Mo rothar féin

Derval

Hey Derval, hope you are feeling more upbeat today.

Maggief makes a great point re the coconut butter and dark chocolate-as you said to me a while back, at least it wasn't a Tayto sandwich! Still, I know that the annoying bit was the motivation for eating the particular things, the stress etc, and I totally get that-but don't dwell on it, today is a new day-hope it's a brighter one.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better day today, not as panicy as yesterday :)

Had zero booze at bookclub, but was very tired this morning after my "late night" of 11.45pm!

7.15 am - bacon & eggs for everyone. The kids loved it, thought they were getting a great treat, ha ha it was only because the bacon was best before yesterday and I had to use it up. Suckas!

11am - cinnamon coffee w' coconut milk

12.45pm - A what's in the fridge lunch. 2 hardboiled eggs with mayo & shwarma (sp?) seasoning on top. 2 slices serrano ham, pile of green olives.

3pm - A much more pleasant off-road experience :) Little Lily's 6th birthday tomorrow and she asked to go to her fav cafe after school for cake & babycinno. I shared a small bakewell slice with Alex and had a really nice cappucino *Avert your eyes* cake pic coming up!!!

As you can see it was a very small portion and I didn't have the cream.

408135e403f611e2ad5812313817873b_6.jpg

This is the way treats should be enjoyed, in pleasant surroundings & company. Not shoved down while standing at kitchen counter trying to undo an unwelcome emotion...

And what better company than Alex and the almost birthday girl.

1994d84003f711e28a3522000a1c86c8_6.jpg

I collected her birthday cake from my friend - omg it is so beautiful - a giant cupcake with sparkly pink icing. It's chocolate sponge on top and biscuit cake underneath, I may indulge....esp in the biscuit cake....tomorrow.

6pm - bolegnase & zoodles with spinach - cooked in this mornings bacon grease, nyom nyom.

Tired tired tired now, early night I think.

Yay for pleasing off-roading :) . What's a babycinno? I have some kiddos who might like that for a treat...

I saw in another thread that you are planning on an Oct 1 Whole30. I am too, and since I know that is coming up I've been allowing myself a little more off-roading than usual. Trying to keep everything on the conscious, mindful, choice level. B)

Hey everyone,

Wrecked tired, a busy day! Started at 7am with a treasure hunt for Lily's birthday gifts - great fun though! Myself & Alex devised the hiding places and clues last night....one of them, his idea, was "where mammy has her coffee in the morning" - lol, so her gift was behind the laptop on the sofa :lol:

8am - boiled egg, serrano ham, hardboiled egg with mayo, banana

12.45 - fry up at in-laws

5pm - some scraped off chocolate ganache off Lily's leftover cake. I really wanted to try some of the biscuit cake but I don't think the night before a race in the right time to try gluten, such a scaredy-cat!

Here's the birthday girl and her awesome cake.

596a49a204e011e2a4431231381407ca_6.jpg

5.45 - weird dinner.... :ph34r: some slices balsamic garlic eggplant, fried bacon, sweet potato, avo & spinach.

Drinking lots of water & herbal tea so I'm all hydrated for the morning :)

Thanks , I'm pretty nervous about how it's going to turn out running with ds, he can be a bit pig-headed and will not be happy to be advised on pace etc. :rolleyes: so we could end up arguing & running at the same time! I hope not....it could be a splendid bonding experience or a fight-fest, we shall see.

Thanks, I think she is too :)

Afternoon peeps, just popping on with race report and day so far

Dd who usually acts as out alarm clock slept late this morning so we didn't get woken till 7.45 so a bit rushed this morning!

8am - sweet potato with butter & salt. black coffee. boiled egg. bowl of mashed banana, sulatanas & coconut milk.

10am - RACE! Go Team Cunningham!!

3dbd6b7e056411e2822f22000a1c00f9_6.jpg

We all had a great day :) Running with ds was a challenge, as I supspected he would not listen to me regarding pace and at 3k I knew there was no way I could keep up with him as we were hitting a 5:10 km pace. I was feeling nauseous with the exertion. He is a competitive little man and I could see him trying to take out a kid in front of him, so I let him go on ahead. I knew Dh would be finishing and come back to run with him/us so I set him free and omg he stormed it !! So so proud of him.

So results - Ray, a pb of 17:58, me 26:20 (I was very pleased with this because I've done bugger all running in the last 6 months and I was only 25 secs off my pb) and my super-star son 25:12!!!!

