Mo rothar féin

Derval

No he's saving himself up for the half, he has a mad fast target, 85 mins!

Yes my little bowl of stuff was way better, m&s had no strawberries left in the dine for 2 so I bought trifle, cos I don't really like it that much :D

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3pm - carrot sticks & cashew butter

I hadn't tried the raw fruit or veggies with any of the butters, but you mention it all the time in your posts, so I packed an apple and some macadamia butter in my lunch for school last week!! I figured it's a perfect item in a packed lunch. OMG, it was so good, I was moaning out load after each bite... I almost needed a ciggy afterwards, and I don't even smoke!

Good for you for getting out on a run!

No he's saving himself up for the half, he has a mad fast target, 85 mins!

:D

Your DH wants to run a half marathon in 85 minutes????? I hate him.... :blink: My goal for my next half is a sub 2:20. 2:00 would be awesome, but I'm just going to be reasonable and shoot for a sub 2:20. I cannot imagine running an 85 minute half marathon!!! Good for him! Though, when I look back at where I started-my first half marathon was 3:11 three years ago. My best half marathon this year was 2:20. I guess I've made some progress! But still, 85 minutes? He's FAST!

How was your run? I'm so excited for fall running-it's been a warm and humid summer here in NH and I'm ready for cooler, drier temps. Perfect running weather in my opinion!

Time to start cooking-we had a serious off-road meal full of pasta and cream sauce, followed by a decadent peach & blueberry cobbler with ice cream last night-I'll be pre-cooking and chopping vegetables as soon as I finish my workout. NO off-roading this week-back to school for me, so I need to be prepared!

Have a good week!

Colleen

I hadn't tried the raw fruit or veggies with any of the butters, but you mention it all the time in your posts, so I packed an apple and some macadamia butter in my lunch for school last week!! I figured it's a perfect item in a packed lunch. OMG, it was so good, I was moaning out load after each bite... I almost needed a ciggy afterwards, and I don't even smoke!

Good for you for getting out on a run!

Oh macadamia nut butter, would love to try it, never seen it over here...but I am trying to cut back on the daily nut buttering :) I even cancelled my subscribe & save from amazon!

Your DH wants to run a half marathon in 85 minutes????? I hate him.... :blink: My goal for my next half is a sub 2:20. 2:00 would be awesome, but I'm just going to be reasonable and shoot for a sub 2:20. I cannot imagine running an 85 minute half marathon!!! Good for him! Though, when I look back at where I started-my first half marathon was 3:11 three years ago. My best half marathon this year was 2:20. I guess I've made some progress! But still, 85 minutes? He's FAST!

How was your run? I'm so excited for fall running-it's been a warm and humid summer here in NH and I'm ready for cooler, drier temps. Perfect running weather in my opinion!

Time to start cooking-we had a serious off-road meal full of pasta and cream sauce, followed by a decadent peach & blueberry cobbler with ice cream last night-I'll be pre-cooking and chopping vegetables as soon as I finish my workout. NO off-roading this week-back to school for me, so I need to be prepared!

Have a good week!

Colleen

He is indeed speedy :) Imagine if he'd started running when he was younger! His younger brother is super fast too but has been running for a lot longer.

I'm pretty much over running, I'm just doing this training out of duty to ds, once the race is over I'll be putting my €110 :huh: trainers back in the box and concentrating on strength training.

Wow that was off-road :D I am nervous about trying stuff like that because either A) I'll feel lousy or B) I won't feel lousy & I'll want to do it again. I'm the same way about smoking..gave up in 2000 and haven't had one since.

So the low-down on today...

Exercise rest day, good thing too as my quads are aching from running yesterday! But we did spend 3.5 hours walking around Dublin Zoo, so plenty of gently exercise

9am - fried sweet potato slices & egg. Coffee w' coconut milk

b5b2cf90ef7811e18dc022000a1cdd2b_6.jpg

1pm - salad with avo & seranno ham, while watching the elephants :) And an apple

b0c6c388ef7811e1bfbf22000a1c91a7_6.jpg89ec9f9cef7a11e1904b22000a1cdc2a_6.jpg

4pm - coffee & 10g square of Lindt.

5.30 - Bah my photos didn't save :angry: Very tasty dinner. I made home made pesto (used parmesan so not w30) and had zoodles, spinach, leftover roast chicken & pesto. Yum yum. I saved the "jelly" from the roasting pan and used this to reheat the chicken and cook the zoodles in - super savoury.

Dh is talking of opening a bottle of wine... :ph34r:

Wow, your dh is super fast alright! Fair play to him! Dh aiming for 90 in the half this year.

Tasty sounding dinner you had`!

