After multiple attempts, I'm finally ready to start on again on Dec. 1!

zenzebra321

I first started my whole 30 in the beginning of November. The first two weeks were absolutely fantastic. I was on a roll and it seemed like nothing could stop me. I didn't see any physical changes just yet but I noticed I wasn't taking afternoon naps anymore and I just felt so much more happier knowing that my eating was under control. However, on day 21, something just set me off and I went crazy on sweets. I tried my best not to feel so disappointed or guilty but I was doing so well! And since then, I've been trying to restart every day since, but with thanksgiving and other bad excuses, I've always given into my old ways. 

I'm 20 years old, and I'm tired of feeling this way about myself, about food, about everything. I hope that with every day in my whole30 that I complete, I leave behind the unhealthy teenager I once was--where my mind indulged in endless hate, criticism, and negativity towards myself. I realize that I have a long way to go until I develop a healthy relationship with food and I am determined to keep trying because I believe in the whole30 and I believe it can heal my mind and body. It just at certain times, like when I get home from work especially, my years of using food to relieve stress catches up to me and everything goes down hill from there. But I believe with constant effort in the right direction, I will get to where I need to be. 

No excuses, no exceptions, no negotiations. I start tomorrow and I am absolutely determined to make it to day 30 this time.

:)

I'm in! No excuses, no exceptions, no negotiations! I'm in my 20s too and sick of the hold food has had on me and my life.... I just want to get away from the addictions, the guilt and the endless cycle of sugar, regret, guilt, promises, reward, sugar.... 

I too started my first Whole30 a few weeks ago but Thanksgiving was too hard for me... and the last few days have seen plenty of binges as i 'prepare' to start again. Today, I've managed to eat well and feel that this is the start of Whole30 #2 :)

Let's do this!  I thought about waiting until 01/01/15 to start (December is my b-day and Christmas, and who wants to give up all that deliciousness?) but yesterday, I knew I needed to get a jumpstart.  My husband and I went to a movie, and there was a Weight Watchers commercial, and there was a jingle in the commercial that goes "If you're ______ and you know it, eat a snack".  I thought it was hilarious, because I eating the occasional cookie when I'm sad/bored/happy/angry/tired/etc, but when my husband said that this commercial was made for me, it made me realize that maybe my emotional eating is a bigger problem than I thought.  

It's time to get back to a mentally healthy place, and to a physically healthy place.  Good luck everyone!

Archived