Mo rothar féin

Derval

Friday!

7.15am - 2 boiled eggs & 2 slices prosciutto, black coffee

9.30am - GYM

11.30am - cm coffee

12.30pm - mofo salad with pepper, salmon, avo, almonds, saurkraut

79d2b892829811e2ad5622000a1f98e5_6.jpg

3.30pm - shared snack with friend - did coconut flakes a la Well Fed but added almonds to the pan too and raisins after

5pm - cm decaff coffee

5.30 pm - green carbonara, tasted better than it look. Used parmesan in recipe

6864c212829811e2ba6922000a1fb733_6.jpg

Was peckish around 8pm, had 3 peices of jerky and a clementine

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope everyone is having a fun weekend :)

Today is my weigh-in day on this challenge I am on on another forum, so far after 2 weeks, a net gain of 0.2lbs, awesome :angry:

Anyway I decreed today my blow-out day so had more "treats" than usual

8.30am - fried up courgette & grated sweet potato and a bit of unripe avo, with "bacon" on top, It was actually this new ham I got nuked in the micro, super tasty!

bcdf0828831711e2bb0f22000a1fbc94_6.jpga0ae46be831711e2947622000a9e138b_6.jpg

9.30 workout Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack level 1

10.30 am - cm coffee & nakd bar (like lara bar)

db27ce26832811e29ca422000a1fb149_6.jpg

12.30pm - egg loaf, bit of avo, romesco sauce, saurkraut and my big crazy wild treat -a yogurt! I haven't had one since I "turned" Jan 2012! It was yummy, mild stomach pains after but just for a few mins, might have been due to fullness! I also had a mug of delicious lamb broth.

0e28f5c6833711e29c4c22000a9e0896_6.jpg

4pm - cm decaff & 3 strips jerky

5.45pm - pepper crusted pork belly (tesco finest) too much pepper! on roasted cabbage, followed by bowl of mixed frozen berries, heated, with coconut milk & flakes. 2 glass red wine (will have more I reckon)

5271ce6a835f11e2968922000a1fbe74_6.jpg

Your post is a brain teaser tonight. First I had to google cougette (sorry ppl english is not my native language)) and I just LOVE German. Read the name on the pack from 3d try. Fun.

No stress there, 0,2 lb is like what, half glass water? Salty snack late at night and here you go, some extra liquid. You know better than me. It's how girls brain work, scales switch off logical thinking. Blahblahblahhh

Can't post emoticons from Ipad. Insert the pink one here.

Evening peeps

Sunday synopsis :)

8.30 am - cm coffee, 2 boiled eggs, 4 pieces of "bacon" as yesterday

Dh was away all day at a half-marathon (pb of 82:16!) so I took kids to cinema & had lunch there

12.30 - low fat cappucino, pecan Nakd bar, M&S waldorf salad, beef jerky (brought in)

5.30pm - scored a great bargain - double pack of Honduran raw king prawns reduced to clear from €7.50 to €1.75! so made prawn egg foo yung with leftover cabbage from yesterday, spring onion & the prawns. Didn't get it out of the pan very smoothly! but tasted yummy.

5780195a842911e2aa2d22000a1f9a45_6.jpg

Am going to have a big mug of herbal tea and an apple & almond butter shortly.

I was listening to the latest Paleo Magazine podcast today and they made reference to this article

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kate-orazem/body-image-what-women-lose-in-the-fight-to-be-thin_b_2551124.html

This quote really amde me think "Oh for gods sake, would you cop yourslef on Derval"

Whole nations of women spend their hours not reading books or loving bands or making goddamn change but instead agonizing over the inches of a waist.

Great reality check article.

"I thought there was some secret knowledge that thinness would bring me, some magic in it that would make me more successful, more lovely, more loved. I never found it."

I also loved how Sarah and Jason talked about people are obsessed with just being "not fat" as an ultimate goal of millions some podcasts ago.

Have a good week.

Yep he's a straight shooter for sure, have you checked out eplifefit?

So no pics today, nothing really pic worthy....

7.15am - 2 boiled eggs, 4 slices blackforest "bacon", cm coffee

8.15am - GYM

10.30am - black coffee

12.30pm - salad leaves with zesty ranch,poached trout fillet, saurkraut & dollop of romesco sauce

3.30pm - made my first bulletproof coffee in blender and had that a :ph34r: tray of kale crisps.

