Cooking with broken foot

Jonkit

Good Morning everyone,

I need some tips!

I started my Whole30 on Sunday, so I'm in day 5 now. But what happend was that I broke my foot pretty bad on Monday. So I have to walk around with crutches. This means that I can't cook meals that take long or are very difficult otherwise I get pain in my foot.

And there is antoher thing. First of all, I LOVE meal1! I always enjoy eating breakfast and I had never had any problems with food I couldn't eat for breakie. But since I'm taking painkiller I cannot eat a fatty meal 1. Because I started puking after meal1! So I'm trying to find a light Whole30 breakie. I can eat boiled or poached eggs. And fruit. But since we shouldn't eat too much fruits for meal1 Idk what to eat now.

I used to eat 2 eggs( boiled,fried,scrambled,poached what ever I felt like), bacon, mushrooms,peppers,tomato and cucumber. And a black coffee. But apparently this doesn't work out anymore.

So, I'm asking you guys for easy,fast whole30recepie tipps and easy going breakies.

Or if you can recommand a good cook book or websites with recepies that match my criterias.

Thanks! :))

Good Morning everyone,

I used to eat 2 eggs( boiled,fried,scrambled,poached what ever I felt like), bacon, mushrooms,peppers,tomato and cucumber. And a black coffee. But apparently this doesn't work out anymore.

Why not? If your bacon is not compliant, try adding more eggs or any other meat you like. The veggies sound great.

For cooking, can you bring a stool into the kitchen? Or move the food prep to the dining room table so you can sit in a chair? Don't let a broken foot deprive you of good cooked food. Adapt.

If the painkillers are messing with your stomach, sometimes soup can help (template). I know it sounds weird for breakfast, but you won't be doing it forever. Soup is also easy to reheat so you can spend less time on your feet.

Buy as many pre-prepped veggies as you can and bulk cook where possible (slow cooker, oven).

Do you have to take the painkillers more than once a day? Is it only in the morning you feel sick from it?

I'd go for sweet potato somewhere in your Meal1 and maybe try olive oil for your fat serve.

You might also want to skip the coffee at Meal1 until you're off the painkiller, it might be irritating to a sore stomach.

Peppermint tea can be soothing, but won't help metablise any fat.

Also check with your chemist whether there's anything in the painkiller that might be giving you a reaction. You might be able to get a gentler one for your refill.

Oh, and bone broth will help your feel heal!

Archived