Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

Looking forward to joining in too! This is my second whole 30. My first was more like a whole 27 - came to a fast end when I had eye surgery and we had a death in the family - I couldn't see to cook and with funeral arrangements etc, well anyway - I am looking forward to a full 30 days this time! Planning on grocery shopping and menu planning tomorrow. Looking forward to sweet potato hash w fried egg for breakfasts - one of the best foods I found last time. Yummy! I got a veggeti for Christmas so I'm looking forward to trying zucchini noodles too. :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished my first Whole 30 today and I'm starting round two tomorrow. I have Lyme disease so I'm sticking with this as long as possible. I'll be doing a low histamine, AIP, no fruit Whole 30.

Good luck, everyone!

I'm starting my first Whole 30 tomorrow - eek! Excited but also a bit apprehensive - organising myself and making a recipe journal today! Have had a difficult few months with a failed IVF cycle (our first) in the summer so I'm determined to get myself in the best health I can before round two - i haven't been able to find anyone to join me in the challenge so am so glad to have all you guys here on the forum for encouragement and inspiration!

Hello all! I am new to the Whole30 and planning to start tomorrow. I first heard about the program over the summer from a friend. I considered trying it then but decided to do a green smoothie thing instead. I'm going to start tomorrow so I have four full days under my belt and a process in place before heading back to school next week from winter break. (I'm a teacher.)

I'm currently trying to plan meals and shopping lists. There is so much information!

HI! I'm starting my first Whole30 Jan 1!  Excited to begin-a little less prepared then what I had hoped, kind of a last minute decision after a week in Puerto Rico eating bread and fried foods galore. But I am generally 70/30 paleo, so hoping this will just be a swift kick in the butt back into healthy eating!

I did my first whole30 in May. I'm doing it again for the month of Jan. but decided not to wait. I'm on day three of what will probably be a whole60.  If you haven't signed up for the daily newsletter I highly recommend it......a word of advise, keep it simple.  I love to cook so I jumped right in with cookbooks, fancy ingredients and started following a LOT of paleo food bloggers...........and quickly became overwhelmed. What I discovered it that the way I cook could be easily modified and that I didn't need to start from scratch (pot roast is just as good with a thin broth).  good luck, eveyone!

Planning to start tomorrow, with the hopes of feeling more energy, better skin, lose some fat, improve athletic performance, sleep better, and live longer!  Sugar addiction is a real problem for me (and my 9 year old daughter also).  My schedule will be a big challenge, as well as cooking for a 9 year old also, though since I have made many delicious Paleo recipes before, I know she will eat most of them.  I am planning to do much meal prep on the weekends, but hoping to get lots of tips from others, as well as support when I know my cravings and weak willpower will be plaguing me.  Good luck everyone.

Hello all! I am starting Whole30 on January 1, as well. My preparations have included reading about the program, collecting Whole30 approved recipes on Pinterest and stocking up on food items. I'm planning to keep things pretty simple -- mostly grilled fish and chicken and meats, along with big salads and roasted veggies. I'm going to make a couple of big batches of soup that I can freeze in containers and take to work with me for lunches. I'm still working on snack ideas. I have veggies that I've cut into sticks, and I bought raw almonds and cashews while at Trader Joe's. I've found a couple of hummus recipes that do not use chickpeas.

I think my biggest hurdle is going to be that I am the only one in my household doing Whole30, though my husband and stepchildren already eat a fair amount of grilled chicken and veggies. So maybe it won't be so bad. I always try to make "traditional" recipes healthier, like substituting organic and sugar free ingredients and using grass fed meats. But there are still some noncompliant foods in my refrigerator and pantry. I can't throw them out like I would if I were single. Oh, well. Glad to have a forum for some support through the next month.

I am starting my Whole30 on January 1st.  I have been eating clean and mostly paleo for about 8-weeks, but I want to kick start my athletic performance and take my eating to the next level. 