5.30pm - lazy mammy dinner = sweet potato fries, ghee fried egg, 2 sausages

Fyi The Paleo Coach is now available on kindle

http://www.amazon.com/The-Paleo-Coach-Extraordinary-ebook/dp/B00BOZIXFY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362500703&sr=8-2

I could have done with Jason in the room today to stick his big paleo sword in the sugar dragon that came to visit :angry:

7.15am - 2 boiled eggs , 2 slices prosciutto, black coffee

10am - a clementine & some walnuts

11am - yoga class

12.30pm - egg loaf, saurkraut, half an avo, romesco sauce

Then I went a bit mad :rolleyes: and dug out a chocolate truffle I got free with my coffee on Sunday (hey I held out 2 days!) ....then I got a notion to make some treats....so I whizzed up the last of a bag of dates with some walnuts and coconut flakes - that didn't come together..so I added a banana. And now it was sloppy tasty gloop, so I put it in splodges on parchment & froze it. Too tasty! I had several

I went & read some of Jason's book - about how silly it was to put flavour above your goals....and then I had 2 more when got back from school run....and a 3rd coffee :o

5.30pm - dinner was good :)

Cumin & ghee roasted carrots, mixed green veg (which I dressed with butter, lemon juice & parm) and some yummy fork soft slow cooked lamb with lemon, garlic & rosemary

I've thrown back in the bone and topped the pot up with water and have it simmering for broth.

Plent of meat left for my lunch tomorrow

6e2c745c85bc11e2b20722000a1f97fa_6.jpg

Your meat always looks perfect. Drooldrooldrool. Webinar - cooking meat for dummies? I'd sign up.

What do people without slowcooker/crockpot do? Oven on low lets say 325(170) for several hours? Maybe use same paste for lamb chops and bake them in the oven? I would die if I waste a great piece of lamb.

Hope reptile is in for a short visit.

thanks for admiring my meat ;) Nadia,

this recipe works great in the oven with a hlaf leg of lamb, make appropriate subs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/slow_roast_leg_of_lamb_85170

If you just want to do chops, I would try this recipe, it turned out well for me

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3570/lamb-steaks-with-rosemary-sweet-potatoes

Just getting caught up. So fun to read several days in a row. Chuckled at your frozen sweets (dates + walnuts + coconut + banana).

I've got a box of chocolates that a neighbor gave me for Christmas. Too good to give away but I'm afraid to open the box (fortunately the whole thing is sealed).

There are days when it says (in the quietest voice) that just opening the box up and having one or two dark chocolate candies wouldn't be too bad. Fortunately I can reach for a square or two of my Lindt 90% to keep me in line.

Maybe do an easter egg hunt (for 1? ha ha) with your chocolates?

So today's log

7.15am - egg loaf, black coffee

8.30am - GYM

10am - cm coffee

12.30pm - leftover lamb & carrots, ghee fried egg

3b9d59ee865b11e2bd9022000a1fa522_6.jpg

2.30pm - low fat capp

3pm - 1 frozen banana yoke

5,45pm - roast chicken, which I did in the roasting tin with a bag of prepped cabbage & leeks, and chopped sweet potato. This veg was SO good! and a large glass of red wine...just because! Wednesday is the new Friday doncha know.

7d50f4a6868611e2b8e322000a1f97ed_6.jpg

Maybe do an easter egg hunt (for 1? ha ha) with your chocolates?

So today's log

7.15am - egg loaf, black coffee

8.30am - GYM

10am - cm coffee

12.30pm - leftover lamb & carrots, ghee fried egg

3b9d59ee865b11e2bd9022000a1fa522_6.jpg

2.30pm - low fat capp

3pm - 1 frozen banana yoke

5,45pm - roast chicken, which I did in the roasting tin with a bag of prepped cabbage & leeks, and chopped sweet potato. This veg was SO good! and a large glass of red wine...just because! Wednesday is the new Friday doncha know.

7d50f4a6868611e2b8e322000a1f97ed_6.jpg

Lol on the new Friday thing. What is a roasting tin and do I want one?

Susan, I was commenting from a few posts back.

I had posted about the box of chocolates that I'm resisting opening. Derval said I could do an Easter Egg Hunt for 1 (for myself) with the chocolates.

Except I did not think that our dear, kind, supportive Derval would suggest such a dangerous game! I suspect her evil twin is afoot....

Methinks a roasting tin is a roasting pan but that's just a guess. We'll see what our Irish friend says.

Terez

Archived