Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

I finished!

I'm down 11 pounds total, my muffin top is GONE, my skin is clear, and I'm sleeping amazingly well. 

I took a bite of my husband's donut this morning and had to spit it out, it was so crazy sweet.  I'm thinking about starting another Whole30 tomorrow.  I feel so great, I'd like to keep it going.  :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woooow We Did It! What a way to start off the new year! 

I feel an incredible sense of eye-opening accomplishment - and as I've said before - only the beginning! Feels so good to be on track, a trajectory into Health and Wellbeing and Living! I've lost an inch in my thighs and belly!!!  SO so Grateful.  

Mumontherun - YOU ROCK! Keep on! 

YAY Jayelle, Sunflour, MartaK, LeaC, Kirkor, Poukiebear, Sunsoakeddreamer, Mumontherun and all who can measure results, feel the difference, and say I Did It!!  

And that cold that hit me this week! It's GONE. GONE, I tell you! After just one full day of rest, (instead of a week or two or three) I'm feeling healthy, energetic. That's something different. 

See you all in Reintro forum! xoxob

drtracyb, good of you to check in and announce your intentions - you'll nail it this time (you already know how to do it and what pitfalls to look out for!

Sunflour - great to hear you feel so good. Don't forget to jump over to the re-intro thread when you're at Day 31ish...

Yes, I'll be checking in there for sure, but I'm carrying on for a Whole45 for the time being...

Official re-intro would have you wait 2 days before trying the rice, since it can take more than just the rest of the single day to have things settle down from the dairy. Granted, rice is relatively benign in the scheme of things, but read the linked page and make the call.

Yes, I know about the official rules regarding re-intro but I'm just doing things my way. I pretty much know that wheat and dairy don't agree with me that much so I wasn't planning on re-introducing them. The cheese was a silly mistake and my gut proved that. I'd planned on re-introducing brown rice and legumes over the next couple of weeks then red wine on Valentines Day. Food with sugar, wheat and dairy will be 'once in a while' foods for me.

• Administrators

Day 31: So....as my official Whole30 was up....this morning I decided to add a teeny tiny bit of cheddar to my Huevos Rancheros breakfast (made with onion, compliant chorizo sausage, tinned tomatoes & fried egg - yum!). And the gastrointestinal issues that occurred shortly afterwards made me realise that cheese is NOT worth it!!! The rest of the day will be compliant to let my gut heal from the dairy shock!!! Tomorrow I'm going to try brown rice! Will post my results tomorrow too.

You may want to wait a couple days in between as the dairy could still be biting you tomorrow and then you won't know for sure how you react to rice.

• Administrators

Yes, I know about the official rules regarding re-intro but I'm just doing things my way. I pretty much know that wheat and dairy don't agree with me that much so I wasn't planning on re-introducing them. The cheese was a silly mistake and my gut proved that. I'd planned on re-introducing brown rice and legumes over the next couple of weeks then red wine on Valentines Day. Food with sugar, wheat and dairy will be 'once in a while' foods for me.

Haha, didn't get all the way through to see that you already discussed this with Kirkor. I gave you the same "wait a bit longer in between" advice but of course you're free to do your own thing. :)

I've done 2 whole30s before this one, so I'm not a complete newbie. I finished this whole30 2 days ago (and messed up my fodmap attempt).

My results this whole30 were pretty underwhelming. I don't feel any better, I am slightly improved at telling the difference between hungry and snackity, but that's about it. My fodmap symptoms seem to be taking yonks to clear up, and i don't have the mental fortitude to see that through right now. Much to my apprehension, I plan to take a break from the forum, and from thinking about food, and just relax and work on some of the non food factors of wellness. (i took an apricot rather than a banana from my friends fruit bowl today, living dangerously!).

Thank you all for your help, ill see you when I return!

Haha, didn't get all the way through to see that you already discussed this with Kirkor. I gave you the same "wait a bit longer in between" advice but of course you're free to do your own thing. :)

Thanks....I do appreciate your advice and that of Kirkor. I have read ISWF 3 times so I know all about the re-into rules but I also know my body really well. Sugar, wheat and dairy are not my friends even though I often craved these things before whole 30. I know that brown rice and legumes are fine for me. I did Whole30 in part to beat my cravings for sugar, wheat, dairy and most of all alcohol. It has really helped me to do that. I was never 100% sure that brown rice and legumes were necessary for me to cut out but I did so in order to be 100% compliant with the Whole30. I feel pretty confident that I can re-intro them without issues. 

