Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

Hiii!

This will be my 3rd (or so) whole30! I am starting today and my boyfriend is starting when his flight lands at home tomorrow. We started off today with a four egg omlette with compliant sausage, onion, spinach, and green tea. It will feel so nice to start over again after a somewhat hectic holiday season.

Happy New Youuu New Year!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in on January 1, 2015. This is also the first day of a 100-day Wellness Challenge at work, so the timing is perfect! Former fitness freak (runner, cyclist, gym rat) who fell down a rabbit hole nine years ago and am just now crawling out. Sick and tired of being sick and tired, AND spending all these years beating myself up for falling down in the hole!! I need everyone's love and support here. Im 56 and need to RESET. For. Real.

Actually, stevia is not allowed on the Whole30. No sugar or sweetener is compliant in any amounts - sorry.

Here is a link to the full program rules, for your reference.

Hi GFChris Whoops! Thank you - i guess i saw what i wanted to see in the rules :)) NO stevia. DOWN stevia, NO! I have to talk to my temptations like that. NO! Roll over. Play dead!  

A little fruit sweetener is ok then, right? :D I just looked up the Official Can I Have Guide and mayan does it help. You can have coffee! Yaaaaaayy!

I've discovered baked apple with cinnamon for breakfast. Yum!

HNY!

I'm in on January 1, 2015. This is also the first day of a 100-day Wellness Challenge at work, so the timing is perfect! Former fitness freak (runner, cyclist, gym rat) who fell down a rabbit hole nine years ago and am just now crawling out. Sick and tired of being sick and tired, AND spending all these years beating myself up for falling down in the hole!! I need everyone's love and support here. Im 56 and need to RESET. For. Real.

I can relate to where you are coming from. :) Good luck, you did it before, you can do it again. Forgive yourself for the blip inbetween. You will be back!

Beating ourselves really hurts huh. I do that too - most of us do - but have learned to catch it and write it down. That brings the monster out of the rabbit hole and LO it's just a creepy little rabbit with pink eyes. Time for rabbit stew (Sorry if you're a vegetarian).

I'm 50. Sometimes I'm 50 going on 13.

Let's have some Whole 30 Fun!

That's my new motto.

Hello! 
My name is Emily. I am starting today as well (January 1st, 2015). This is my first time doing the Whole30. Looking for much support as I assume this will be a pretty difficult 30 days for me. I am really hoping to turn this into a whole new lifestyle.

My husband and I are starting our first Whole30 today, Jan. 1 as well.  We are a little behind on getting our planning/prep into gear, but we have a few days off of work to figure this out at the beginning to not let us fail.  Excited to see how this changes our perspective in on food! 

I would also love to be added to the Facebook group! My name on FB is Sarah Elizabeth

Lucy, you CAN do this! Life has a funny way of getting in the way of our best intentions, whether it be stress from family, illness, work, etc. The important thing is that you're here now and making a positive change. You're going to kick butt at your 100 day challenge!

On board to start today! (1/1/15) Just learned about the Whole30 a week ago... nervous and excited to give it a try. My husband will be doing it with me, which will make it easier...but still have a 14 year old and 16 year old who right now have no interest. (but they both said they would try what we make so that's a start :) )

Just a warning about dates - I find they really keep sugar cravings going for me. Mind you, I can't talk, went to a friends place for bbq last night and I think I overdid it on the pineapple.

Interesting somebody mentioned coming to whole30 from primal, I was primal before my first whole30, and I never guessed that dairy was a problem until I tried to reintroduce it.

On to day 2! Best of luck everyone

I had my first meal this morning, and I am already having to restart. I had a couple of hard boiled eggs, a few almonds and a green salad. My screw up was in my dressing. I have been using an avocado oil mixed with a raspberry blush vinegar and it tastes really good. It's something I have mixed in a glass container already. But after I ate it, I decided to check the vinegar and lo and behold, sulfites. I was momentarily bummed out, but will continue to eat compliant the rest of the day and start the whole30 officially again tomorrow. The lesson I learned is to check everything BEFORE putting it in my mouth.

Hello, I am beginning my Whole30 journey today!  I have cleaned out my cabinets, taken my before shots, and my measurements, and have been reading a lot today to prepare myself.  I am really looking forward to a happier, healthier, leaner, and more energetic self in 30 days.  

a little fruit sweetener is ok then, right? :D I just looked up the Official Can I Have Guide and mayan does it help. You can have coffee! Yaaaaaayy!

I've discovered baked apple with cinnamon for breakfast. Yum!

HNY!

Fruit juice used for a sweetener in cooking is ok.

On the apple for breakfast, while compliant, for best results the recommendation is to follow the meal template of protein, vegetables and fat at every meal.

Fruit juice used for a sweetener in cooking is ok.

On the apple for breakfast, while compliant, for best results the recommendation is to follow the meal template of protein, vegetables and fat at every meal.

Thank you GF Chris. I ended up having eggs over kale as well after my initial baked apples. A most nutritious breakfast. 

Question on how often to eat - I'm finding that eating a large dinner doesn't work for me right now so am trying to eat three smaller meals in aft for a total of fourish meals during the day.  Is that compliant?

Archived