Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

I'm in for early January start! Either the 2nd or the 5th (because it's a Monday). This will be my 2nd Whole30, I completed my first in November. I can't wait to join you all! I send a request to join the FB group too. My name is Caitlin Daniels Israel. Thanks!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 60+ people, our group of "January Joiners" is bound to be unwieldy. Some of us will likely have our own logs, some will hang out mostly on the Facebook group, and some may fall off the wagon and just stop reading and/or posting.

BUT!

I think it's important to keep coming online and checking in however you can.  We've got a good mix of veterans and first-timers here, and so we've got a lot to share and learn from each other.  If this thread gets to 100 pages, that'd be pretty cool!

bkK3GI6.jpg

Can't wait!  My kids and I have been paleo for over a year with intermittent Whole30s.  My kids are first graders.  Yesterday we went to Legoland and I packed a compliant lunch.  Our guests convinced us to eat noncompliant food in the park rather than walk back to our car for our picnic lunch.  On the way home, my  year-old daughter talked about how much better she would have felt if she had just stuck to the "healthy diet" rather than eat the stuff in the park. Score!

Can't wait until January.  Ima eating a little too much Christmas candy .......

I hope people do post here and not just the FB page.  I did a whole30 last January and it was one of my most successful and fun because of the large group of supportive people.

I would like to join the Facebook group too-just sent a request. My husband and I are starting January 1st. I go back and forth between being excited and wanting to DRINK ALL THE BEER. I love craft beer, but think I need a break from it. 

Tried a Whole30 this summer, but got derailed after a week due to car-buying stress. The first week was surprisingly easy though. 

I'm in! I'm totally new to Whole30 and very scared/excited to do this. I'm going to need a lot of support and accountability. I'm at home with a 2 and 3 year old AND my hubby is out of town until the end of January. So, it won't be easy. I want to do Whole30 - not because I have much weight to lose (although that's a perk) - but because I've had a break out of hives EVERY DAY since August (except for 6 days...those were great days). I think it was caused by medication, but it just won't go away. So, I hope this will help. I can't imagine what's it's going to be like giving up things like wine, bread, and cheese, but I know the results will be worth it. Thanks for setting up this forum! I just joined the FB page too. Let's do this thing!!!

I'm planning on starting January 1st as well.  My youngest son (14), was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis last summer, after many, many hospital stays.  While I'm doing this to be healthier, I'm hoping the Whole30 will be a start at alleviating his symptoms.  Plus, I really want to lose 10 lbs. ;)

Trying to get friends on-board has been tough!  With the exception of one friend, everyone else has given me a firm, "no way--that's too hard!" Finding this forum is great!  Now, I won't have to go it alone. :)

One of the things I worry about most, and it's silly, is eliminating all sugar from my diet.  Admittedly, I eat chocolate and a mocha every day and feel I'm addicted to chocolate.  In January '13, I removed all added sugar, soda, salt, processed foods, and wheat from my diet.  I lost 36 lbs.  I kept it up until June '14, when my son started to have his health problems, and was under constant stress.  Right now, I feel out of control with my eating, and am looking forward to getting back in shape again!

I'm looking forward to beginning the journey January 1st, with all of you. :)

I'm in!

this will be my 3rd Whole30.

Did my first one over 2 years ago and kept eating mostly Paleo since then.

I really need to do it again after making unhealthy food choices in the last couple of months and getting sick for the first time in the last couple of years! I want to feel GREAT again, not just fine and I know I feel great doing a Whole30.

It's great seeing a lot of you guys will be starting in January so we'll have a support group =)

I have done many whole 30 + days and I'm on currently in the December 1 whole 30 group.  I am going to continue on through January with all of you.  With all my whole 30 experience, I still have great difficulty following the "spirit" of the Whole 30.  I don't need to drop weight; my goal is to improve my relationship with food and myself (body image issues, etc.)