Hi Everyone!!!

So I did the Whole30 in full this time (3rd time lucky for me - 1st =18 days, 2nd = 10 days) and I am so glad that I stuck with it. I wanted to beat my emotional eating, my excessive drinking and just give my body a much needed re-set! I'm so proud that I stuck with it this time and even when I was having a bad day I didn't turn to alcohol or carbs to stuff down my feelings. I've run the gauntlet of every emotion throughout this month, from joy to boredom to anger....and everything in-between....and I've just felt the emotions and dealt with them. It's made me much stronger and it's helped me to deal with my anxiety and depression. I am in control for the first time in years.

The physical effects have been fabulous too - I have more energy in the day, my exercise sessions have got better, I sleep much better at night and my skin, hair & nails are visibly healthier. I've also lost weight and toned up which is another reason I wanted to do this. It's been an amazing kickstart to 2015 for me.

I love numbers so here are my stats:

Height: 5'5"

Jan 1st -

Weight: 181lbs

BMI: 30.2

Body Fat: 42.3%

Chest: 41"

Waist: 36"

Belly: 43.5"

Hips: 43.5"

Thigh: 24"

Calf: 16"

Upper Arm: 13"

Neck: 15"

Feb 1st -

Weight: 167.5lbs (down 13.5lbs)

BMI: 27.9 (down 2.3 points)

Body Fat: 37.5% (down 4.8%)

Chest: 39" (down 2")

Waist: 33.5" (down 2.5")

Belly: 38" (down 5.5")

Hips: 40.5" (down 3")

Thigh: 23.5" (down 0.5" each, ie, 1" total)

Calf: 15.5" (down 0.5" each, ie, 1" total)

Upper Arm: 12.5" (down 0.5" each, ie, 1" total)

Neck: 14" (down 1")

Total inch loss = 17"

I am leaving this thread and going over to the February re-into thread. Thanks for your support and advice everyone!!! Good Luck to those of you who are still on Whole30 and are continuing!

Hi Everyone!!!

So I did the Whole30 in full this time (3rd time lucky for me - 1st =18 days, 2nd = 10 days) and I am so glad that I stuck with it. I wanted to beat my emotional eating, my excessive drinking and just give my body a much needed re-set! I'm so proud that I stuck with it this time and even when I was having a bad day I didn't turn to alcohol or carbs to stuff down my feelings. I've run the gauntlet of every emotion throughout this month, from joy to boredom to anger....and everything in-between....and I've just felt the emotions and dealt with them. It's made me much stronger and it's helped me to deal with my anxiety and depression. I am in control for the first time in years.

Great work mumontherun, I can relate (we sound very similar but you exercise more than I do - LOL)! See you on the other forum...

Congratulations on finishing strong everyone! I am jumping into the February 1 start group. I think I can manage the nausea by keeping food ready at all times. It seems worse when it's mealtime. Good luck on your re-intros!

Wow. Great success mumontherun. I am so happy and greatful of all the people on this forum. Thank you.

I am a 48 yr. old, 5'5" ,female.

January

Weight 207

Bust 45

Waist 39 3/4

Hips 42 3/4

Widest part of hips 45

Neck 15 3/4

I also measured my knees,arms, and thighs.

February

Weight 192.5 (-14.5 lbs)

Bust 44.5 (-1/2")

Waist 38 1/4 (-1/2")

Hips 42 (-3/4")

Widest part of hips 43 1/2 (-2 1/2")

Neck 14 5/8 (-1 1/8")

So grand total with knees, arms and thighs is - -6 5/8" gone. Never to be seen again!

I have been on this weight loss journey since June 2014 and weighed in at 247.5. There was a couple events that finally woke me up of how fat I was becoming. I am on this weight loss journey for me, so I can be healthy, I can be happy, so I can fit into those dam airplane, theater and movie seats. I am just so tired of all the baggage that comes with excessive weight. I want to be able to move again.

