The Marr family transformation :)

dmarr

Ok, day 0!! So I've got a week one meal plan set, and my grocery list made. I need to purge my kitchen still and get all the information printed off the website. I am glad that I read "It Starts With Food", I believe that it will help, since reading it I have a different view on food. I am nervous about beginning this, and

hope that I can keep my family on this. I know my husband will have a hard time because he snacks at work, so he will need to seriously plan his day out well, and my daughter is 5 and can be a picky eater... so much fun! haha. As for me I'm pregnant and have a history of GD so that is my motivation to eat right because I need to keep my diet in check. After I complete this Whole 30 we are going to change to paleo. Can't wait. I go grocery shopping today as well.

Thank you!

Day 0 still:  So kitchen and pantry are officially cleaned right out! I must say the hardest things to get rid of for me was the gallon of milk and the vanilla extract! LOL. Now that that's over and groceries are done we are ready to begin tomorrow. I haven't been able to find any bacon tho, all of it has added brown sugar or phosphates, I'm going to call the butcher tomorrow and look into getting meat directly from them. Aside from that I can't wait for tomorrow.... I'm cautiously optimistic, and I've been planning and prepping well. I have breakfast made (it's a apple bumpkin bake casserole) and lunch as well so tomorrow should start off smoothly. I think the only challenge will be the coffee with out creamer, it's really part of my routine.

Day 1: so breakfast was a hit in the house! My kids are eating the apple bumpkin bake without a complaint. I'm drinking my coffee with coconut milk, and it's ok. It's not bad at all really, but I never messed with sugar aside from what was in my creamer. I'm concerned that my husband will stay on track more than anything right now lol. I feel good so far, ouch is ready to go. It's savory sausage and cabbage, dish! As for dinner I have a meatloaf cake and herb and lemon asparagus, sounds good. Now if only every day could be this easy...

Good morning day 2~!! Yesterday ended well with the meatloaf cake. I have found that I am really hungry all the time so I am adding more fat to my meals to try to curb my hunger. I am having half an avocado with breakfast, I am hungry but just don't want to eat. Lunch is going to be shooting from the hip today since I don't have enough left overs from dinner. I'm thinking I'm going to have some hard boiled eggs with sausage and the other half of the avocado I'm eating now. Luckily my "hangover" hasn't seem to pop up yet, I'm waiting for it tho... lol. In the past I have done ketogenic diets and the carb flu only lasted me about 2 days before I would feel better so I'm hoping maybe my body is used to it and is going to transition away from the crap food easily. Either way I will be back to update soon with how my day went. OH! Last night to end off my evening I had a glass of yogi tension calming tea, what a great relaxation, i think i will make this my evening routine from now on.

Day 3: yesterday ended well, the only bad part was I made pulled pork and the BBQ sauce I made was WAYYYYY too spicy for us so we used it sparingly... Lol.

Today I feel ok, maybe a little headache in the back of my head, will had his headache yesterday. Looking forward to the day, should go easy enough, I think we are doing pretty great with it, I also found a great tea for the evenings, twinnings tea bedtime calm. It has a great flavor, I'll be sipping on that before bed for a while I think.

Day 4: So last night my husband saved me, I was so angry and frustrated over nothing that I couldn't handle the thought of making dinner.... so he stepped in and made dinner... It turns out we are a great team! This whole 30 is making our marriage stronger while also making our bodies stronger. Today has been good, I found compliant bacon!!!!!!!! Breakfast was good but I find i really don't like chorizo, or any kind of sausage for that matter. Thank goodness I found that bacon... lol. Hopefully things will begin to get easier as far as cravings go. I was in the grocery store today and saw chocolate covered pretzels and almost died! It was an effort to walk away, but I did it. One minute at a time, like my husband said we quit smoking we can do anything... 

Day 5 and going strong! I feel good today, I'm thinking and hoping that day 3 was and will be my worst day and every day after is going to get better, at least that's how I've felt so far. I am not doing any major physical activities right now, I feel like I should but with maintaining a two story house with a 9 month old home with me all day I feel I get some work in... lol. I'm going to try my hand at making some mayo today, I'd like to have tuna or maybe some egg salad today with my lunch. I really hope it comes out ok. 

I noticed you still talk about "breakfast"... Think of it as meal 1 and all association to what you typically used to eat for brekkie will vanish. Don't like chorizo? What about preparing a big pot of home made bolo? You can serve it over several days as meal 1, with some veggies or yams

Archived