I managed do it at av pace of 5:36, which is what I'm hoping for on Sunday.

Then the day went downhill. A shocking visit to the ATM and a total freak out about how we are going to get to payday, AND dd 's birthday and party is on Saturday. I love being a sahm but I hate the constant money worries :(

So came home and sat on my ass and ate mediocre quality dar chocolate and coconut butter. And magically hundreds

9.30am great run :) 4k of the 5k race route and I managed do it at av pace of 5:36, which is what I'm hoping for on Sunday.

Then the day went downhill. A shocking visit to the ATM and a total freak out about how we are going to get to payday, AND dd 's birthday and party is on Saturday. I love being a sahm but I hate the constant money worries :(

So came home and sat on my ass and ate mediocre quality dar chocolate and coconut butter with my cinnamon coconut coffee And magically hundreds of euro appeared in my bank account. Not!!

Lunch was avo, sardines and kimchi.

After school came home and was so tightly wound I had another coffee with coconut milk this time with a dash of Tia Maria.

Only made me feel queasy. Or maybe it's the knot in my belly :(

Dinner was one

Was too fed

So came home and sat on my ass and ate mediocre quality dar chocolate and coconut butter with my cinnamon coconut coffee And magically hundreds of euro appeared in my bank account. Not!!

Lunch was avo, sardines and kimchi.

After school came home and was so tightly wound I had another coffee with coconut milk this time (the shame!) with a dash of Tia Maria.

Only made me feel queasy. Or maybe it's the knot in my belly :(

Dinner was one of my regulars, sweet potato and sausage hash but because I was having such a bad day I didn't go to the farther away supermarket and used sausages with rusk in. Boo.

Bookclub tonight but I've resolved not to drink. But that decision is wavering.

Urgh, my behaviour today is like the old me throwing food alcohol and coffee at my problems. Cop on Derval!

Derval,

Don't be too hard on yourself. You are post W30 - it's OK to have a little Tia Maria or even a glass of wine at the Book Club. Try to enjoy that time tonight with your friends. Tomorrow will be another day.

Ah thanks Homer, I'm not berating myself for having the non compliant stuff (I have enjoyed many off-road experiences since wrapping up my latest w30), more the spirit in which they were consumed.

Sorry to hear about the bad day, Derval :( Please don't be too hard on yourself though. I bet that pre-W30, you wouldn't have dealt with a bad day by eating coconut butter and dark chocolate, right? I know the spirit behind the off-roading wasn't ideal, but don't overlook the improvement in your choices either.

Fantastic job on the run!! That's such a strong pace and it sounds like it felt good too. You're totally going to rock the race on Sunday. I'm doing a 5K this weekend too, we'll have to compare notes :)

Hope today is a good one!

Archived