Anyone planning to jump in on January 1st? Join me!!

politicalmama

Wow I wish I had figured out there was a starting Dec 1st forum before today. My husband and I started Dec 1 and did great until we had a glass of wine on the 20th. We have continued to stick with everything since then but you know after that 1st glass we were off the no wine wagon. I told him today at lunch I plan to retry starting on the 1st of Jan. I so glad to have found this forum to help keep me accountable. I also plan to challenge myself to get up and move (or at least ride my bike) at lease 5 days a week.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am planning on starting my very first Whole 30 on 1/1. I was going to do this earlier this year or in 2013 (I can't remember), but I never even started. The most I've done is a paleo challenge at the crossfit box I was part of and then I think I only lasted 20 or 26 days. However, I saw amazing results and loved how I felt. So it doesn't make a ton of sense to me why I went back to eating junk. It makes less sense to me as to why it's been so difficult to get back on track. I stopped going to Crossfit in August and haven't really exercised much since then.

But I've been reading "It Starts With Food" and after having to buy a size bigger pair of jeans - I'm ready.

I'm nervous because I'm going through a break up right now. He doesn't think I should do Whole 30, says it's too restrictive and it will be too hard. So this is the level of support at home I will be dealing with.

I've been trying to get out and walk my dog more, and be a little more consistent with running. Running is not as enjoyable with this extra weight though. Plus, depression and more frequent migraines just make the motivation that much more difficult to come by.

I have signed up for a 15k on January 11th. My anxiety about this isn't the distance (I've run a completely untrained half marathon before), it's the hot chocolate that will be served. It's the Hot Chocolate 15K. So, not really Whole 30 compliant. I'm also hoping to get back to Crossfit on 1/1.

I'm ready to leave this mess of myself in 2014 and make 2015 my happiest and healthiest year yet!

Any and all support is welcomed!

I'm starting on January 1st as well. I did my first whole 30 in the summer and felt great. I got rid of my headaches and reduced my anxiety. I however did not reintroduce food back the right way and am majorly struggling with my sugar demon. My goal this time is to reintroduce foods properly and figure out what is causing my bloat anxiety and headaches. I'm looking at this as a whole 45 so it is in my head thst way!

I'm joining in also! I just joined the FB group. I did one successful whole 30 last January and have been paleo for almost 3 years, but since going back to work in August, 12.5 hour rotating shifts no less..., my husband and I have struggled with waaay too many treats and poor food choices. I will be doing a whole30, hubby will just be going strict primal (meaning some dairy). I do much better without the dairy, so I will appreciate the support of the FB group and this forum. I am definitely a sugar-a-holic, even too many sweet fruits can be a problem, good grief! 

I will be definitely use some whole 30 freezer meals from Once A Month Meals and various cookbooks and the standard "saute some meat and veggies" go to meal.

I'm looking forward to the support of everyone! :) 

I'm new to Paleo and the Whole30challenge. Ready to start on January 1st and have had good success with making lifestyle changes with online support in the past. I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow so will make up my list today and plan my first week of meals this weekend. Really nervous about getting through the first 2 weeks but I'm not going to give up!

Woop woop! I'll be joining you all and am looking forward to my first whole30 kicking off in January.  I completed a whole28 in November and felt truly amazing. I also start training for my fourth marathon on 2 January.  I'm kicking off 2015 the way I want to be at the end of it, fit and fabulous.

Thanks to all the December festivities I'm feeling very bloated and puffy - oh well not long to go before that all changes.

I'm using the next five days to plan, plan, plan: food, runs, cupboards, social life.  It's the only way to have a truly awesome and successful whole30. 

Bring it!

I'm in - This will be my...fourth? I think. I've completed one successfully and another I almost made it to the end. The last time I did really well and my moods were so stable. I felt really peaceful and content. I lost 7 pounds which was a lot for me for one month.

This year I really noticed my body metabolism slow down and all the symptoms of peri-menopause (unexplained slow weight gain, night sweats, tired all the time,etc.) even though I feel like every year I eat healthier than the year before. Time to eliminate everything bad and see if I can turn this around.

I've been preparing meals and putting them into individual sized baggies and containers and freezing them. One of the reasons for some of my failed attempts was not being prepared with things I could easily grab to eat. That and my husband thinks I should be more flexible and allow myself to cheat a little. But for me, it's harder to figure out when to cheat and where to put the boundaries. It's much easier for me to just stick to the rule-book and not have to battle a justification thought process.

This time I also subscribed to the daily newsletter, which I have never done before, bought the book, It Starts with Food, and joined the FB page. Looking forward to another success!

Hi!  Hubby and I are on the resolution bandwaggon and are so excited! We may just start a day or 4 early! :)  We've both been searching for a way to get back on track, and for a lack of better words, cleanse ourselves of toxins and bad habits.  His lipid level is sky high and we have both put on some serious weight over the last few years due to lousy eating schedules and poor choices.  One of his regular customers (he has a car service) told him about this a few weeks ago after they had completed the entire 30 days (both of them 15 pounds lighter) and it was all he needed to hear to jump on board.  We are really excited to get started! 

