CrossFit 2x/day and pre&post workout meals

jockdoc3

Do you crossfit twice per day every day? or just some days? Are you a professional athlete or CF coach? Please give us some context for your choices: chances are good that less exercise might be the solution, not more food, but knowing more about your history would be helpful.

• 1 month later...

MissMary - I doubt you're going to convince any of us Crossfitters that LESS time in the gym is ever the answer! Ha! That being said, I don't know anyone at my box that goes twice per day on a regular basis. I'm not a coach, but I've heard them say they don't recommend people come every day.

JockDoc - I've read that weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% what you do. Not sure this is scientifically accurate, but the theory is true. If you eat a lot of carbs, fruit, nuts, avocado, olive oil, and meat you're not likely going to burn off any body fat since your body is working on burning off the meal. Focusing more on moderate portions of lean meat (chicken, fish) and dense and varied vegetables will help you burn body fat in the box.

I too am trying to lose weight and am an avid Crossfitter. It was a huge adjustment for me: two weeks of seeing serious backslide in my weights, then two weeks of working back up to where I was before the diet change. BUT THEN - it was PR heaven baby! I'm looking forward to more PR's towards the end of this month.

Another thing to consider for those that are Crossfitting and wishing to burn fat(assuming you're not currently following the Whole30 protocol) is the Zone application of primal eating. Zone follows primal guidelines but lays out the amounts for you. You can calculate what amounts of what food groups you need to be eating based on your activity level, your gender, height/weight, and your fitness goals. Jockdoc it sounds like you'd benefit from a zone diet with higher blocks, just Google the zone diet and read away!

Archived