Mo rothar féin

Derval

Aww..thanks you guys. Not sure about such high praise but thank you for sweet comments.

Be sure! You are lovely!

Derval, you're doing great. I had an accident a few years ago and I was a mess for a good while after that. (My fault too, not enough stopping distance). It takes time!

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg I have to get on my computer bc Tapatalk does not update photos--unless I delete/reinstall the app when it tells me I can't upload photos. I must see the photo of you Susan. :)

Derval, I've only been in a little fender bender but it still jammed me up. When I drive past the spot I get shaky--and it happened last summer. Sounds like you are doing fine. Be patient with yourself.

Nice day today,

Got some much needed groceries in, went to a garden party. Drank sangria, ate some food - incl the most delicous salad a girl brought of grilled haloumi & plantains with a salsa style dressing - SO good! Poor dh has a hirrible cold & the kids hurt each other messing around so we went home earlier than I would have liked, but hey ho. They are all eating Mcdonalds now :wacko: I'm sure it smells a lot better than it tastes. I'm having a banana :)

3 day weekend here so everyone off tomorrow, though dh is so sick I doubt he'll be up to much.

I'm going to try do a w30 week 1 menu plan & shopping list tomorrow...

Totally singing Rick Nelson's Garden Party right now. Salad sounds amazing. Did you get the recipe or is it easy to figure out?

McDonalds SO smells better than it tastes. It's been years but I remember thinking "gray food".

• 1 month later...

Right, I'm back! I NEED to be back! and accountable.

The weather in Ireland has been unusually hot in the last few weeks - I fell in to "holiday mode" and have NOT been eating well. usually when I'm not doing a W30 I am still primal/paleo but this time I have really been "indulging" in booze, ice-cream, cheese, crisps etc...the the last few weeks and boy does it show.

I started reading

51wwPB0jT8L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

yesterday - so many highlighable bits! It has inspired me to put down the ice-cream and nightly G&T (checked the tonic - 100ml has 8.9g of sugar :o ) and try get back to vibrant health...and fitting more comfortably in my clothes!

So so far today

9am - 2 boiled eggs, spoon mayo, 3 slices prosciotto *need to add veg to breakfast time. Black coffee

12noon - coffee

1pm - mixed salad leaves, tessamaes zesty ranch, cherry tomatoes, chorizo, snack pack of M&S tandoori prawns & chargrilled calamari (minus the dip). 1 clementine. 1 lg mug peppermint tea.

Dinner is slow roast pork belly, sweet potatoes, mixed veg.

So far a compliant day, the first :ph34r: ? since I finshed by W30 on the 4th.

I have also fallen behind on reading the forums - now have 9 pages of unread posts!

Glad to see you back! You know you can have compliant days because when you do your Whole30s you completely rock them. It's all about making the hard decisions to do what is best for your body versus what might be easier.

Another day winding to an end(ish, it's 5.30pm here!)

Parents in law took kids out at 3pm - SO badly needed, yes I was that mother in the supermarket earlier :unsure: The contant bickering & sniping between the pair of them is WRECKING my head!!! :blink:

8.30am - leftovers from last night - so mixed veg, little bit of pork, 1 egg scrambled in. Black coffee

11am - another coffee

12.30pm - salad leaves with hazlenut oil & balsamic (really need to buy more salad ingredients!) with fried chorizo, 2.5 hb eggs, mayo.

3pm - decaff coffee, small portion of walnuts & raisins

5.30pm - salad leaves, avo, topped with prawns, onion, tomatoes cooked in coconut oil with lime juice & hot sauce. Darn tasty. All the better for eaten in peace in front of MY tv shows!

Kettlebell class at 6.45.

Well doen Juzbo, I am trying hard! Well done for keeping away from choccy cake :)

I did have a couple of handfuls of cashew nuts last night while watching tv too...

Today...

8.30am - 2 boiled eggs, spoon of mayo, few cherry tomatoes, some raisins, black coffee

11am - black coffee, some cashews.

1pm - salad with tomatoes, olives (non-complaint ingredients in these) smoked salmon, tessamaes & mayo. 1 clementine.

4pm - a small banana, blk decaff

5.30pm -  paleo tacos with guac & salsa.

7.30pm - half an apple & 6 walnuts

Weighed in this morning, up another full pound on last week, despite half a week of being back on track,  up 3.4lbs since I finished my w30 on the 4th, and approx 8 lbs heavier than the higher end of my happy weight -  I feel so pudgy :( I don't know what I am doing "wrong" - too heavy handed on the fats? too big portions? stress? - that is definitely happening right now.
I thought I would get ripped starting these kettlebell classes but can't see any difference - but I do love the classes.

Ho hummmm....I am feeling a level of dislike about the way my body looks that I haven't felt in a long time.....

I'm exactly that too Derval! I think your body is a week behind sometimes. I certainly feel like I am getting thicker from last weeks eating still rather than thinner from this weeks eating. And because I feel so pudgy I can't get motivated to exercise other than walking... Which probably doesnt help. Lets just say our bodies are taking a bit longer to remember how to digest efficiently and very soon our metabolism will rev right up! Meanwhile, stay away from the scales???

Got offered a freedo frog today (free chocolate freddo frog), glad I said no. Leftover rice paper rolls, sushi and sandwiches in the kitchen, I did bag the last cup of fresh fruit salad and left the rest, glad to see I haven't lost these new habits at least!

Good to hear that someone else is in the same boat. So hard to stay away from scales - every day I want to see in numbers that my staying of track has "worked" - of course it is "working" in other ways I am sure, but weight wise. Mind you I did a "perfect" W30 and lost 1 lb so I don't know what I'm expecting. Sheesh.

I feel about ten pounds up from where I finished my first whole30 in November, too scared to get on the scales to know for sure and I have had very little offroading since then. I am beginning to think perhaps before I lost weight more easily because my gut was so irritated, and now that its better it digests food more completely and I no longer need to eat as much?

I am trying to work harder at keeping my portions a bit smaller... I think my eyes got used to eating more than my stomach needs... Also having more soup... Easy because its beepin cold here right now.

As a veteran, no need for me to tell you just keep plugging away at it.... It will soon all come together.

As a veteran, no need for me to tell you just keep plugging away at it.... It will soon all come together.

True....I hope!! :lol:

It occured to me last reading Paleo Living for Dummies (highly rec.) that I am not drinking water....like at all :ph34r: except when I exercise. It said you should drink half your boody weight in fl oz's  so that's 3 of my Contigo bottle per day. I am going to work on this!

Thanks for the reminder to drink more water. Even when it's hot, I rarely remember. I try to keep a cup of herbal tea on my desk all morning but often just ignore it. Today I will try to be aware of how I hydrate. Oy, just one more thing! How come it isnt all just easy peasy?

I'm going to say a whole bunch of stuff that you know but sometimes we all need an outside reminder.

Your weight is affected by SO many things! Stop using it as a measure of how good/bad you are doing! If you must measure your body use a tape measure liberally. Keep note of how your body feels in a journal with your food. That is such a better way to decide if you need to adjust something than a stupid number on a scale. Feel freedom from that number and seek to feel the best you can every day!

Archived