Mo rothar féin

Derval

It's $27 a week (don't know the conversion rates these days, or I would have done Derval speak) for one person. It would be $33 a week for a full share which I think is for two. I really didn't see much of a difference in the produce for the larger one. I get my first delivery on Thursday, so I will have a better idea of how much I get and is it worth the $$$. I feel like I pay more for organics at WF and the other local stores I go to. Don't know for sure yet though.

I'm surprised you don't have them there. I think our weather is similar. At least I know Portland is similar to Yorkshire. It is a shocking 78 degrees here today though...not a cloud in the sky. We get these teaser weeks and then we'll go back to 50s and rain rain rain.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right new week/month/start

and new baby! Congrats to M&D, I was thrilled to read their happy news.

Stepped on the scales this morning, omfg, horrendous, am now 10 full pounds above where I want to be ;( and I'm going on holidays in 5 weeks :unsure:

Back to good healthy ways today and hope the period & binge bloat will be gone asap.

Except for exercise I did well today - couldn't face working out today, but I did a fair heap of housework and started a new house-cleaning challenge

http://moneysavingmom.com/2013/04/30-day-house-cleaning-challenge-project-1.html

9am? (can't remember) our clocks changed yeserday so I'm all confused....

2 boiled eggs & ham the ham my dh bought yesterday had glucose syrup, dextrose *and* sugar in the ingredients! Practically candy!

apple & almond butter, black coffee.

11.30am - black coffee

1.30pm - Nadia's super yummy fisherman's eggs baked in my new Le Creusot ceramic dish :) added a side of spinach wilted in butter. Clementine after.

431057309ac911e2a67b22000a9f188a_6.jpg

4.30pm - some raisins

5.45pm - faux cous cous (cauli, raisins, pinenuts, shallots, garlic, cumin), Best ever chicken, cucumber salad

4b3318629aec11e2a9ed22000a1fb773_6.jpg

Clean day with tasty eats - hooray! What an irony I can't have those eggs :) I am glad everyone seems to like them.

I am so excited about the cleaning challenge. This website is exactly what I need. I've started my spring cleaning. I can't wrap my head around how much stuff I've managed to store in 1,5 years living here.

I did my first cleaning day. It's going to be fun to follow it every day. My apt stays pretty darn clean (no husband or kidlets to scatter things around), but I still hate cleaning day and since I am always wiping things down and straightening, it will be fun to just follow the plan. :D

I did my first cleaning day. It's going to be fun to follow it every day. My apt stays pretty darn clean (no husband or kidlets to scatter things around), but I still hate cleaning day and since I am always wiping things down and straightening, it will be fun to just follow the plan. :D

I should have remembered from last time I did one of her challenges to allow a days lapse, 9am EST is 2pm my time...I think...anyway...I need to know my daily challenge earlier in the day. I think it is based on the checklist sheet on the sign up page so I have a feeling today is bathroom - luckily I thoroughly did the bathroom yeserday - so that'll be easy :)

I should have remembered from last time I did one of her challenges to allow a days lapse, 9am EST is 2pm my time...I think...anyway...I need to know my daily challenge earlier in the day. I think it is based on the checklist sheet on the sign up page so I have a feeling today is bathroom - luckily I thoroughly did the bathroom yeserday - so that'll be easy

Splain the 2 day lapse Lucy. :) I go by the checklist on the spreadsheet. I like knowing ahead of time and I will probably make little adjustments and make notes as I go.

My first kombucha brew may be ready to bottle and flavor today. It seemed almost ready yesterday. Going to do gingerberry, gingerade and lemon something for the first round. I already have a baby scoby growing at the top of my batch. My big scoby decided to live at the bottom of the jar for whatever reason. :)

Splain the 2 day lapse Lucy. :) I go by the checklist on the spreadsheet. I like knowing ahead of time and I will probably make little adjustments and make notes as I go.

My first kombucha brew may be ready to bottle and flavor today. It seemed almost ready yesterday. Going to do gingerberry, gingerade and lemon something for the first round. I already have a baby scoby growing at the top of my batch. My big scoby decided to live at the bottom of the jar for whatever reason. :)

Sorry, I am referring to this, which she posts each day, same idea as checklist, just slightly expanded.

As I had already done the bathroom, I did a job on the wall behind the kitchen bins, which was covered in splatters (I suspect tea bags as the culprit) and washed the kitchen door which was sticky from little hands.

Food wise here's how the day went

8.30am - 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices serranno ham, tsp of mayo, black coffee

9.30am - JM shred & shed level 2 I threw in the towel at 17 mins :rolleyes: I just so friggin frustrated not being able to do the exercises, being interrupted multiple times (phonecalls, fighting children, crying child) ....tomorrow Jillian I promise!