We were at the Tall Ships festival today. Very enjoyable. Also did the Viking Splash tour-tourists in our own city! Great fun :). Weather helped too!

Wow that was off-road :D I am nervous about trying stuff like that because either A) I'll feel lousy or B) I won't feel lousy & I'll want to do it again. I'm the same way about smoking..gave up in 2000 and haven't had one since.

I'm with you! I'm a Nervous Nelly when it comes to re-introduction of the evilness that got me into trouble in the first place....

Hey everybody (I'm Dr.Nick!)

9 am - spicy pork mince, baby button mushroms, spinach, fried egg

c1446824f01c11e19c2822000a1e8ab9_6.jpg

10am - Chalean Extreme lean circuit 1 - forgot to eat my pws!

12.30pm - big ass salad - leaves with beetroot, pumpkin seeds, hb egg, chicken (my pws), avo, cherry tomatoes. Some blueberries.

f320403ef03a11e1bde812313b08e061_6.jpg

I had a few macadamia nuts and a bit of kimchi over the course of the afternoon but kept busy - made crocpot of chicken stock/broth, a fresh batch of mayo (loving the new jar I bought for it, so cute) and brined & baked 2 weeks worth of pws chicken mini fillets

59f557c4f05c11e182fd22000a1e8a9e_6.jpg

6pm - sweet potato fries, meatza with broc & cheese. I must say I am enjoying re-introducing cheese like this, as part of a recipe. I had some extra broc leftover fromt he topping so tossed that with lemon, pinenuts and parmesan.

e95ff936f06711e1bcd822000a1d03a7_6.jpg

Well, the good news is that we haven't felt "lousy" after any off-road experiences, with the exception of our lost weekend after we finished the first whole30. We both had a food/booze hangover the day after we got back. While none of the off-roading seems to have really negative consequences, I have noticed that dairy (in the form of cheese or cream) seems to make me stuffy and congested the next day. The bread and pasta just makes me feel bloated. :wacko:

I've never felt so damn good after a radical change in my eating or after following a diet-and I love how I'm feeling and looking, so that has been tremendous motivation to get right back on track after any off-roading. I truly believe that we will continue to eat/live this way for the rest of our lives. Food is amazing medicine-and way less expensive than ineffective prescription drugs! I will continue to make good choices about what I'm putting into my body and I won't feel guilty if I choose to eat something less than perfect. I'll simply be aware of how I feel the next day and may choose to make a different choice in the future! It's all about being informed and I've never felt so darn smart about what I'm eating! :D

Time to pack my lunch for tomorrow. And iron my school clothes...summer is so much easier-way less ironing required!

Have a good week!

Colleen

Evening all, today report from sunny Dublin :)

8am - wah why did kids wake up so early, don't they know we've only 2 more days till back to school???

breakfast same as yesterday except my yolk split so I scrambled it in instead. Black coffee. Banana & hazlenut butter.

Exercise rest day

12pm - half an apple pie nak'd bar. Unwittingly re-introducing oats. Not mad on this variety. BTW Irish peeps buy one get one half price on everything in Holland & Barrett so good time to stock up.

1pm - chicken soup. I reserved the carrots, celery & some garlic from the stock I made yesterday, added some of the broth. I threw in a whole (frozen!) chicken breast in to the crockpot near the end of cooking. It came out tough as old boots! But was just about edible shredded up in the soup.

68b08d3ef10a11e1868c12313817a130_6.jpg

4pm - a treat of coconut, sultanas & 10g Lindt. This is such a yummy mix.....too yummy :ph34r:

5.30 pm - Moroccan meatballs and Cauliflower FousCous Pilaf - Well blow me over with a feather, everyone liked it! Well ds didn't like the cauli but he's had a dicky tummy earlier so I didn't push it. I thought the other two would be moaning but nope :D Dd helped make the meatballs which is usually a great way of getting her to eat something :lol: I also went pretty light on the spices so it was flavoursome but not spiced ifykim. I have spare sauce left over so have frozen it and it will do in the crockpot for another day I think.

p.s I had seconds of the pilaf :)

674a2130f12d11e193761231380459a1_6.jpg

Yay, mega success that they all liked the dinner Derval! A rare occurrence in my house anyway!

I don't like that Apple Pie Nakd bar either-the oats give it something of a wallpaper paste mouthfeel, don't they? Not that I've ever eaten wallpaper paste I hasten to add! The Ginger Bread and the Cashew ones are my faves. Thanks for the tip off re the deal in H+B at mo.

Thursday for school here too (phew! It's been lovely but I'm ready for routine in our house again!)

