FIRST 30 starting NOV 30!!!

jaimehaner

I started yesterday (Nov. 28)! I even went out to eat with my husband (we both had the day off and waned to make the most of it) and had a great meal of grilled salmon, salted baked potato (no butter or sour cream), and green beans sauteed in olive oil!

The no-sugar rule is going to be hardest for me - not because of treats, but because of small amounts of added sugar in things like sausage and ketchup! 

Hello I am starting as well today, Nov 30. The hardest thing for me will be no stevia in my tea. I am a huge tea drinker and will miss some of the teas that are not compliant. I think it will be pretty doable otherwise.

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/22724-what-are-your-favorite-loose-leaf-teas/#entry245618

Maybe you'll find some new favorites...I'm a tea fan, too.

Hi there to all of you newbies!!!  I am one as well.  Started on Nov 30th!!!!  so this is my second day into it.  Feel a little apprehensive and wonder whether I can do it.  I do so much want to.  Let's all get together on the forum and check out our progress (or lack thereof) and encourage each other.  I do need support as my hubby is not really into this, he just hates the word "diet", even though this isn't one.  So then, let's go and master this!!!

Marie-Jeanne

OK...here's my plan for today...in addition to continuing with good food prep, I want to develop some new strategies for when the cravings hit and motivation plummets.

I am thinking of these ideas so far: 1. Finding an excellent fiction books to begin, 2. Making a playlist with some mood shifting music, 3. Finding a few great podcasts to have at the ready, 4. And, perhaps finding a tv series to begin? I need things I can do to tend to myself while also having kids at home (instead of mindlessly eating!). What do you guys do when your tired, cranky, and craving junk?

Hi there :) 

Sounds like a great idea - a good, personalized distraction is exactly what is called for when cravings/stress/emotions hit! From my experience, I know that something like tv or a book tends to make me graze on food even more!!! I tend to nibble and snack when watching tv... 

I find that something like taking a bath or putting on a facemask - which sometimes actually prevents you putting food in your mouth!!! - help me to feel good about myself physically and that tends to stop me wanting food so much! I would also suggest going for a walk, but sometimes I feel that requires more effort that I have in me - especially when my cravings are tiredness related!

Just some thoughts, but that's a great idea!

I'm currently on day 3 too! Right now, the hardest part is my appetite being rather poor. I am in the midst of college finals week and its difficult to find compliant food that I can stomach in my school cafeteria. But, I guess this is better than letting my stress lead me into eating ice cream and candy like I have in the past. ;)

Any suggestions for manipulating a school cafeteria successfully?

Gfi333 -  once you are eating enough (check the meal template ) you will lose the need to snack - even when you are bored.  I am speaking from experience - I used to snack when bored, stressed, bored, tired...  but now I do not snack - at all.  I am amazed - no desire to do so.  Even while I'm sitting and watching TV.  When you do get the case of boreds, or are stressed, come here and post - and get it out of your system  then Breathe - and recognize why you want to snack. Acknowledge it - then move on.  If it ends up that you truly are hungry - then eat a mini meal.  

Good luck to you all !  Looks like you have a good support group going !  Happy 30'ing to you !

Archived