For the new people, watch your consumption of fruit and nuts.  These foods are considered foods with no brakes for many people (myself included).  I just gave up the fruit and nuts a few days ago.  I might only allow them in meals outside of my home.  I am an all or nothing type of person.  I have great difficulty with moderation.

Hi all,

I'm in!  This will be my 4th Whole30.  Like Laurie, (Hi, Laurie!!!  It's sooo good to see you here!) I have a hard time with moderation between Whole30's.  When I'm doing Whole30's I feel amazing, strong, invincible and badass.  But when the bad habits creep back in (in my case, wine and lattes), I feel lethargic, bloated, and moody and I don't sleep nearly as well.

Looking forward to W30ing with you all!

Ready and so excited to start my first Whole 30 on January 2! My goals are:

1. Ditch my sugar addiction

2. Focus on eating more protein and vegetables with each meal

3. Introduce myself to new veggies

4. Start to cook for myself more often - I don't enjoy cooking but clearly cooking and meal prep is a huge part of this program.

Hi!  I'm new here & plan on starting January 1st also. :D  I am a 49 yr old homeschooling SAHM to 2 wonderful teens, a great husband, 1 Toto-dog, & 2 rescued (former stray) cats.  I'll prolly be doing it alone because they just can't live without their bread & pasta & cheese.  For me the biggest hurdle will be the cheese (bread & pasta always make me feel bloated & gross so I tend to avoid them as much as I can, but do ocassionally indulge in them).  I've been playing with recipes this past month in preparation for January & many of them have been well-received by my family.  I've also taken this month to cut the cream from my coffee ... I LOVE my coffee & the thought of drinking it black (never sugar, but 1/2 n 1/2 always) was making me nervous, but it's been surprisingly easy. 

My plan is to start on January 1 and I am so glad to have this group to fall back on for support, etc.  I tried to do a whole30 last spring and it lasted 7 days.  My hard part will be no alcohol.  Typically, I come home from the office and have to unwind with wine (or something stronger) and I don't know how it will work going without.  But I am willing to try really hard.  I spend the weekends cooking for the work week.  Maybe we can all share recipes.

I'm starting Jan. 1st for my second attempt. I failed miserably the first time. I have severe IBS and while I'm not allergic to anything, I have many sensitivities. Hopefully, Whole30 can help me pinpoint them. I just transitioned to a Nourishing Traditions/WAPF diet about 3 months ago. It's greatly relieved my symptoms, but I'm still having issues. Losing some weight would be a much welcomed bonus! 

I can't wait to get started and make friends that will keep me accountable!

I'm in - starting January 5th. I need that weekend to shop/prep. Successful 30 last March, unsuccessful last August.

My two biggest challenges: a beastly sugar dragon; and a life that verges on too busy to take care of myself properly. It is not rare that I have to prioritize sleep vs exercise vs cooking...because I can't do them all and still hold down my job.

I'll go join the FB group. Thanks for setting that up!

I'll be starting my very first Whole30 on January 1!  I just joined the Facebook group also.  The main reason I want to do this is to help with digestive issues that I've had for so long that they seem normal.  I also want to kick my serious sugar habit!  I'm nervous about doing it because the rest of my family won't be doing it with me. However, my sister who lives nearby will be doing it with me so we can support each other.

I did a whole 30 mid August and loved it! Food prep and no wine was my challenge but I got into the groove after a week or so. I have a wedding on1/31 so hoping I can start the 2nd and still call it a whole 30 (29 ish:)

I'm SO ready to get back in the saddle....I can feel this lazy weight building and eager to reverse some bad habits that quickly returned! Trying not to overindulge before d day!

Yay! I'm all in! I've done a whole 30 last January and did pretty well throughout the year but lately have been drifting off path. 

I want to revamp my health with a clean fresh start for the year. Super excited to get started. I'm currently listening to It Starts With Food on Audible as a reminder and motivator, really enjoying the audio version as I can drive, clean and wrap presents while I listen :)

Can't wait to start!

Archived