Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

I would be keen on a fitness challenge, but I won't be exercising hard every day because I don't believe that's best for my body.  

I will aim to do one HIIT session, one calisthenics session, and 2 sports training sessions per week.

I've changed my mind regarding FODMAP's in January. I am going away near the start of Feb, and I don't want to waste time I could be doing reintroductions, so if I have 3 symptom-free days, I will be eating high-fodmap foods, while staying within whole-30 template. (Broccoli and cabbage, I've missed you so!)

I do a weekly meal prep on saturday or sunday, and will be keeping this up through the whole30. I've started prepping hubby paleo lunches as well, (shh, don't tell him it's paleo lol) so my aim is to be able to keep this up

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I will be starting the Whole 30 January 1st as well! I recently had my yearly physical and my BP is high, I have endometriosis, digestive issues, I'm always tired, and am about 30 lbs overweight. I know it will be rough but I need to invest in my health.

I hope to find support within this community!

count me in! this will be my 2nd Whole30 - first one was this past january (2014). it's really hard, and also totally awesome (though as a doc i have to say that i strongly disagree with potatoes being ok). anyway, really looking forward to this round! i'm doing this one keto - who wants to join in on that?

AIP = Autoimmune Protocol. It is like a whole30, only even more restrictive. On AIP, you can't eat nightshades (potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes, all peppers/chiles and chile-based spices) nuts, berry-based spices (black pepper, allspice) or seeds (or seed-based spices), eggs, dairy (not even ghee), plus all the usual stuff is out like grains, legumes, processed sugars, additives and junk in processed foods. Dr. Sarah Ballantyne has a book called The Paleo Approach that explains it all, and her website, thepaleomom.com has lots of info as well, including articles about why different foods are elminiated. 

I have psoriasis, which is why I'm doing AIP. Thankfully, I've been able to reintroduce eggs, black pepper, pecans and hazelnuts once in a while, and some occasional dairy.

Vain,
What is AIP?

I changed my display name from 2babies2kidsmom. I know most of you don't know me yet, but I thought you could update the roster kirkor. It was just 2long2type! So now I'll go by Dem.

I would like to try a keto whole30 but that sounds hard. I would like to follow along on your thread though.

Is there an official Whole30 facebook group? I searched on facebook, but came up with several of them, not sure if any are official, or if they are all user-made, unofficial ones.

Nevermind, I found it by reading earlier posts :)

Hello everyone.  I'm planning on doing a W60 starting with the new year.  I just completed my first W30 a couple of weeks ago, but I've been on a complete sugar bender since then and I already feel icky.  I'm hoping the longer duration the second time around will help my lacking impulse-control around sugar, grease, and bad carbs.  Cut off one head of the sugar dragon and three more have appeared.  But maybe I'll finally kill that reptile the second time around.

I'm in for my first Whole 30 in January.  I ate pretty clean paleo in 2013 and the beginning of 2014.  I looked at felt great, but then life got a little crazy, crap crept into my diet, and I'm somewhere back in the vicinity of square one. 

When I lived by myself, clean eating is no problem because the unhealthy stuff never made it into my house.  But the new wrinkle in my life is a partner with 3 kids at home.  I hope that my Whole 30 and eating paleo will influence them, but in the meantime I'll be doing the Whole 30 with a lot of SAD foods in the house.  I've been moving my diet back toward paleo in preparation for the Whole 30, but I know I'll be challenged by the availability of sugar.

Hello All!!

I want to start the whole 30 on January 1st as well.  This will be my second, but first successful attempt.  I tried last year and I did good for about a 10 days until I realized that the lime juice I was using for salads had sulfite in it and then I decided to start over but I could never get back on after that.  I'm really excited to start again and be successful this time around!!

Please add me to the Facebook group.  My name is Anapaula Ojeda.  My Facebook picture is me and my fiancé in his army uniform.

I will appreciate all of the support and look forward to this journey with all of you :)

Awsome Im starting on the first as well, I decided that if I committed to the first then I wouldnt start with the mind set of putting it off, Im really bad when it comes to putting things off I usually dont get back to them. Well I requested to join the group hope we all make it through and feel great. This will be my first time trying the whole30

Hi everyone! This will be my second Whole 30. My first one was in June 2014. My main purpose of this is to realign my diet after the holidays and to get rid of some excess hormonal weight.

I have a wedding coming up in May and I need to make sure I can fit into my dress! :D

I'm planning on starting the 1st!  So excited to see such a great community for support!

I have the tendency to get into "health kicks" and go from being very careful about what I eat to throwing it all to the wind and pigging out.  I'm hoping that this will help keep me on track and get me past my sugar cravings since I have a notorious sweet tooth!  I'm getting married the end of April and I'm planning on using this as a jumpstart to get my diet clean so I can look and feel my best on our big day.  I've even gotten my fiance on board (although I think he's going to be cheating with dairy.  I can't see him giving up his beloved milk!)

The thing I'm most anxious about for this is the no alcohol.  We are very social and a lot of our social events focus around going to one of the many local breweries and trying new beers.  I've already started warning that I am most likely going to become a homebody. I'd rather not put myself in the position to be tempted and cheat.  Also, I have a birthday in January, so I'm going to have to be clear with my family that I want to stay home and have a healthy family meal instead of celebrating at a restaurant as usual.

I can't wait to try new recipes!  I love to cook and am looking forward to getting suggestions from others.  @Kim.C, I see that you mention a Facebook group as well, and I'd love to join that!  I'm not quite at Crossfit level of fitness, but I go to the gym 3-5 times a week and do quite a bit of strength training, so I'd like to see everyone's suggestions on getting enough protein.

Can't wait to get this started!

I'll be starting my Whole30 on January 2, 2015.

On August 1, 2014 I changed the way I eat; I went "loose" paleo. I stick pretty close to straight-up paleo most of the time, but have the occasional "cheat" meal where rice noodles, or a hamburger bun, or a slice of cheese, appear on my plate and make their way into my belly. Despite the slackness, I've managed to lose 40 pounds since I started. My fasting blood sugar dropped from "Congratulations - you've just become a diabetic" to the top of the "high normal, not pre-diabetic" range. (That was my trigger for making a change in the first place; that fasting blood sugar number spiked in the past year, and my physician had some very scary words for me. Something about "nasty, brutish, and short".) I have a long way yet to go, though; dropping another 50 pounds would probably get me off my BP meds.

Everyone's reason for doing Whole30 is different, near as I can tell; I read all seven pages of messages on this thread before posting. For me, I need the "reset button" effect more than anything else. Doing "lazy man's paleo" has helped me drop weight, sure, but the bloating and constipating and general "icky" feelings that come and go may be caused by my occasional cheats; the only way for me to know is to go clean for 30 days, get all of that out of my system, and then (maybe) re-introduce things carefully to see which non-paleo food is getting my guts all knotted.

I've asked to join the FB group; see you there (and here, probably) in January.

Archived