Has anyone cheated and gotten on the scale??!

sunbaby

I totally cheated and got on the scale today. I just had to know!!! I have lost 10lbs since August 1!!!!! I couldn't believe it!! I can honestly say I didn't expect to lose that much. I really think it has a lot to do with my very limited amounts of fruit and nuts. I have relied mostly on meats, veggies, and healthy fats. I know I shouldn't have weighed myself but it was an exciting thing to see : )

I have...I just couldn't help it! I looked really skinny one day, and I had to know. For me, it's just more motivation to keep on track and restrict the things I know cause problems for me (fruit & dates), but I restarted my W30 yesterday and I'm going to force myself to avoid the scale this time around. Congrats on your 10lbs!!!

I am only on my second day and I'm already struggling with it. I weigh myself every morning, often more than once. I just wanted to see how the first day went - I usually have a big drop after the first day or two with low carb.

I may have to move the scale completely out of the house and not hust hidden in another bathroom!

Congrats on your ten pounds!!

When I did something like the whole30 (but less restrictive) back in Feb, I started out fairly restrained, then started getting on the scales every few days... then it became every day, which I don't think was such a good idea. The best test for me was clothes that started to fit better. As soon as I started weighing myself, I became a bit obsessed by how much I'd lost so quickly - and then when the weight loss started to really slow down, panicked that I had changed my diet somehow and was being 'less healthy'. In actual fact, that was probably my body regulating itself (so a good thing I spose) but I started then worrying about every little thing I put in my mouth!

Anyway this time around, I'm hoping to hold out until the end, and then going forwards try to get on the scales less (or even throw them away - how liberating!!), but I totally know what you mean - it's just too tempting when you're sure you've got some concrete results!

DaisyDaisy this is exactly why they say to leave it a full month before you get back on the scales. I too was a daily weigh in girl and I struggled in the beginning. It gets easier. And then it becomes a bit of a reward at the end of the 30 days to see what the magic number is.

Archived