Augie's Dedicated December Whole 30 Log

Augie

Dedicated December is when you commit to doing an exercise everyday for the month of December. Starting December 1st I'm committing to doing something active every day, even if it's just for five minutes AND doing a Whole 30. I already eat a paleo diet but I cheat occasionally and I want to put a stop to that. I'm also hoping to get some health benefits. I have Lyme disease and I'm hoping this will help. This will be my log! So excited!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1 - December 1st

exercise - 45 minutes on stationary bike and 25 sit-ups

Breakfast - 3 cups of veggie (artichokes, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, carrots)  and beef soup, and 1 tbsp coconut oil

Lunch - 2 cups of romaine lettuce, hamburger patty, 1/2 avocado, 2 pieces of bacon, pickles

Dinner - cube steak, 6 walnuts, 4 cups of veggies (kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli), and 1 tbsp coconut oil

Day 2 - December 2nd

exercise - 45 minutes on stationary bike and 50 sit-ups

Breakfast - same as yesterday

Lunch - ground pork, 5 cherries, 6 almonds, 4 cups of veggies (kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, and bok choy), 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, and 1/2 avocado

Dinner - same as lunch

Day 3 - December 3rd

exercise - 30 minutes on bike and 75 sit-ups

breakfast - 3 pieces of bacon (sugar, gluten, and dairy free, of course), 2 eggs, 2 cups of broccoli, 1 tbsp coconut oil

lunch - pork, 1/4 cup berries (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, 6 walnuts, 25 spears of asparagus, 2 cups of kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage

dinner - 2 cups of beef and veggie soup (artichoke, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, zucchini), 1/2 avocado, 6 almonds, 5 black olives

Day 4 - December 4th - Thursday

Exercise - 30 minutes on bike and 100 sit-ups

Breakfast - 1 tbsp coconut oil, 3 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, 1 cup of kale and brussel sprouts

Lunch - 1 tbsp coconut oil, turkey, 6 walnuts, 3 cups of broccoli and bok choy

Dinner - Pork, 1/4 cup berries, 2 cups of celery and broccoli

Day 5 - December 5th - Friday

Exercise - 70 sit-ups

Breakfast - 3 cups of beef and veggie soup and 1 tbsp coconut oil

Lunch - Turkey, 2 cups of broccoli and bok choy, 1/2 avocado

Dinner - same as lunch 

Day 6 - December 6th - Saturday

Exercise - 30 minutes on bike and 125 sit-ups

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 2 cups of kale, 1 tbsp coconut oil

Lunch - 2 cups of zucchini, grass fed beef, 1/4 cup of berries, 1 cup of celery and carrots, 1 tbsp coconut oil

Dinner - same as lunch

Accountability Post ;)

I saw my doctor on Friday and he told me he wants me to be eating 3-4 cups of veggies with each meal and 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil a day. Now that I've made an official post on it hopefully I'll be more likely to do it! ;)

Day 7 - December 7th, Sunday

Exercise - Bike for 5 minutes, 50 sit-ups

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 2 cups of broccoli, carrots, celery, 1 tbsp coconut oil

Lunch - grass fed beef, 6 walnuts, 3 cups of kale, broccoli, carrots, celery, brussel sprouts, 1 tbsp coconut oil

Dinner - same as lunch 

Day 8 - December 8th, Monday

Exercise - one hour of physical therapy

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 2 cups of mixed veggies

Lunch - chicken, capers, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 2 cups of broccoli, cauliflower, beets, zucchini, onions, celery

Dinner - same as lunch 

Day 9 - December 9th - Tuesday

Exercise - bike 30 minutes, 150 sit-ups

Breakfast - 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 c asparagus, 1/2 c broccoli, 1/2 c celery, 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon

Lunch - 1 tbsp coconut oil, 3 cups of zucchini and celery, 1/4 mixed berries, grass fed beef

Dinner - pork chops, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 cup fennel, 1 and 1/2 cups broccoli

Thank you, Hutlifr :)

Day 10 - December 10 - Wednesday

exercise - Bike 30 minutes, 200 sit-ups

Breakfast - Pork chop, 1 tbsp coconut oil, tons of broccoli, asparagus, and bok choy

