Mo rothar féin

Derval

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mustard smile! Love it too!

Not that I know anything about parenting, but when my cousins (15 and 9) start to fight...urghhh I just want to hide.

Hope kids will be good on vacations!

So do I, this morning I'm thinking of the movie "Home Alone" !

Fat adapted superkids. I think Derval herself wants to be accidentaly left alone in this case :D

No way! I need some sun!!

fat-adapted kids? I wish, my transitioning plans came to an abrupt end when Alex got fed up of it all :(

You go..leave the little bugger to MM, Nadia and me. Imagine that. :)

A more awesome hyrbid I can not imagine!

So todays log, just for a change from moaning about kids ya know...

8.30am - usual schmusual

1pm - picked up a pack of lamb steaks with garlic & herb butter in M&S so a very posh lunch for me :)

forgive the steam :)

326f152caaa711e2a38422000a1f96a9_6.jpg

3.30pm - pecan pie nakd bar - lured in by special offer.

5pm - tsp almond butter with sultanas.

5.30pm - roast gammon, roast baby potatoes, brocolli with red pesto.

Not too bad a day...no cheesecake ...ha ha cos' there's none left! Was supposed to do my workout dvd but couldn't be arsed - my reckoning is that 2 more ab workouts before my holidays is not going to make a jot of difference so why bother :lol:

Evening all,

7.15am - decontructed egg loaf :) Yesterday I fried up a batch of ground pork, baby spinach & shredded sweet potato. Had some of that this morning, re-heated, with a fried egg on top. Black coffee

9.30am - GYM, lower body

11am - black coffee

12.30pm - brined, marinaded & roasted chicken thigh & leg, on mixed leaves with zesty ranch.

3.30pm - bulletproof coffee

6pm - Very delicous dinner - potato slices, sweet potato, fried onions & mushrooms, "flat iron steak"

e87a65fcab6e11e2914422000a1f98df_6.jpg

Nope :) but you have reminded me that lily gave me s segment of her mandarin and about an inch piece of banana this afternoon. So not no fruit, but only a teeny bit. And I drank water! I am terrible at this so made a big effort today to drink over 1.5l/60oz.

Doesn't count, all good. My Dad never drinks water, like not a glass per day. We bought a very bright jar, filled it with water and placed on the table near the entrance to the kitchen. Impossible to miss. Rule - half glass every time you pass it.

Hmm I drink 3-4 liters (100+oz) a day. Now I feel like a freak. Hah.

Doesn't count, all good. My Dad never drinks water, like not a glass per day. We bought a very bright jar, filled it with water and placed on the table near the entrance to the kitchen. Impossible to miss. Rule - half glass every time you pass it.

Hmm I drink 3-4 liters (100+oz) a day. Now I feel like a freak. Hah.

Well I wouldn't like to say ;) No I think me & your dad are the freaks :)

I just got really hungry and had a boiled egg mashed with ghee, s&p.

Oh oh one more thing about water. I have a bottle with little infuser compartment, but any tea infuser will work. I make my water flavored - cucumber, raspberries, mint, lemon, lime, oranges etc etc etc. So much more pleasant.

Luck egg eating people!

Oh oh one more thing about water. I have a bottle with little infuser compartment, but any tea infuser will work. I make my water flavored - cucumber, raspberries, mint, lemon, lime, oranges etc etc etc. So much more pleasant.

Luck egg eating people!

I call that sassy water. Love it..I don't do the fruit though. Well..except for lemon or lime. I toss in cilantro and fresh ginger too. :)

Ginger, yes! Never tried cilantro, wow.

My fav combos are cucumber/raspberries or pear/lime or pineapple/mint or strawberry/basil or watermelon rosemary.

Non fruit would be lime/mint, lemon/basil, cucumber/rosemary, ginger/lime and lemon/cayenne.

You so need to start making Kombucha. So fun to infuse your nectar with different flavors. I haven't tasted it yet but I added habonaro to a couple of my bottles. I will try it later once it is chilled. :)

Not sure who are you addressing it to, but my scoby just won't grow anymore :angry: It's a thin layer with lots of nonsense floating like a jelly fish above it.

Oh that's right. It's KB who hasn't joined the party yet. Those tendrils are yeasties. They are a good thing. My SCOBY is thin and sank. It insists on living there. I do have a new weird looking SCOBY at the top. It's bubbly and not at all smooth. I have been assured that it's fine. Have you snuck a straw down the side to taste it?

Right I dumped the leftovers of my bottle (wah I could have got another glass out of it!) into a kilner jar and stretched a stocking over the top (no cheesecloth!) so we will see if anything grows - there's just some floaty bits so maybe they'll all get together & grow, is that the idea?

Archived