I would love to have support if anyone else is interested.  I am the only person in my family eating this way right now.  As a working mom this will probably be challenging. 

I also CrossFit 4-5 times a week.  Any suggestions will be appreciated! 

Hello all! I am starting Whole30 on January 1, as well. My preparations have included reading about the program, collecting Whole30 approved recipes on Pinterest and stocking up on food items. I'm planning to keep things pretty simple -- mostly grilled fish and chicken and meats, along with big salads and roasted veggies. I'm going to make a couple of big batches of soup that I can freeze in containers and take to work with me for lunches. I'm still working on snack ideas. I have veggies that I've cut into sticks, and I bought raw almonds and cashews while at Trader Joe's. I've found a couple of hummus recipes that do not use chickpeas.

I think my biggest hurdle is going to be that I am the only one in my household doing Whole30, though my husband and stepchildren already eat a fair amount of grilled chicken and veggies. So maybe it won't be so bad. I always try to make "traditional" recipes healthier, like substituting organic and sugar free ingredients and using grass fed meats. But there are still some noncompliant foods in my refrigerator and pantry. I can't throw them out like I would if I were single. Oh, well. Glad to have a forum for some support through the next month.

I have the same limitation runnerchik, with non whole30 foods around I try to make sure I always have a "go to" food if I get tempted. Raw veg or even some fruit. I also keep cold water in my fridge as I find this can divert me from a craving, especially when the weather is cold. Good luck. 

I am beginning Whole 30 January 1st, but I'm not sure about my family. I have been studying the book, recipes, support sites and trying to get my family interested in this new way of life. Sugar has been out of my diet for almost a week. I decided to try to make it easier on myself by giving up that one thing. 

My teenage boys are willing, but my husband seems grumpy about the whole thing. I figure if I made some really tasty things to eat, he may change his mind. He's convinced he can't lose weight. 

For me, I am making the change for my health. I'm not young anymore and I only have one body, so I better take better care of it. I've been plagued with aches and pains associated with age (I'm thinking inflammation is the real culprit)  I have hip pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, I digress...  I have many reasons aside from weight loss for wanting to make this lifestyle change.  

I've always felt better when I avoided gluten/grains and won't miss those things one bit. I LOVE wine and cheese though, but I can do without for a month.

My mom recently gave up smoking after being a smoker for 53 years. If she can do that, I can most certainly do this. She is my inspiration.

Good Luck To Everyone

Linda

I am beginning Whole 30 January 1st, but I'm not sure about my family. I have been studying the book, recipes, support sites and trying to get my family interested in this new way of life. Sugar has been out of my diet for almost a week. I decided to try to make it easier on myself by giving up that one thing. 

My teenage boys are willing, but my husband seems grumpy about the whole thing. I figure if I made some really tasty things to eat, he may change his mind. He's convinced he can't lose weight. 

For me, I am making the change for my health. I'm not young anymore and I only have one body, so I better take better care of it. I've been plagued with aches and pains associated with age (I'm thinking inflammation is the real culprit)  I have hip pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, I digress...  I have many reasons aside from weight loss for wanting to make this lifestyle change.  

I've always felt better when I avoided gluten/grains and won't miss those things one bit. I LOVE wine and cheese though, but I can do without for a month.

My mom recently gave up smoking after being a smoker for 53 years. If she can do that, I can most certainly do this. She is my inspiration.

Good Luck To Everyone

Linda

Linda, your post resonates with me. I too like wine and cheese. I have been gluten free for well over a year, but find it hard to give up a glass of wine. My aches and pains are much less without gluten. I am doing a whole60 to see if they go completely with a few more restrictions before reintroducing bit by bit. Good luck to you too. xxx

I will be starting my Whole30 tomorrow with the rest of you! I attempted a Whole30 a couple of months ago, but didn't prepare for it the way I should have and caved after a week. I officially put my money where my mouth is and joined the Facebook group as well. Happy New Year!

Archived