Lunch - Pot roast, 2 cups of zucchini noodles, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/4 cup of berries, 1 cup of celery and carrots

dinner - same as lunch

Day 11 - December 11 - Thursday

Exercise - 50 sit-ups

Breakfast - Pot roast, 1 tbsp coconut oil, fennel, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus

lunch - same as breakfast

Dinner - chicken, 2 cups of lettuce mix, cucumbers, carrots, a banana and more grapes than I could count :(

So I ate a lot of grapes, but at least I didn't totally go off plan. I think fruit is a food without brakes for me. Once I start eating it I can not stop. I'm sitting here right now with a bloated and sore stomach, something I haven't experienced since starting the Whole 30, so I know it's all that fruit. Plus, I'm not supposed to be eating it because I'm trying to get rid of the Candida infection that I have. So, I'm redoubling my efforts to cut the fruit out. I've been successful with cutting out the nuts and I didn't think I would be able to do that. Today is day four without any nuts and the cravings are totally gone! So I'm pretty happy about that.

I saw my doctor today. I've been suffering from pretty bad headaches and he wants me to try cutting out foods that are high in histamine. I think this is really going to help. So the foods that I can't eat that are high in histamine are pork, eggs, spinach, tomatoes (already don't eat those), nuts, berries, bananas, avocado, citrus fruits, dried fruit, and herbal tea. There are several more foods on that list, but these are the foods that I eat regularly. I already don't eat shellfish and fish because they've always given me headaches, which now I'm thinking is a histamine intolerance. Oh, and I need to make sure I eat my meat when it's fresh. I'm excited to do this and start feeling better.

Day 12 - December 12 - Friday

Exercise - Bike 30 minutes and 150 sit-ups

Breakfast - pot roast, broccoli, asparagus

Lunch - Beef, celery, carrots, zucchini

Dinner - same as lunch

Day 13 - December 13 - Saturday

Exercise - Bike 30 minutes

Breakfast - beef celery, carrot, broccoli, jicima

Lunch - Turkey, kale, brussels sprouts, celery

Dinner - same as lunch

I've been low histamine for four days now and my headaches are already getting better. I ate a ton of fruit and nuts Sunday and Monday though and I paid the price with a bloated tummy and feeling super itchy. I'm just going to keep telling myself that fruit and nuts are not an option. They are so not worth it!

Day 14 - December 14 - Sunday

Exercise - 50 sit-ups

Breakfast - grass fed beef, berries, coconut oil, celery, carrots, olives, kale

Lunch - turkey, coconut oil, kale, brussels sprouts, cabbage

Dinner - same as lunch

Snack- almonds and grapes

Day 15 - December 15 - Monday

Exercise - 1hour of physical therapy and 60 sit-ups

Breakfast - turkey, coconut oil, broccoli, kale

Lunch - steak, coconut oil, fennel, broccoli, asparagus

Dinner - same as lunch

Snack - almonds and cherries

Day 17 - December 17 - Wednesday

Exercise - 30 sit-ups. I've had to take it easy the past couple of days, I had ankle surgery not too long ago and it has been causing me some pain this week.

breakfast - beef, carrots, celery,carrots, broccoli, coconut oil

lunch - chicken, celery, carrots, artichokes, coconut oil

dinner - steak, broccoli, asparagus, olives, 1/2 avocado, coconut oil

Day 18 - December 18 - Thursday

Exercise - 30 sit-ups

breakfast - steak, coconut oil, asparagus, broccoli, 1/4 avocado

Lunch - chicken, kale, cabbage, olives, coconut oil

Dinner - beef, zucchini, celery, carrots, coconut oil, berries

Day 21

Woke up horribly sick with the stomach flu, or something that made me feel stomach flu-ish. Yuck

Feeling better now. Sticking to the Whole 30 but not my regular 3 meals of veggies, fat, protein. I've had water, bone broth, and a bit of banana. I'm already feeling much better. Just super tired and I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach. Ha

Last night (Day 21) I still wasn't feeling well, but I decided that eating some nuts would be a good idea. It was a dumb idea. I have to stop with the nuts. And the fruit. Food without brakes for me for sure.

Day 22

Breakfast - Steak, avocado, olives, carrots, broccoli, coconut oil

Lunch - zucchini, beef, carrots, celery, coconut oil

Dinner - Same as lunch

Day 23

Breakfast - Turkey, coconut oil, kale, cabbage, brussel sprouts, grapes

Lunch - chicken, coconut oil, broccoli, carrots,

dinner - same as lunch

So I've been eating fruit and nuts again. I'm planning on cutting it out again after Christmas

Archived