10.30am - another black coffee

1pm - leftover "cous cous" with tin of sardines, half an avo, and leftover cucumber salad. Half an apple.

followed by another coffee - not a good idea, come 5.30pm I felt my nerves were fraught.

4pm - some almonds & raisins whilst artsing & craftsing with Lily :wub:

216710_10151480229058666_546603586_n.jpg

5.45pm - zoodles, bolegnase, other half of avo. Followed by pecan pie nakd bar while out for a walk on imagined necassary errand just to get out of the house :lol:

I still dont see where she talks about a two day lapse. Or do you mean because of the time difference.

I am going to time myself on the bathroom. I like the expanded daily version. I have a teeny bathroom attached to my bedroom. The little shower stall is the worst thing to scrub. Especially the glass door.

Todays log :)

8.30am - same as yesterday

9.30am - JM 6 week6pack level 1

12.45pm - mixed leaves with zesty ranch, smoked salmon, half an avo, some mayo. half an apple

4pm - a clementine

5pm - handful flaked almonds & raisins

5.30pm - pork tenderloin stuffed with sun dried tomato pesto, wrapped in bacon. roast baby potatoes, braised cabbage (nom nom paleo)

6eec32b69c7c11e289bf22000a1fa4a9_6.jpg

Feeling very stressed out - I do not fare well as a sahm when they are at home all day!

Another day winds to a close

I don't think I mentioned but 1 up-side of the easter school holidays is I've been getting lots of sleep ...and I do looove my sleep. Lily comes in at 7-ish but is happy to read beside me for a while after giving me my eye mask :) Then she goes down and gets her breakfast (still on cereal :rolleyes: ) and lets me sleep till 8.30, Alex gets up around that time = 10 hrs sleep!

8.30am - 2 boiled eggs + seranno ham, black coffee

10am - JM shred & shed, level 2

pwo - some of lunch!

12.30pm - leftovers from last nights dinner - pork, cabbage, potatoes. an apple.

2pm - banana + cm coffee

5.30pm - gyro burgers, sweet potato fries, cumin roasted carrots & zuchinni.

Another hard day down the mammy salt mines, jeez....but then pinterest threw me this link - serendipity!

http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.ie/2012/10/7-ways-to-get-your-day-back-on-track.html

and it helped...a bit anyway.

8.45am! crappy breakfast - 2 boiled eggs, cm coffee & banana

10am - JM 6 week 6 pack level 2

1pm - salad of mixed leaves, leftover veg from last nights dinner, avo, smoked salmon.zesty ranch. Fought (hard) the urge to ahve fruit after.

4pm - 2 slices proscioutto

5.30pm - zoodles & spinach. chicken cooked in sun dried tomato pesto. glass wine.

6.30pm - half a nakd bar, shared with Lily out on a little walk. Nice sunny evening.

Am cooking some sweet potato chips at the mo but they seem to have stuck to the tray :rolleyes: will see if I can rescue them. Will drink another glass of wine.

Thanks for the link! I have been a bit stressed lately feeling bad for not accomplishing much but today I just relaxed. I had one goal, to eat three healthy meals and that was it. As a result I had a great day with the family... We went fishing (well I read my book), played table tennis and spent the afternoon playing a board game. I did a few weights to make up for feeling lazy and declared the day a success!

On a different note, what can you tell me about zoodle peelers! I want to make some but not sure what I need?

Happy Saturday!

9am - 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices seranno ham, cm coffee

rest day from Jillian :)

11.30am - low fat cappucinno

1pm - Nadia's Fishermans eggs, small salad

6pm - Defrosted pack of prawns, couldn't decide which recipe to try so I made both :)

coconut shrimp (though my crust was all coconut as I didn't have almond flour)

0d5bf2b29ee211e29e7122000aaa0fd8_6.jpg

and grapefruit, avo, shrimp salad (adapted) - I just used Tessamaes as dressing

30f02f489edf11e2bd9a22000a9f14ba_6.jpg

Other paleo news - I went to a diff part of town today and was passing an ethnic grocers when I noticed some manky looking bananas - plantains!! whoop woop - got 2, only 80c!

I also found the Go! brand kombucha but it was so expensive - €6.89 , I was humming & haawing over it, but Lily needed the loo so I just left it...might go back....

Yay! Johnny's tostadas are faaaaantastic. Kb's recipe is awesome too. Can't wait to see your afterplantain post.

I think you could try and grow a scoby out of this expensive bottle. Mine if floating and waiting to be a big scoby momma soon.

Archived