Last day of school holidays! Yeeeee-haw! I am so looking forward to getting my ME time back :)

8.30am - sweet potato fritter & crispy bacon. Black coffee

31f8aef8f1ae11e1ae9122000a1e9e21_6.jpg

10am - Chalean Extreme Lean Circuit 2, pws = chicken mini fillet

1pm - super yummy salad I subbed chevre for feta and pinenuts for walnuts. Just leave out cheese if still on w30. Followed by a small blood orange

f577c280f1cf11e1b70422000a1e9621_6.jpg

3.30pm - coffee w'coconut milk. Shared a pecan pie nak'd bar with friend

5.30 pm - you know it's near dh's pay day (and a 5 week month to boot) when I start having omelettes for dinner. sigh. But it was tasty - shallots, mushroom, seranno ham, bit of mature cheddar. Salad with same dressing as lunch.

a50cfc1af1f811e1a73722000a1e8a9f_6.jpg

Am going to have some fruit w'coconut milk now...

Back to school!!

7.15am :huh: So early!! - last weeks egg loaf from freezer

10.30 am - Did p.a duty at school - making coffee for "welcome back" coffee morning, run off our feet we were! Then in to the loo for a quick Wonder Woman change into my gear and off to the park for a run. Finding the running hard work after such a long break, hope it will get easier soon, less than 4 weeks to the race

4.74km run couldn't even finish my 5 and had to take a breather at 4km. Bah.... pws as soon as I got home, maybe 20 mins after, chicken mini-fillet

12.30pm - bacon, mushroom, egg, sweet potato

891ed6baf29611e1984522000a1e8b94_6.jpg

3.30pm - half a peach & a coffee with coconut milk

5.30pm - palealasagna personally I would call it primalasagna what with all the dairy...How and ever, it was ok, not great....won't make it again. Enough left for another day (ds NOT happy about this!)

424d0ba2f2bf11e1971f22000a1e8b18_6.jpg

eta - my belly is not liking the dairy so much...or maybe I just ate too much, that's the kind of feeling I'm having....

In other news feeling very pleased that the kids went to school with no sandwiches! And their boxes came home empty - some ham, cheese, grapes, carrots sticks with mayo to dip. I am going to experiment some more next week with some of the recipes on nom nom paleo.

Evening all & Happy Friday!

7.15 am - last of egg loaf (eek!) plus half a lovely avo. black coffee

10am - Chalean Extreme Lean Circuit 3 in peace, it was great, felt I applied myself much much without having to pay heed to kids squabbling behind me. pws, chicken mini fillet

12.30pm - bacon, mushroom, egg, fried avo.

3f2ee29cf35f11e1bfbf22000a1c91a7_6.jpg

4pm - apple & almond butter, some dried banana that I prob should not have bought "for the kids"

5.45pm - Chicken Schnitzel , sweet potato fries, roasted cauli & broc

56f7b282f38c11e191d6123138072de5_6.jpg

Last day of August, that flew in and I have to show ye this. Another w30'er planted the seed and Kaye encoraged me to water it and I have turned over a new clean kitchen leaf :)

Every morning when I put away the clean dishes first thing I did a line one way, every evening when I washed all the dishes straight after dinner I got a line the other way. Then I added in sweeping the floors and gave myself an "S". I know it sounds like the bare minimum, like how could anyone (esp a sahm!) not do that, but I really have/had a problem with housework so I am proud as punch with my progress. Now I have established this as a routine I am going to use September as the month to start building on that and adding regular daily chores.

This e-book really helped

ff38889cf39411e181d822000a1d0110_6.jpg

Also another good day of kids eating, they both had a square of dark chocolate for desert :)

Derval, I love your calendar. Bravo!

if you have never seen it, check out this site about getting organized at home. Morning routines, Before Bed routines, 5 minutes here and there on little tasks, and your house will be transformed. Whenever I get overwhelmed with my home and need to feel good about it again, i return to this website and start over on Day 1. :) I don't do all that she recommends, but I do find her suggestions so helpful and uplifting! She says something in her book about "housework done incorrectly still blesses your family" (something like that anyway). I take this to mean making any part of your house cleaner than it was is something to feel good about. No need to be perfect in every little thing we do to make a difference. She also has great ideas for getting kids involved with clean up!

Fly Lady

http://www.flylady.net/d/what-is-flylady/

Good for you Derval! What a great thing to keep up while you're transforming your clean kitchen habits!! You must feel just awesome!

oh, and I loved your noted peaceful work out!

10am - Chalean Extreme Lean Circuit 3 in peace, it was great, felt I applied myself much much without having to pay heed to kids squabbling behind me. pws, chicken mini fillet

Archived