MichelleRose

Start date: November 28, 2014

Day 1

Meal 1: 1 egg, spinach, 1/2 avocado

Meal 2: vegetable beef soup, apple

Meal 3: salmon, green beans, sauteed cabbage

Day 2

Meal 1: 1 egg, sweet potato(~1/4)/mushroom/spinach hash, 1/2 avocado

Meal 2: vegetable beef soup, spinach salad with hard-boiled egg, one shredded carrot, 5 olives, and olive oil/vinegar dressing, clementine

Meal 3: steak, grilled sweet potato (~1/2), spinach salad with olives, pecans, and chopped apple and olive oil/vinegar dressing, apple

My face is breaking out in small "whitehead" pimples...I remember this happening during the first week of my last Whole30. I've also been really tired... But so far so good! 

• Moderators

1 egg is not enough protein. 3 or 4 is more appropriate. Eating soup for lunch after eating one egg at breakfast means you really are not getting enough to eat. You seriously need to increase the volume of food you are eating. Read through the meal template again for guidance:

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Thanks for your suggestions, Mr. Denham! I should have specified that the eggs were really big...probably 1.5-2 regular sized. I used to overeat so now I struggle with figuring out the appropriate food portions...I also have hypothyroidism which makes me gain weight pretty easily. 

Day 3 

Meal 1: omelet with spinach and mushrooms, 3.5 slices of bacon, apple

Meal 2: turkey vegetable soup, 1/2 avocado, apple

Snack: Larabar

I was traveling back to college from Thanksgiving break so my meals were not as substantial/"good" as they should have been...

My face is continuing to break out even more...probably a combination of the diet and stress of finals weeks.

Day 4

Meal 1: 1 egg, sauteed shredded sweet potato (1/4), 1/2 avocado

Meal 2: salad with raw broccoli, carrots, olives, 1 hard-boiled egg and sunflower seeds (no dressing because the dining hall was out of olive oil and vinegar), apple

Snack: pumpkin seeds

Meal 3: salad with raw broccoli, carrots, olives, hard-boiled egg with olive oil/vinegar, apple

Snack: orange

Eating in the dining hall was harder than I had anticipated...plus, with the stress of finals weeks, my appetite is pretty poor. Definetely looking forward to having more options at home, only a couple more days!

It looks like your portions are increasing, which is a good thing. When I first started this, I kept on thinking this is too much food. I would actually sit down for my next meal because it was time to eat, yet I was not hungry.

Remember fats, fats, fats... If you snack, proteins and fat. So boil some eggs, and eat them with home made mayo. But then if you eat enough at a given meal, you will see that no snacks are needed, certainly not a larabar.

If you eat fruits, eat them right after a meal, not as a snack. Otherwise your blood sugar will spike, and then drop on you giving you the feeling to be hungry. I know, for me it was lifelong habit to break, because since childhood, I had fruits for snacks.

Do you have a goal in mind for following this program? It helps with the accountability factor, and to stay focused on more important things than weight.

oh dear, this is not nearly enough food. one egg as your only protein at all three meals is NOT ENOUGH. Have you looked at the meal template?

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

I know, women are told they should eat bird portions and eating less is some kind of virtue in society, but the real truth is eating too little makes a person weak and sick. Eat enough to thrive, even if your appetite is poor. Sometimes, poor appetite is a sign of hormone disregulation, caused in part by not eating enough--it's a vicious cycle (the same hormone imbalance can also be a cause of acne...this doesn't strike me as a coincidence).

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as scolding here, but at the moment I'm worried about you. Please take better care of yourself by gradually increasing your meals to a full palm size of protein, a thumb of fat and 2-3 cups of vegetables...although in your case, the veggies look good! :) I might even reduce veggies a little if you need to make room to get your protein and fat up. After a few days (really! just a few days!) of eating better portions most people find their appetites start to match up better. 

Archived