Augie's Dedicated December Whole 30 Log

Augie

Hi, Laurie,

I hope that everything is ok and that finding out what is wrong will help you to feel better shortly. It can be scary to not know what is wrong. I'll keep you in my thoughts. I haven't been reading the posts on the forum yet, but I will get to it soon. I haven't been feeling well lately. I went 10 days without fruit then Friday I was at my doctor's office (I'm there five days a week getting treatments) getting an infusion and I starting feeling pretty unwell and dizzy. They made me eat some raisins to get my blood sugar back up. So, the no fruit has been really hard, and I think part of that is because my energy tanked and my mood kinda did too. So I went home and ate a banana and an apple, which was too much fruit. I had a stomachache within minutes, but my mood lifted and I felt better in every other way since I cut out fruit. I'm not sure what to do since I don't feel well when I don't have enough carbs and my stomach hurts when I eat fruit (it hurts even more with sweet potatoes, squash, etc). I think I will try adding 1/2 cup of berries to my day (if I feel like I need it) and see what that does, but I don't think I can continue with the super low carb. I'm frustrated, but I keep reminding myself that mistakes are what help us to improve. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed posting that last two days, so here they are!

Day 40 - January 9

Breakfast - beef, coconut oil, carrots, kale, cabbage

Lunch - raisins, apple, banana (I know! SO not in the spirit of the whole 30 but I was feeling super unwell and felt like I needed carbs and was unable to cook)

Dinner - hamburger patty, mixed lettuce, cucumber

Day 41 - January 10

Breakfast - turkey, purple cauliflower, green cauliflower, coconut oil

Lunch - grass fed beef, coconut oil, cabbage, kale, carrots

Dinner - chicken, zucchini, celery, cauliflower

Day 42

Breakfast  - 1/2 cup of mixed berries, coconut milk, purple cauliflower, chicken

Lunch- turkey, coconut oil, carrots, zucchini

Dinner -grass fed beef, carrots, broccoli, coconut oil, avocado, celery, olives

Day 43

Breakfast- turkey, coconut oil, kale, broccoli, 1/2 c berries, coconut milk

Lunch - grass fed beef, coconut oil, carrots, broccoli

Dinner - chicken, coconut oil, cabbage, endive, avocado, olives

Day 45

Today was a beef day. Didn't even realize it until now. I need to mix it up tomorrow.

Breakfast - hamburger patty, mixed greens, cucumber

Lunch - grass fed beef, avocado, cucumber, fennel, asparagus

Dinner - cube steak, carrots, broccoli, olives, 2 strawberries

Your are still going STRONG!  I made it through 8 days with no fruit and I feel great about this accomplishment.  Stomach definitely feels better without the fruit.  I don't have it down to 3 meals yet.  Yesterday was a little difficult because I waited too long until lunch.  I don't like the feeling of being too hungry because if I wasn't committed it would lead to a major fall. 

It's great that you are able to eat a little fruit without going overboard.  I don't know how you can eat 1/2 cup of berries or 2 strawberries.  1/2 cup for me leads to the whole container.  I understand why you have been feeling weak - you are really low carb.  Make sure you take care of yourself!  I wish we lived near each other so we could have a few W30 meals together.

You made it 8 days! That's awesome! I think the only reason I'm able to control my fruit portions is from going without it for that little bit, but it's still hard. Today I just really wanted to munch on an apple, but I've stopped having all of the food dreams. I very rarely crave nuts now, which i'm so happy about. How are your nut cravings?

I've added more fat to my diet (I now do 1 and 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil with each meal) and today I added a little bit of pumpkin to my breakfast. It tasted good! It seems the fat and the little bit of fruit I've added has helped. I'm feeling much better. You'll be able to get it down to three meals; it was hard for me at first.

I would love to eat some W30 meals with you. That would be fun! I've been trying to keep up with the dirty 30 forum, but every time I check it there are 50 more comments! It's hard to keep up with! Ha! How has all your testing been going? Have any answers yet? I've been thinking about you! I hope all is well! 

Day 46

Breakfast - steak, pumpkin, coconut milk, 4 strawberries, kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage

Lunch - turkey burger, mixed greens, cucumber, 1/4 cup of blackberries

Dinner - grass fed beef, carrots, zucchini, coconut oil, purple cauliflower

Day 47 (Friday) I was sick and didn't eat anything

Days 48 and 49 I didn't really keep track of what I ate. I was whole 30 compliant but I snacked a lot. Ugh. I also ate more fruit than I should. I have this allow nothing problem with fruit. I can't have a little because then I end up overeating it. However, I have gone 20 days without nuts! Woo too! I have ten days left until the end of my Whole60. I'm going to try and go without fruit for the rest of my Whole60. I've added pumpkin to my diet so I'm getting carbs in that way, but  if I start getting shaky again on the no fruit I'll have to add it back in again. But I'm going to try no fruit again for now. Maybe I'll try adding some spaghetti squash in and see if that helps.

Are you okay?  You missed a few days of posting. 

I'm still  on the no fruit.  Yesterday I ate pistachio nuts (bought them for Steve).   Of course, I ate too many.  I am very good at all or nothing, so today I'm back to nothing with nuts. 

I think I'll try the pumpkin.  How do you prepare the pumpkin?

Hi, Laurie,

I'm so sorry. Thank you for checking in with me. I've been really ill. Sometimes the Lyme disease really flattens me. Thank you so much for checking up on me. I really appreciate your concern and I hope I didn't worry you. How are you and your boyfriend doing? I know you had some medical tests coming up and I hope they went well.

I'm still on the Whole30. I've just been having lots of headaches and it's not fun looking at a computer screen. Ha. I'm still nut free but I have been having small amounts of fruit. My Whole 60 ends on Thursday. I'm planning on taking two days off then starting again on February 1.

Today is day 60! Yay! I did it! I'm taking two days off starting tomorrow and then starting my next Whole 30 on February 1st! I can't  believe I made it the last 30 days without any nuts! So proud of myself! 

I've started a new topic for my next log called "Augie's Daily Log". I'm planning on getting back to posting my meals daily because that was really helpful for me. I stopped because the lyme disease has been really bad the past few weeks, but I'm feeling slightly better.

Great job Augie, especially on the no nuts for 30 days.  You should be proud of yourself.  Glad to hear that you are feeling better.  Enjoy your 2 days off plan and eat something fun for me.

Thanks for your email.  I am going to respond to your email and write about some personal issues. 

Archived