Hi all, I guess it would be a good thing for me to introduce myself and share what I'm looking for/wanting to get out of this.

I have an A-type personality. That said, I've tried to get into Paleo for a while now and I'm failing miserably! That goes against who I am and I'm determined to do it but I need accountability and this 30 day plan is just what the doctor ordered. I like the tough love approach and this is a challenge to me or maybe I should say it's good for me to look at it this way while I get started as my A-type is kicking in, if you know what I mean.  

The trouble I see is the the "no sweetener" issue but I'm willing to set it aside. I don't eat flour/grains/legumes and haven't for going on 2 years now so those are in the bag, but I'm a huge protein bar/shake/smoothie person and so my whey powder is going in the back of the pantry and I'll just have to deal with a quick meal consisting of protein and veggies. Another thing is the scale, I'm going to have my BF hide it after I wake up and weigh myself tomorrow morning. I'm one of those who is obsessed with the scale and weigh myself every day so it has to be removed or I will never survive not getting on it. I would like to drop 10lbs and that will put me 5 below my perfect weight but I want wiggle room because I am not used to eating fats/heavy protein and when I tried to get into Paleo over the last few months I put on 5lbs, hence why I want it off. Although, I'm pretty fit and resistance train 3 days a week with limited cardio (hate cardio) and the 10lbs. is more of a vanity thing than anything but it's what I want and it will make me feel good. The real goal for me here is to get my arse into Paleo in a hardcore way and this plan will no doubt do, just that. 

I'll be checking in and letting you all know how I'm doing, especially in the first week as that will be the real test for me. Once I have 7 days under my belt I believe... hope... the rest is history. We'll see now won't we!   :)

Very excited to start this and I wish you all good luck! 

Carly

Hi guys,

Another January 1st Whole 30er here! This will be my 2nd Whole30, and I'm thinking about making it a Whole45 or 60...

I did my first Whole30 in September/October and felt absolutely amazing, both physically and (most noticeably) mentally. 

The past few months have made me realize that my sugar addiction is incredibly psychologically draining. Too much of my energy goes towards bingeing and than hating myself afterwards. Not good! Also I am really active (rock climber, runner, and cyclist), and I notice a definite correlation with my eating habits and performance. 

Joining the FB group now. 

Good luck guys, we've got this!

I too am starting my very first Whole30 on Jan 1st. I'm a little nervous as I suck at planning, but I'm committed to getting my health back. I think we could all use as much support as possible. Especially those of us with little to no RL support base. So bring it on Jan 1! Let's rock this!

I'm starting on Jan. 1st. I'm worried about telling my parents (am in High School) because I'm afraid they'll say things like, "You don't need to go on a diet." But I do. I'm not overweight, but I'm at the higher end of the "Healthy" weight range for my height. I don't want to do the diet for my weight, but mainly in order to feel healthier. My family already tries to eat healthy, all organic food, lots of veggies and fruit, but you can slip sometimes-exspecially during the holidays. So I want to try and create a healthier life for me, but without my parents. Maybe I'll tell them, maybe I won't-your opinions? 

Morning all!

I'm planning for Whole30 #3 starting Jan 1. I've been on this journey for several years now (pre-dating the Whole30), having successfully maintained a weight loss of ~80 pounds for 2+ years now. Recently I've found myself slipping and between that and work related stress need to jump start things once again.

I don't have much of a physical network to rely on in person so I'm hoping using this forum will be the boost I need to stick with it and hit my health goals in the coming months. I'm also in the process of becoming a certified Health & Wellness coach, so before I start helping others achieve their goals, I figured I should get my house in order!

I look forward to interacting with as many of you as possible over this month and seeing everyone make the 30 a success!

Be Well -

Jesse

I'm planning to start Jan 1. This will be my first. I'm excited.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer, Oct 2013. Under the care of my nutritionist, my husband and I eliminated sugar and processed food from our diet. Sugar feeds cancer. We also increased our clean animal products and fruits & vegis. Our goal was to increase our health, the unexpected "side effect" was both of us lost 25 lbs! When we did this we knew nothing about paleo or or the whole 30. I discovered and read the Whole 30 in Nov 2014. I knew that this was to be a continuation of my healing path. 

Whole grain bread and beans will be my challenge, as will meal planning. 

I'm starting on the 2nd... completely new to me and I'm completely overwhelmed, but must. do. something.  I've been reading up on Paleo for a year now, but have done nothing with it.  I've never been part of a group like this and really hope it makes a difference in my motivation.  I'm excited about being held accountable.  I have a history of failing to stick with new things, but I figure if you keep trying, one day you'll figure it out!  Looking forward to this! 

Archived