Mo rothar féin

Derval

Super cute shirt!

Now, is a brisket the same cut as corned beef? It looks a lot alike. I can't wait to order one from US Wellness Meats. All the ones in the stores here have a bunch of gunk in them. Just looking at the pic has my mouth watering!

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brisket is the cut of meat they use to make corned beef. If there is anything added, then the beef has already been corned and that isn't what you want.

Derval, how much salt did you use? I sprinkled it like any roast I cook and it wasn't too salty at all. Fall apart tender and had such great flavor.

Love the new shirt. Very cute.

Well, that top will discourage anyone from hugging you! Or am I seeing it right, with a row of pointed prongs sticking up at the shoulder?

Terez

Yes, studded shoulders, I never thought of that :D

Brisket is the cut of meat they use to make corned beef. If there is anything added, then the beef has already been corned and that isn't what you want.

Derval, how much salt did you use? I sprinkled it like any roast I cook and it wasn't too salty at all. Fall apart tender and had such great flavor.

Love the new shirt. Very cute.

Now I am thinking maybe I did get corned beef, and added salt to it! Like you I just seasoned all sides. Definitely not the tablespoons of the recipe.

Yes, studded shoulders, I never thought of that

Now I am thinking maybe I did get corned beef, and added salt to it! Like you I just seasoned all sides. Definitely not the tablespoons of the recipe.

You know, when I saw your photo of it, I thought it had that rosey color of corned beef. I think the TBS of salt was for a ten pounder. It's definitely worth a do over. I rubbed a little liquid smoke on it too. We had it over mashed cauli and celery root the first night and then made a big ass taco salad with it the second night. Delightful.

Today's log :)

7.15 am - egg loaf & black coffee

11am - yoga class

12.30 - leftover brisket, sweet potato, ghee fried egg, black coffee & 1 jarred fig

81df0e7e7a9011e2904822000a9f13f5_6.jpg

4pm - half an apple, half a banana (had snack time with dd) + spoon sunbutter

5.45pm - roast chicken (blurgh, a bland bird - Summertime, it was the Aldi free range, not nearly as nice as M&S Oakham) with roast carrots, parsnips, red onion, garlic and baby potatoes,

Thanks Rojo, I said this to him & he laughed!

Here's a new short film that I think you might like, about Dublin slang, very nicely done imo

So todays log

7.15am - egg loaf, black coffee

8.15am - GYM, NROLFW workout B + tm intervals

When I got home I got out my new dehydrator and had it going from 10am - 3pm . Here are the fruits of my drying labour - kale, beef jerky & lemon slices

5f4375be7b8311e2aa2d22000a1f9a45_6.jpg72190db67b8311e2bdcf22000a1fbe62_6.jpg89c503207b8311e2a42522000a1f96b3_6.jpg

10.15 am - black coffee + 1 jarred fig

12.30pm - grated sweet potato & leftover chicken with spicy sauce (Franks+ghee) and spinach, with avo mash.Yum

02baba067b5a11e2aa2222000a1f974c_6.jpg

3pm - got home from school run & heartily sampled dehydrator stuff. And had half an apple + sunbutter.

6pm - another tray bake! Potatoes, carrots, red onion & mushrooms with lamb chops.

d699cb4c7b8611e28ed122000a9f1311_6.jpg

p.s In other paleo news, got an email to say my copy of The Paleo Coach by jason Seib will be despatched shortly *and* my Tessamaes order arrived, deeeelicous.

Dehydrator update, yay! If I had it (I am planning to soon) I'd make green beans and beets in it 24/7. How did the lemons turn out? Did the machine change the taste a bit?

Yes I think they are less bitter. They are still a bit chewy mind you.

Evening W9 peeps :)

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

No gym today so after library duty at kids school I went shopping. Picked up some new clothes and this :)

7e75af467c4211e2aae322000a1f9858_6.jpg

12.30pm - salad with zesty ranch dressing. Prawns with coriander & chilli, guacomole (shop bought, had sour cream in it)

black coffee, 3 small dates & a some cashews.

69731c8e7c2211e2b41b22000a1f9a15_6.jpg

3pm - beef jerky & rest of guac

5.30pm - bolegnase with zoodles & spinach , I added some parmesan

0b2a6b527c4d11e2a4da22000a1f9253_6.jpg

Happy Friday guys!

7.15am - egg loaf & black coffee

9.15am GYM

11.15am - 1.5 slices of bacon & black coffee.

12.30pm - sauteed veg - mushrooms, zuch, spinach, little bit of grated sweet potato and pan fried sea bass, drizzled with Tessamae's zesty ranch. Delicous.

Followed by an apple & sunbutter

be4a03487ceb11e2890222000a1fb0b2_6.jpg

3.30pm - carrot & zuch crisps from dehdydrator

5.45pm - Toms butter chicken , the return :) Last time I made this I saved & froze the leftover sauce so I upcycled it today, added skinless boneless chicken thighs, brocolli & mushrooms.

Doesn't look great but it tasted good :)

aa5a57507d1511e28ea222000a9f1946_6.jpg

Here's a new short film that I think you might like, about Dublin slang, very nicely done imo

I watched the video this morning and giggled. I also only understood a fraction of it. Even what I didn't made me giggle. The facial expressions are just as wonderful. I need to share with my friend who is enamored with Ireland.

Archived