I am so glad to have had the opportunity to do the Whole30 challenge. It opened the door to a civil conversation about food around our dinner table and at the grocery store, those beautiful teachable moments. I am teaching my kids by quietly choosing the right foods and their noticing the results. Mom has more energy, mom is happier, mom is easier to talk to, mom is laughing, mom is sewing again. Thank you for that Whole30.

I will be continuing on with the Whole 30 program through February.

-Kelly

What have I learned/gained/lost:
  • Dexa scan - lost about 5lbs, and some shifting of bodyfat to lean. Lost 2% of body fat (4lbs, from 34% to 32%) gained 4lbs trunk lean mass (yay Yoga!). Lost 0.5lb belly fat and 1lb hip fat. Measured on 12/18 and 1/31. 
  • That I can go 30 days without beer or any alcohol (or any substitutions like pot-reminder that it is legal here in CO) and a) it won't kill me, B) it's not *that* hard, c) I do miss it, but not at the level I was consuming.  
  • That I am mostly a fat-burner, meaning I don't get too hungry if I don't eat for several hours past normal time. Yay! 
  • I think my BP went down as well.  I wasn't taking regular measurements but in general, my diastolic was kinda borderline high from time to time.  But the last few times I've measured, it was consistently <80 which is good. 
  • That I will plan on doing this every January as a reset for everything.  It's good discipline.

47 year old healthy female who enjoys eating out, a lot. Was eating mostly paleo for the past year or two anyway (aside from the beer- I am a certified judge/beer geek) so nothing earth-shattering about my results, but that's ok.  I've attempted W30 twice before but got derailed during business travel. However, this time, it was "convenient" that I got laid off at end of Dec, so it was easier to focus more on shopping and cooking/eating at home.  Cheaper, too!  

Re-intro will pretty much only be fermented items, beer and cheese/yogurt/keffir.   Not at the same time!  

Congrats to all and see you on the other thread-Dawn

Congrats on everyone who made it to day 30! 

We're feeling good and heading into reintroduction now. I actually gained 2 pounds (which I'd just consider a wash) but I wasn't trying to lose. I haven't measured but it doesn't feel like any of my measurements changed. Mr. didn't have a strict whole 30, but probably 27 days out of 30, and looks and says he feels thinner (though he didn't get a starting weight). I've tackled my grazing/snacking habit for the most part, amazed that I can survive on 3 square meals when I usually relied on 2 to 3 snacks between my meals or after dinner. Mr. is a terrible sleeper, and did see an improvement in sleep quality, but still had some sleepless nights. I also feel much more in control of my sugar dragon, and Mr. of his beer dragon lol.

I completed this whole 30 and I have been just still eating the same since the 30th. Haven't done any reintroducing yet. I never had a real big boost of energy and still have some skin issues but feel pretty good on the food plan. I am thinking about continuing for a few more weeks to see if the benefits just have not quite kicked in for me yet. My thing is to just relax the no snack rule a little. I was very strictly doing 3 meals and no snacks so I figured the next two weeks I will keep the food compliant but not stress about an occasional compliant snack, and start reintroduction mid-month. I haven't been actively posting much on here but have enjoyed following this thread when I've had time. It helped knowing there were others doing a January Whole30.

I also finished the Whole30 successfully!!  I lost 10 lbs. in 30 days, I feel great and my allergies and asthma symptoms have improved to where I won't really need to use the inhaler and other medications unless it is absolutely needed.  My skin cleared up, I sleep better, I have more energy in the mornings upon waking up and throughout the day and getting tired in the evening time as our body should be.  

I will be moving on to re-introduce some non-compliant foods to see how I feel.  I have learned a lot in the last 30 days from the program and from everyone on the forum and thank you for the support that was provided and the encouragement and the teamwork!  I congratulate everyone who have completed the program or continuing beyond the Whole30.  I plan on incorporating Paleo lifestyle for good.

So great to see all these successful reports! I've read that it's easier to stick to a goal when you have a support network, and I think these forums really prove that to be the case. It's definitely motivating and inspiring to see the great things people are doing for themselves and their health!

2012-04-05-a-high-five.png

Archived