So I reckon by next year he'll have taken my life long dream of sub-25 by the time he's 10 :blink::wub:

We came home and had a slice of Lily's birthday cake (the chocolate biscuit cake layer) - wowsers!

ETA - a professional photographer got a great photo of him!

308292_10151150187788666_1486177296_n.jpg

eta again Dinner was honey roast gammon, roast potatoes, peas & green beans, roast potatoes & wine, another pice of cake, and mug of tea with milk. Yoikes.

Thanks Renee :)

So trying to back on the straight & narrow(ish) after the weekend o' cake

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

11am - cinnamon coffee & coconut milk

12.30pm - roasted pork belly slices with shwarma seasoning, sauteed courgette (59c for 3 in Tesco Irish readers) & spinach. An apple, some coconut butter (will be glad when it's gone!)

11a49424063e11e28c261231381b3d45_6.jpg

3pm - a plum, 2 slices mature cheddar from dd's lunchbox. Last of the beef jerky.

5.45pm - egg fu yung fail , it all got stuck/fell apart when I tried to turn it. So it became a scramble, still yummy.

Forgive the steamy photograph!

cfe3979a066711e2ab4322000a1d0377_6.jpg

Got some fresh raspberries today so will have them later with coconut milk.

Those are great pics of all of you and congrats on the awesome race!!! Way cool!

I've been checking out your riding your own bike log... looks like you put "off" things in red. That's a nice visual way to get an idea of how much off... although I've never been good at writing down everything I eat. Hmmmm.

Those are great pics of all of you and congrats on the awesome race!!! Way cool!

I've been checking out your riding your own bike log... looks like you put "off" things in red. That's a nice visual way to get an idea of how much off... although I've never been good at writing down everything I eat. Hmmmm.

Thanks, the red light/green light (exercise) system was started by Renee and I adopted it. It's good that people who are new to it can see that these items are not compliant, avoiding confusion. And it's nice to look back on a day with little to no red in it :) downside is I can't do it on my phone.

jeepers don't reckon I'll be getting this (red boat fish sauce) anytime soon

We are not distributed in the UK or Ireland but can ship you some from the US. The shipping is $50 plus product. The box can hold up to 4 500ml bottles at $10 each. Please let us know if you would like to proceed?

So todays log...

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

12.30 pm - leftover egg fu yung scramble from last night dinner. An orange

4pm - picking around the kitchen experimenting- julienned cuc w' mayo , sultanas w' melted coconut butter.

5.45pm - Nom Nom paleo green chicken, carrots, sweet potato w' butter

No exercise again today, but have a p.t session booked tommorrow, excited! It's a p.t I have worked with before, I know he is paleo-positive :) and I'm looking fwd to getting a good programme of heavy lifting.

Thursday , I'm going for a "last hurrah" meal out with my best buddie of ...31 years :o before doing an October (Groktober? :D )W30. I'm going to eat whatever the heck I like (within reason...I won't have bread or pasta) and enjoy, pay the price, and then get back to it.

jeepers don't reckon I'll be getting this (red boat fish sauce) anytime soon

We are not distributed in the UK or Ireland but can ship you some from the US. The shipping is $50 plus product. The box can hold up to 4 500ml bottles at $10 each. Please let us know if you would like to proceed?

:( Not fair. It's good stuff.

I wonder is the formatting working??

Lots of good stuff happening today :)

My 6 y.o took a leftover (some-eaten :o) green chicken leg in to school for lunch today :D She is so funny, I bet there won't be a shred of meat left on it, she like an industrial meat removal machine!

Went to gym to meet with p.t to get new programme. I think I mentioned last week I got a new membership card - well compare my 2004 face to my 2012 one!

d1ed6db007d211e29be31231381b5339_6.jpg

P.T offered do a skin fold/body fat check for me with the callipers. Great news is that in the last year I have lost a cumulative 26mm off the 10 sites he measured :) he was very umpressed and said my number were really good. The biggest drop was on the umbilical site with a 5mm drop (thanks to paleo I reckon) And guess what that stupid old scales said - half a kilo difference, imagine if I'd only been judging my progress on that!

Sp a big self-congratulatory post there :) Will be back with a more modest food log later :lol:

Your kids are so cute! Love that birthday cake. I wish I had started logging my food from the beginning. I am going to wait until I do my next W30 (10/15-11/13 because my bday is 11/14 :) ) then after I will keep logging. I just feel out of it not tracking stuff and I adore the red light green light!

p.s. I think you look younger since '04!

Archived